the rebel
  • Former Member
  • 1961 posts
  • Ruler Name:the rebel
  • Nation Name:rebellion
  • IRC Nick:TheRebel
  • Nation Link

Posted 18 November 2015 - 01:01 PM

I think the game is pretty good, namely because I didn't listen or buy into the hype train which always leads to disappointment. Imo the story is much better than previous Bethesda titles. The game still has problems and issues but overall I think its good.

nN6RBGS.jpg
Okay? They simplified aspects of the game, but that automatically doesn't mean the game is bad.

I don't particularly like the way the perk system has been laid out from the screenshot. Although it's a minor nitpick when for most people its a days wage to buy when new. It justifies nitpicking :P

Member Awards ()

#22 Shokkou

Shokkou
  • Banned
  • 1922 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:16 PM

Okay?  They simplified aspects of the game, but that automatically doesn't mean the game is bad.

I bet you thought Skyrim was a worthy addition to the Elder Scrolls series, you pleb.

Edited by Shokkou, 18 November 2015 - 02:17 PM.

#23 Molagbal

Molagbal

AWESOME

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 217 posts
  • Ruler Name:XxHouseArrestXx
  • Nation Name:Poland
  • IRC Nick:Molagbal
  • Alliance Name:North Atlantic Defense Coalition
  • Nation Link

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:20 PM

Okay?  They simplified aspects of the game, but that automatically doesn't mean the game is bad.

I bet you thought Skyrim was a worthy addition to the Elder Scrolls series, you pleb.

Every person has their own opinion you pleb, and no I did not like Skyrim.

Edited by Molagbal, 18 November 2015 - 02:23 PM.

#24 Molagbal

Molagbal

AWESOME

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 217 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:21 PM

I think the game is pretty good, namely because I didn't listen or buy into the hype train which always leads to disappointment. Imo the story is much better than previous Bethesda titles. The game still has problems and issues but overall I think its good.

nN6RBGS.jpg
Okay? They simplified aspects of the game, but that automatically doesn't mean the game is bad.

I don't particularly like the way the perk system has been laid out from the screenshot. Although it's a minor nitpick when for most people its a days wage to buy when new. It justifies nitpicking :P

Haha, yea I  hear ya.  I'm not a fan of the simplifications but the game has its strengths elsewhere imo.

#25 Haflinger

Haflinger

Flipper

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 10259 posts
  • Ruler Name:Haflinger
  • Nation Name:Llonach
  • IRC Nick:Haflinger
  • Nation Link

Posted 18 November 2015 - 05:26 PM

I liked Skyrim, just not as much as Oblivion which is actually still my favourite. Morrowind has a special place in my heart and in many ways the game is superior (particularly the way it handles factions and plot-essential NPCs), but let's face it: the scenery and setting of Vvardenfell is drab and much less rich than the later two open-worlders.

Yeah, Skyrim's skill system is still kinda broken, but let's face it, that's a problem for the whole series. You get to level 50, and the challenge disappears.

Skyrim does have the dragon battles going for it, which alone make it worth the price of admission. I just wish they hadn't included Dragonrend, a power so ridiculous it borks the dragon battles and makes them boring.

Member Awards ()

#26 Molagbal

Molagbal

AWESOME

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 217 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 18 November 2015 - 07:57 PM

I liked Skyrim, just not as much as Oblivion which is actually still my favourite. Morrowind has a special place in my heart and in many ways the game is superior (particularly the way it handles factions and plot-essential NPCs), but let's face it: the scenery and setting of Vvardenfell is drab and much less rich than the later two open-worlders.

Yeah, Skyrim's skill system is still kinda broken, but let's face it, that's a problem for the whole series. You get to level 50, and the challenge disappears.

Skyrim does have the dragon battles going for it, which alone make it worth the price of admission. I just wish they hadn't included Dragonrend, a power so ridiculous it borks the dragon battles and makes them boring.

Yeah I did like fighting dragons when they were flying backwards :P

#27 Haflinger

Haflinger

Flipper

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 10259 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 18 November 2015 - 09:46 PM

lol

All Bethesda games have ridiculous bugs in them. It's either part of the charm or what makes them so aggravating, depending on my mood.

... I kinda liked the old There Are An Infinite Number Of Louis Letrushes Just Outside Whiterun's Gates bug, although it did get annoying at times (I have one save where there are -so- many of them it's literally hard to get around them to just walk down the street to the Khajiit trader). Sadly (perhaps) it's been fixed.

Member Awards ()

#28 vanoeffelen

vanoeffelen
  • Former Member
  • 77 posts
  • Ruler Name:vanoeffelen
  • Nation Name:Dutch Empire
  • Nation Link

Posted 20 November 2015 - 08:27 AM

Some guys on my dorm floor bought the game and they are allowing other people to play it. I just played it and I think it has an interesting concept. (This is my first fallout game by the way). The story feels like a refreshing addition to the stereotypical apocalypse scenario that is in a lot of media today.

#29 Shokkou

Shokkou
  • Banned
  • 1922 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 10:56 AM

If you want to enjoy it, then finish it before you play the earlier Fallout games. New Vegas is, in my opinion, the pinnacle of the series. FO4 represents the dumbing down of yet another RPG franchise into a simpler genre, in this case a shooter.

#30 Haflinger

Haflinger

Flipper

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 10259 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 20 November 2015 - 10:15 PM

... now I'm going to grumble about the decline of shooters. Ah, Quake II. Was there ever a better shooter?

Member Awards ()

#31 Shokkou

Shokkou
  • Banned
  • 1922 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 01:35 AM

I'm still a fan of Perfect Dark 64. I wish it had a legit PC release, but that's not a recent game by any means so I guess it has nothing to do with the decline of shooters.

Edited by Shokkou, 21 November 2015 - 01:36 AM.

#32 Haflinger

Haflinger

Flipper

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 10259 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 21 November 2015 - 05:12 PM

I actually have a copy of Perfect Dork Zero. It's alright, but it can't compete with the pulse-pounding intensity of the early id shooters.

Member Awards ()

#33 Shokkou

Shokkou
  • Banned
  • 1922 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 06:21 PM

Zero was meh, especially compared to the original on the N64 which they revamped and rereleased on the 360.

#34 Redezra

Redezra

~>:BAMF:<~

• Invicta: Knight
  • 7728 posts
  • Gender:Sentient artificial intelligence - identifies as female
  • Ruler Name:Redezra
  • Nation Name:Jorostopia
  • IRC Nick:Redezra
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 21 November 2015 - 10:15 PM

... now I'm going to grumble about the decline of shooters. Ah, Quake II. Was there ever a better shooter?

The original Unreal Tournament.

#35 Molagbal

Molagbal

AWESOME

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 217 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 22 November 2015 - 02:27 AM

If you want to enjoy it, then finish it before you play the earlier Fallout games. New Vegas is, in my opinion, the pinnacle of the series. FO4 represents the dumbing down of yet another RPG franchise into a simpler genre, in this case a shooter.

We can agree on that, I really enjoyed Fallout New Vegas :D

#36 Killman4

Killman4

Formerly known as Junior Senior Gov

• Peer
  • 1433 posts
  • Gender:Household pet that walked across the keyboard - male
  • Ruler Name:killman4
  • Nation Name:Suomessa on vahva
  • IRC Nick:killlman4
  • Nation Link

Posted 23 November 2015 - 08:46 PM

Fallout 4 is a good game. Although, I think its not as good as Fallout New Vegas was. The new skill tree is not a welcome change for me, I miss being able to choose all the ridiculous perks. I've already put 60 hours into the game and went down the institute line, the story line leaves something to be desired. I miss all my choices from New Vegas. 

Member Awards ()

#37 Haflinger

Haflinger

Flipper

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 10259 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:03 AM

Remember that New Vegas was not really a Bethesda game. It was written by Obsidian, a company made up largely of people who did the coding for Fallouts 1 and 2. Fallout 3 and 4 were written by Bethesda Game Studios, so it is more logical to compare them to each other and the Elder Scrolls games.

Bethesda Softworks is just a distributor now.

Member Awards ()

#38 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

The Invictan Formerly Known as Jorost

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Gender:Household pet that walked across the keyboard - male
  • Ruler Name:Jorost
  • Nation Name:Invicta Crownlands
  • IRC Nick:Jorost
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:09 PM

The Roman numeral for 4 is "IV," not "IIII." -The nerd police

Member Awards ()

#39 Haflinger

Haflinger

Flipper

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 10259 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:50 PM

Also, using Roman numerals for Fallout, a decidedly non-classical type of game, is silly.

Member Awards ()

#40 Shokkou

Shokkou
  • Banned
  • 1922 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 02:18 PM

Also, using Roman numerals for Fallout, a decidedly non-classical type of game, is silly.

Maybe we're in an alternate setting where the Legion won?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users