not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Ruler Name:Thrash
  • Nation Name:Machas
  • IRC Nick:Thrash[Invicta]
  • Nation Link

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:24 AM

I like autopilot. The less I have to use my brain the better, it's fucked up enough as it is, it needs a break.

Member Awards ()

#42 Redezra

Redezra

~>:BAMF:<~

• Invicta: Knight
  • 7728 posts
  • Gender:Sentient artificial intelligence - identifies as female
  • Ruler Name:Redezra
  • Nation Name:Jorostopia
  • IRC Nick:Redezra
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:27 AM

Yeah, see, I'm generally not interested in using my brain to solve problems unless it's a subject that appeals to me. And since most stuff you'd do at work does not appeal to me, I'd just as soon be doing something that lets me be inside my head where there are superheroes and dragons. :)

But that's not productive! D: 

#43 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

The Invictan Formerly Known as Jorost

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Gender:Household pet that walked across the keyboard - male
  • Ruler Name:Jorost
  • Nation Name:Invicta Crownlands
  • IRC Nick:Jorost
  • Nation Link

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:19 AM

Yeah, see, I'm generally not interested in using my brain to solve problems unless it's a subject that appeals to me. And since most stuff you'd do at work does not appeal to me, I'd just as soon be doing something that lets me be inside my head where there are superheroes and dragons. :)

So? I'm not interested in being productive for other people.

Member Awards ()

#44 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:52 PM

They are like SOP crazy. There's a computer system you log in with your card and it tells you where to go and then you get the step by step procedures on how to do to things, mark them complete when you're done, etc, it's pretty cool.

All I did all day today was sit in front of a computer and learn about all those things.. it's pretty neat.

This job is gonna be so cake.

They're really afraid of unions.there

Member Awards ()

#45 HailSatan

HailSatan
  • Foreign Diplomat
  • 47 posts
  • Ruler Name:HailSatan
  • Nation Name:Croatia1
  • Alliance Name:TPF
  • Nation Link

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:17 PM

Oh never say union there, you will find the door pretty damn quick. 

#46 Redezra

Redezra

~>:BAMF:<~

• Invicta: Knight
  • 7728 posts
  • Gender:Sentient artificial intelligence - identifies as female
  • Ruler Name:Redezra
  • Nation Name:Jorostopia
  • IRC Nick:Redezra
  • Nation Link

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:02 PM

Note to self, when Jorost starts being lazy in the new world order, crack out the flamethrower

#47 Justavictim82

Justavictim82

Better than you

• Peer
  • 2233 posts
  • Ruler Name:justavictim82
  • Nation Name:AllaboutthePentiums
  • IRC Nick:Justavictim82[Invicta]
  • Alliance Name:Horse love
  • Nation Link

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:05 PM

They are like SOP crazy. There's a computer system you log in with your card and it tells you where to go and then you get the step by step procedures on how to do to things, mark them complete when you're done, etc, it's pretty cool.

All I did all day today was sit in front of a computer and learn about all those things.. it's pretty neat.

This job is gonna be so cake.

They're really afraid of unions.there

Being uniform with training is pretty standard nowadays for big business. I had the same thing going when I was running stores for a now (mostly) defunct small electronics chain for 5 years.

Member Awards ()

#48 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:31 AM

Note to self, when Jorost starts being lazy in the new world order, crack out the flamethrower

If you've got me doing menial, pointless busywork in the new world order you're in for an assassination. :P

Member Awards ()

#49 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:52 AM

Welp, just finished my 2nd day on the night shift. Working at night is awesome. Going to sleep at 2PM sucks.

I've already found so many things wrong with how the place runs from inventory control to stocking to cleaning to employee attitudes to clueless managers.

Moving in for a promotion.

All I've done so far is "zone."  That's basically straightening out an area, pulling product forward, putting shit back in it's right place. Boring, but the time flies. My fucking legs and feet kill me after all the stooping, standing and kneeling.

A fucking ridiculous thing is if you find something that's broken or open, you have to dispose of the contents properly. Today I had to fucking scoop hair gel out of a jar and put it in a plastic bag to throw out the contents, so they can process the claim on the broken item. 

Another ridiculous thing is all the thieves and fucking slobs that shop at that store. There's garbage all over the shelves from people just putting it there and then other fucking workers don't clean it up and just push it to the back and put shit in front of it. Today I fucking picked up a bowl with chicken bones in it, like wtf?? Like how are you walking around the store eating chicken wings? It's not like garbage cans would help either. The shit that people steal too.. I was working in the health and beauty section and you can't believe how many open packages of shit there are. Did you really need to remove your makeup that bad that you had to go into Walmart and open a package of makeup remover pads to get it off your face?

I also want to punch customers in the face so it's good I work when there's hardly any people shopping. I spent an hour today straightening out paper plates and some fucking guy comes over, picks one pack up, puts it back in another place, did it like 4 times, I wanted to fucking kill him.

Member Awards ()

#50 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:05 AM

That's weird about the chicken wings! When I was in high school I worked at the local Kmart, so I know what you mean about people making messes, though. Have you seen the public restrooms yet?

Member Awards ()

#51 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:31 PM

Of course I've seen 'em, I have to use 'em.

They don't clean them on the night shift either. I went to the bathroom in the front of the store yesterday and holy shit what a mess, toilet paper EVERYWHERE. I think people took shits in the urinals because they were full of toilet paper too.

Member Awards ()

#52 slimshadyinc

slimshadyinc
  • Former Member
  • 503 posts
  • Ruler Name:slimshadyinc
  • Nation Name:United Freedom State
  • Nation Link

Posted 26 May 2015 - 07:32 PM

At my store somebody actually bought a live lobster and hid it behind product on the shelf. I actually thought that was pretty hilarious.

Member Awards ()

#53 rotty

rotty

The First 2 time Puppy President

• President Emeritus
  • 13429 posts
  • BJ Points:69696969
  • Ruler Name:rotty
  • Nation Name:Giggle
  • IRC Nick:rotty
  • Alliance Name:~ Invicta ~
  • Nation Link

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:22 PM

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

Member Awards ()

#54 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:20 AM

Of course I've seen 'em, I have to use 'em.

They don't clean them on the night shift either. I went to the bathroom in the front of the store yesterday and holy shit what a mess, toilet paper EVERYWHERE. I think people took shits in the urinals because they were full of toilet paper too.

I've never understood the horrible, horrible things people will do in public restrooms. It's like we all have a secret two-year-old inside us who wants revenge for potty training and he only comes out in public restrooms. I'm surprised you guys don't get your own employee restrooms.

Member Awards ()

#55 HailSatan

HailSatan
  • Foreign Diplomat
  • 47 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:25 AM

Oh yes, welcome to walmart.... where workers just do enough to get by or hide in other departments so they don't have to do shit.  I see you take pride in  your work, its a rare thing there, you find this out after a while. 

You will learn the customers and when they come, I use to see this whole family come in once a week, it was like oh you stopped long enough from playing the banjo on the porch to come to walmart in your dress up clothes ?  lol . 

Hell, one summer i put together grills , that's all I did, that was awesome, couldn't keep up with the demand.  although, i had this other worker with me that would put shit together wrong then would have to fix his crap. But, can't always find good help. 

#56 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:07 AM

I think most workers in most businesses do just enough to get by. That's kind of the American way. Unless you're one of the small percentage of people who actually enjoys their job and are enthusiastic and happy to go to work (usually people with high paying, high prestige jobs), nobody likes work. That's why people quit their jobs when they win the lottery.

I had a friend who worked in insurance. He didn't really like the job, and it's not what he wanted to do for the rest of his life, but it was fine while he was finishing his degree. Every year they would have employee reviews, during which they would ask everyone what their "plan" for the next year was (the kind of meaningless question I hate). His answer? "I plan to do the minimum amount necessary to keep my job." Gotta love honesty. :)

Member Awards ()

#57 HailSatan

HailSatan
  • Foreign Diplomat
  • 47 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 30 May 2015 - 06:49 PM

I guess I am in the few percentage that likes my job and try to do the best I can no matter what i do.

Granted when i got my paycheck from walmart it was a piss poor day, i would think , crap i could make this in a day what the hell am i doing this for.

But, sometimes just have to find things out like that. 

#58 slimshadyinc

slimshadyinc
  • Former Member
  • 503 posts
  • Ruler Name:slimshadyinc
  • Nation Name:United Freedom State
  • Nation Link

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:04 PM

Do they have you do an aisle by yourself? Or are you like teamed up with somebody?

Member Awards ()

#59 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 01 June 2015 - 12:59 PM

They trust you enough now to be able to zone an aisle by yourself. If you're stocking, they still put you on a team. I did a lot of stuff in the backroom today, much better then being out on the floor. I got to play with a scanner and print out labels.

Some of these supervisor people really keep you busy though.. it's not as easy as I thought.

Member Awards ()

#60 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 01 June 2015 - 08:44 PM

Carry a clipboard and try to always look harried. If they think you're busy they're more likely to leave you alone.

Member Awards ()

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users