Photo

DECIDE NASCAR'S NEXT MOVE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

Poll: Decide Nascar's Phate! (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Should I Move Out?

1. Yes (12 votes [60.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. No (2 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

3. Live at work (1 votes [5.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

4. I'm not being helpful and I don't know (5 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote

#1 Chancellor Gunn

Chancellor Gunn

First Lord of the Treasury, High Constable, and Prime Minister

• Chancellor
  • 16005 posts
  • BJ Points:168
  • Ruler Name:President Gunn
  • Nation Name:Acturea
  • IRC Nick:Nascar8FanGA
  • Nation Link

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

Should I move out?

REMEMBER TO POST WHY

If yes / no why?

Background. I currently live with a grandparent while working and being a part time student. I live about 15 mins from work (without traffic) and more or less have two rooms (bed room plus a computer like room). I could move out and if so move into an apartment that's literally a 2 min drive from where I work (from my parking spot at work to parking spot infront of my apartment [only 90 seconds from parking spot at work to gate {It's gated at night}]). There is of course pro's and con's with the decision:

Money: It will cost about 700 bucks a month for a 2 bedroom apartment compared to living rent free (I pay half the bills / food). I might save money other ways? Right now I eat out alot because I have to pass every fucking fast food place on the way to and from work. Therefore I generally will grab lunch like every day. If I lived close to home I might would just buy food and cook it or make sammiches more. I don't know.

Socialness: You can't really invite friends over that often when you live with a grandparent, or I wouldn't :P but if you live by yourself you could easily. However, living alone you would be less social (or I would) except maybe if you had good neighbors. The only real social interaction I get currently is at work (which will stay) and the little bit I get from talking to my grandfather.

Time: I have an hour for lunch. If I want to go home for lunch (which I do sometimes) it's 15 mins there, then I have 30 mins, then 15 mins back. If I moved it would be 2 mins there, 55 mins there, 2 mins back (with a spare minute inbetween for walking to and from). Also, wake up later and get home earlier.

Alone: This kind of goes with socialness. I'm not very social so I'm not going to be going out of my way to do things. No one (as of right now) is going to be moving in with me. I feel like I'm not getting enough social activity, so I'd basically be trading very little social activity for none, but with the possibility of more. I feel like it's a change, I might could use some change.

Location: Currently I live out of town on an acre or two so I have plenty of room around me, can go outside easily, etc... The apartments would be in the city (very small city) right next to a middle school (as Special Mike pointed out every so eagerly. Yes Jorost will beg to come visit). Anyway that's just for saying whats around. On the direct opposite side of the school is some pretty bad apartments (alot less) that have been known to have drug dealers and an adult assisted living facility. There is always half crazy people (not talking bad about them) walking around, digging through trash, asking for money, around the school / my work. The apartments are gated at night and look like they would keep most people out. There are ALOT of apartments. They have a center door at each one you go in, and then you can go to the 4 apartments from in there (one to left/one to right, other two upstairs). They are the newest apartments in the city, and most of the other ones are getting kind of run down. There's another that's subsidized (second newest [those are interesting to visit....]). But they need pressured washed :P I rode through the other day and there were some people sitting outside and some kids playing (only saw 4 groups of people total, but I was mainly looking at the apartments and not the people).

A former co-worker lives there and I wouldn't mind being neighbors with him, I would actually prefer it.

So thoughts, questions, etc...?

Member Awards ()

#2 Chancellor Gunn

Chancellor Gunn

• Chancellor
  • 16005 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

Clarification:

[19:18:17] <LordofDarkness[NPO]> can go outside easily // you go outside? :P
[19:18:31] <Nascar8FanGA> I SAID I CAN
[19:18:33] <Nascar8FanGA> NOT THAT I DO

Member Awards ()

#3 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Ruler Name:Thrash
  • Nation Name:Machas
  • IRC Nick:Thrash[Invicta]
  • Nation Link

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

Should I move out?

If yes / no why?

Background. I currently live with a grandparent while working and being a part time student. I live about 15 mins from work (without traffic) and more or less have two rooms (bed room plus a computer like room). I could move out and if so move into an apartment that's literally a 2 min drive from where I work (from my parking spot at work to parking spot infront of my apartment [only 90 seconds from parking spot at work to gate {It's gated at night}]). There is of course pro's and con's with the decision:

15 minute commute is nothing. 2 minute would suck. I'd go crazy if I got to work that fast. I'd be like I have to deal with this shit already? My commute is my preparation for the day at work.

Money: It will cost about 700 bucks a month for a 2 bedroom apartment compared to living rent free (I pay half the bills / food). I might save money other ways? Right now I eat out alot because I have to pass every fucking fast food place on the way to and from work. Therefore I generally will grab lunch like every day. If I lived close to home I might would just buy food and cook it or make sammiches more. I don't know.

How much is half the bills/food? What's the difference between that and 700. Can you get by on that? Buying food to make at home would save money.

Socialness: You can't really invite friends over that often when you live with a grandparent, or I wouldn't :P but if you live by yourself you could easily. However, living alone you would be less social (or I would) except maybe if you had good neighbors. The only real social

interaction I get currently is at work (which will stay) and the little bit I get from talking to my grandfather.

You said they live close. If you get bored, go over and hang out for awhile.

Time: I have an hour for lunch. If I want to go home for lunch (which I do sometimes) it's 15 mins there, then I have 30 mins, then 15 mins back. If I moved it would be 2 mins there, 55 mins there, 2 mins back (with a spare minute inbetween for walking to and from). Also, wake up later and get home earlier.

You could also take a nap when you go home. I used to do that when I lived like 10 minutes from work.

Alone: This kind of goes with socialness. I'm not very social so I'm not going to be going out of my way to do things. No one (as of right now) is going to be moving in with me. I feel like I'm not getting enough social activity, so I'd basically be trading very little social activity for none, but with the possibility of more. I feel like it's a change, I might could use some change.

Can't help you here. I've never been on my own.

Location: Currently I live out of town on an acre or two so I have plenty of room around me, can go outside easily, etc... The apartments would be in the city (very small city) right next to a middle school (as Special Mike pointed out every so eagerly. Yes Jorost will beg to come visit). Anyway that's just for saying whats around. On the direct opposite side of the school is some pretty bad apartments (alot less) that have been known to have drug dealers and an adult assisted living facility. There is always half crazy people (not talking bad about them) walking around, digging through trash, asking for money, around the school / my work. The apartments are gated at night and look like they would keep most people out. There are ALOT of apartments. They have a center door at each one you go in, and then you can go to the 4 apartments from in there (one to left/one to right, other two upstairs). They are the newest apartments in the city, and most of the other ones are getting kind of run down. There's another that's subsidized (second newest [those are interesting to visit....]). But they need pressured washed :P I rode through the other day and there were some people sitting outside and some kids playing (only saw 4 groups of people total, but I was mainly looking at the apartments and not the people).

Link to place? Or city/state?

Member Awards ()

#4 Chancellor Gunn

Chancellor Gunn

• Chancellor
  • 16005 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

15 minute commute is nothing. 2 minute would suck. I'd go crazy if I got to work that fast. I'd be like I have to deal with this shit already? My commute is my preparation for the day at work.

I know its not. That's how college was for me. I'd wake up with literally just enough time (sometimes not enough) to jump in the shower, shave (skipped alot), brush teeth, and run. But I had a 45 min drive. I'd live an hour before class and would mentally prepare on the drive in and the 15 mins or so before class. Now I just wake up like 30 mins early and use that time to do that.

How much is half the bills/food? What's the difference between that and 700. Can you get by on that? Buying food to make at home would save money.

Well it would be cheaper to keep living here, no doubt. The bills for food, gas, supplies, etc... is about 700 bucks a month. I pay half, so thats about 350 a month. 50 bucks for electricity, 25 or 30 for cable/internet, and just some other things. So about 450-600 a month tops for things (other than cell phone, insurance, etc...) The apartments come with satellite (but I barley watch TV anyway and I'd get internet) so it would be about 700 (it's really like 690 or something) + 50 bucks a month or so (cheaper than heating/ac'ing a whole house right?), 50 for internet (after special), and maybe 250 or so for food etc? So a little over 1k a month. Which I could do. I also should note I have enough money to pay everything listed above (apartment price wise) for probably 5-6 months in savings.

You said they live close. If you get bored, go over and hang out for awhile.

I don't exactly like to go visit them. Mainly because the main one I CAN go visit lives with a dick room mate who is a druggie (I don't like drugs) and they constantly have lots of people over that I don't like. The other ones much prefer to go somewhere else and escape their home.

You could also take a nap when you go home. I used to do that when I lived like 10 minutes from work.

Exactly :D

Can't help you here. I've never been on my own.

:P

Link to place? Or city/state?

I'll query it to you

Member Awards ()

#5 Bambi

Bambi
  • Foreign Diplomat
  • 86 posts
  • Ruler Name:AmbroseIV
  • Nation Name:Liechtenstein
  • IRC Nick:Bambi
  • Alliance Name:R&R
  • Nation Link

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

Do it.

It'll be liberating and allow you to spread your wings. And it's so much easier to have gay sex/threesomes with twins/etc. when you aren't living with family. Money — I don't know if that's a good or bad deal (it's $500/week down here), but if you can afford it comfortably... go for it. Definitely cook more — cheaper and nicerer and improve an essential-to-life skillset. The whole social aspect is the part I think you need to be careful with — don't become a hermit, even if that's your natural inclination. If you find someone who would make a good roommate (i.e. would give you space and not sell your stuff for drugs), I don't see what the problem is :|

#6 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

The Invictan Formerly Known as Jorost

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Gender:Household pet that walked across the keyboard - male
  • Ruler Name:Jorost
  • Nation Name:Invicta Crownlands
  • IRC Nick:Jorost
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

This is a no-brainer.

You're, what, 20 years old, Nas?  These are supposed to be fun years.  Most people your age would be living on a college campus, or maybe in an off-campus apartment, socializing, copulating, and imbibing various substances.  Jesus holy mother of Christ almighty, you're living with a grandparent?!?  I mean, that's sweet and everything.  I was practically raised by my grandmother(s), and I still see my Oma (that's German for grandmother and if anyone has a problem with it I swear to God I will crawl through the internet and pull your intestines out through your nose) once a week.  In fact I was just there earlier tonight.  But I digress.

As much as I love my Oma, if I had to live with her I would probably hang myself.  It's not exactly a boon to your social life.  How are you supposed to get sweaty Southern girl poontang/hot black cock with Grandma in the next room?  No.  You need to move out.

You'll probably still eat out a lot.  I do.  That's the thing about living on your own: cooking for one sucks.  The best thing is if you're disciplined and make a big batch of something that you can pick at for a few days.  But I rarely even do that.  I make a lot of sammiches, though.

Here's what needs to happen:

1.  You move out and into your own apahtment, as we say in Boston.

2.  You find a nice girl/guy/tranny and copulate with her/him/it as much as you can.

3.  Consume large quantities of alcohol.  This is best done in the company of large groups of people who are doing the same, preferably with music playing and a variety of snacks available.  Such an assemblage is known as a "party," and is a frequent feature of living on your own in your early 20s.  If done correctly, it will lead to #2, above.  Although if you drink too much it will be a sloppy and unsatisfying #2.  And it might lead to that other kind of #2.  Shit happens.

4.  Take drugs.  By which I mean marijuana.  I could not in good conscience ever recommend anyone try anything harder.  There are places I will tread and places I will not.  Cocaine, heroin, meth, and things of that ilk all have big red circles with lines through them to my mind.  Other things I'd say you need to make an informed decision on a case by case basis.  But definitely smoke yourself some green.  Ideally while taking part in either #2 or #3 above, or, better yet, both together (see orgy).

Now, I'm not expecting you to have an orgy by next week.  But as Haim is my witness, you WILL have one.

Now go get yourself an apartment.  And I'll start thinking up Craigslist ads for you.  :)

Member Awards ()

#7 Redezra

Redezra

~>:BAMF:<~

• Invicta: Knight
  • 7728 posts
  • Gender:Sentient artificial intelligence - identifies as female
  • Ruler Name:Redezra
  • Nation Name:Jorostopia
  • IRC Nick:Redezra
  • Nation Link

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

4.  Take drugs.  By which I mean marijuana.  I could not in good conscience ever recommend anyone try anything harder.  There are places I will tread and places I will not.  Cocaine, heroin, meth, and things of that ilk all have big red circles with lines through them to my mind.  Other things I'd say you need to make an informed decision on a case by case basis.  But definitely smoke yourself some green.  Ideally while taking part in either #2 or #3 above, or, better yet, both together (see orgy).

>.> You are a bad, bad person Jorost. Just for that, -1000 brownie points.

I don't think your Oma would approve of it Jorost~ I know my Oma wouldn't~

#8 Chancellor Gunn

Chancellor Gunn

• Chancellor
  • 16005 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

But I skipped the whole kid/teen thing :P I'm going to college and working full time. I have the call a career and am working it. Kinda hard to go party and shit too much if you want to keep it

Member Awards ()

#9 Shotgun Willy

Shotgun Willy

Rat Bastard

• Advisor
  • 2333 posts
  • Ruler Name:ShotgunWilly
  • Nation Name:Klein Republic
  • IRC Nick:ShotgunWilly
  • Nation Link

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

Is there any reason you're going for 2 bedrooms even though you'll living alone? I'd think a 1 bedroom would be fine - and cheaper. You'd also have the living room (or what passes for it) to yourself. But yea, if you think you make enough money to still provide for yourself (comfortably) after rent and utilities? Then go for it. My brother does something similar - he has an apartment within walking distance of his workplace (it's about as quick to walk there as to drive, all told) and he loves it. 

If you want the second bedroom for guests... fuck it, you're a college student, that's what a futon is for. >_>

Member Awards ()

#10 Chancellor Gunn

Chancellor Gunn

• Chancellor
  • 16005 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

Learz added nice options :|

/me beats

Member Awards ()

#11 Chancellor Gunn

Chancellor Gunn

• Chancellor
  • 16005 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

Is there any reason you're going for 2 bedrooms even though you'll living alone? I'd think a 1 bedroom would be fine - and cheaper. You'd also have the living room (or what passes for it) to yourself. But yea, if you think you make enough money to still provide for yourself (comfortably) after rent and utilities? Then go for it. My brother does something similar - he has an apartment within walking distance of his workplace (it's about as quick to walk there as to drive, all told) and he loves it. 

If you want the second bedroom for guests... fuck it, you're a college student, that's what a futon is for. >_>

They only have 2 bed rooms at this one iirc. Either that or it was like just 75 bucks more for another bedroom. So its like why not. Gives me the option of a room mate down the line

Member Awards ()

#12 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

>.> You are a bad, bad person Jorost. Just for that, -1000 brownie points.

I don't think your Oma would approve of it Jorost~ I know my Oma wouldn't~

My Oma smoked pot in the '70s and '80s.  I saw her with my own eyes.  She'd probably think you were an uptight old lady.  :P

But I skipped the whole kid/teen thing :P I'm going to college and working full time. I have the call a career and am working it. Kinda hard to go party and shit too much if you want to keep it

That, sir, sounds like a pussy talking.  :P

Nah, but seriously I don't mean every night.  I'm just saying that for most people this is looked upon as one of the most carefree and fun in their lives.  I won't tell you that life goes downhill, because that wouldn't be true.  In a lot of ways it gets better.  But it changes.  You get one shot at this, kid.  You don't want to look back in twenty years and wished you'd lived more.

Member Awards ()

#13 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

If it's two bedrooms get a roommate.  THAT can be a lot of fun.  It can be a disaster too, but even those are kind of funny when you look back on them.  It's all about the weird experiences we never forget, my friend.

Member Awards ()

#14 Locke

Locke

True and Righteous Hero of CN!

• Former Member
  • 497 posts
  • Ruler Name:Locke
  • Nation Name:Alestor
  • IRC Nick:Locke
  • Alliance Name:Global Order of Darkness
  • Nation Link

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

If the extra money pays off in increased enjoyment of your living situation and is affordable to you, then you should go ahead with it. I can't speak for how much better this place will be for you or if it's worth the money to you because I'm not you (something I'm sure many people thank their respective gods for each day :P).

Edited by Locke, 26 March 2013 - 07:27 PM.

Member Awards ()

#15 Learz

Learz

High Government

• Advisor
  • 3459 posts
  • Ruler Name:Learz
  • Nation Name:Eridani Empire
  • IRC Nick:Learz
  • Nation Link

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

and I still see my Oma (that's German for grandmother and if anyone has a problem with it I swear to God I will crawl through the internet and pull your intestines out through your nose) once a week.  In fact I was just there earlier tonight.  But I digress.

Crazy Nazi's.

It's cool tho, I'm half German. So it's like calling a brother 'nigga'.

Both sound good.

I stay with my parents over summers, and I'm basically alone during the school years. I have a roommate, but we say, like, 5 words every other week to each other. Which I prefer.

It's up to you. But for me, moving out isn't much different. Then again, I am rather boring. Rather than sitting at home on the computer, I now sit in my apartment on my computer. I can be naked now tho. Just gotta remember to put something on when my roomie gets back.

It's up to you. Both sound good. I'd probably stay, but that's because I'm a cheap bastard. Then again, I like being alone.

KYxC86W.jpg

Member Awards ()

#16 Chancellor Gunn

Chancellor Gunn

• Chancellor
  • 16005 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

Oh. If I moved I'd have to buy the following:

Computer Desk (was already planning on) (100 - 200)

Bed (200-400)

Sheets / pillows / blankets (50 tops?)

Couch (100-200)

Plates / Pans / Pots / Cups / Silverwear (umm idk 100 tops?)

Some form of table with chairs (wouldn't be a must to start off with) (maybe later cuase they can be pricey ish)

TV (100-300 depending)

Something for the TV to sit on (50?)

Router (50?)

So we're looking at 750 - 1350 for shit to go in there :( + like 200 bucks application/admin/shit fee + 700 first month rent + 700 deposit :P

That's 2350 - 3000 just to move in. However, I'd get 700 back if I ever moved out, and I'd have nice stuff to keep with me if I ever moved :P Also, I'd probably buy that stuff over like 2 months, not all at one.

Member Awards ()

#17 Infopowerbroker

Infopowerbroker

Rambo of the Flowers

• [Redacted]
  • 8461 posts
  • Ruler Name:Infopowerbroker
  • Nation Name:Maggie Walkerville
  • IRC Nick:Infopowerbroker
  • Nation Link

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

https://www.freakono...xperiments.com/

Do it. This will help.

Member Awards ()

#18 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

Also LOCKE!!!

Member Awards ()

#19 Chancellor Gunn

Chancellor Gunn

• Chancellor
  • 16005 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

https://www.freakono...xperiments.com/

Do it. This will help.

Move

You flipped the coin and got that you should move.

So, what next? You should start planning your move today.

We’ll check in several times over the next six months to see how you are doing. In the meantime, good luck!

Member Awards ()

#20 Malabyte

Malabyte
  • Foreign Diplomat
  • 8 posts
  • Ruler Name:Prodigyy
  • Nation Name:Elysian Plains
  • IRC Nick:Prodigy[NPO]
  • Alliance Name:New Pacific Order
  • Nation Link

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

Obviously. Move out. Search Craig's List now for cheap sofas and stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users