Photo

humanity is having some technical difficulties!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Von

Von
  • Banned
  • 408 posts
  • Ruler Name:VonPharaoh
  • Nation Name:Vonderland
  • Nation Link

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:55 AM

I know how much people in Israel and Gaza have been killed, but I'm not sure how many ISIS is killing in Iraq and Syria. I just heard they kicked out thousands of Christians from their homes in Mousel and gave them the option to become moslem or leave everything behind and flee on foot in the desert or be killed... oh and the news agencies and our western governments are not even giving a shit. I am not really sure what happened to our humanity it seems that humanity is having some technical difficulties or a very evil agenda is being served here.

Member Awards ()

#2 Redezra

Redezra

~>:BAMF:<~

• Invicta: Knight
  • 7728 posts
  • Gender:Sentient artificial intelligence - identifies as female
  • Ruler Name:Redezra
  • Nation Name:Jorostopia
  • IRC Nick:Redezra
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:45 AM

Never make the mistake of trying to draw together things into some kind of order. Chaos rules in the universe.

However, yes, there is a particularly bad series of events that have happened recently, but that happens. All we can hope is that it doesn't last too long.

#3 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

The Invictan Formerly Known as Jorost

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Gender:Household pet that walked across the keyboard - male
  • Ruler Name:Jorost
  • Nation Name:Invicta Crownlands
  • IRC Nick:Jorost
  • Nation Link

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:31 AM

Humans kill each other.  A lot.  There need be no more nefarious explanation than that.  In comparison to other times in history the current level of violence is actually quite low.  Which says a lot about us, sadly.  :(

Member Awards ()

#4 Manoka

Manoka
  • Internal Affairs: Writer
  • 6520 posts
  • Ruler Name:deadmanszpiper
  • Nation Name:Manoka
  • IRC Nick:Rawrmansz
  • Nation Link

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:41 AM

/sigh

This is why you need to join the Illuminati! 

In a one world government, what country is your enemy; we all share the same sovereignty. 

It would solve so many problems. 

Member Awards ()

#5 PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Prince of all Saiyans

• Peer
  • 3156 posts
  • Ruler Name:Ramelon
  • Nation Name:Jotunheim
  • IRC Nick:PrinceVegeta
  • Nation Link

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:19 PM

Akin to what Jorost has said, Humanity has always had "Technical difficulties".

It's all apart of the growing process really. We're in "civilizational puberty" as I like to call it. It's not a set process though, so it could be influenced to process quicker, but that requires a very large amount of intelligent, good hearted people, and we happen to have that in the minority of numbers. :(

Member Awards ()

#6 the rebel

the rebel
  • Former Member
  • 1961 posts
  • Ruler Name:the rebel
  • Nation Name:rebellion
  • IRC Nick:TheRebel
  • Nation Link

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:06 PM

I know how much people in Israel and Gaza have been killed, but I'm not sure how many ISIS is killing in Iraq and Syria. I just heard they kicked out thousands of Christians from their homes in Mousel and gave them the option to become moslem or leave everything behind and flee on foot in the desert or be killed... oh and the news agencies and our western governments are not even giving a shit. I am not really sure what happened to our humanity it seems that humanity is having some technical difficulties or a very evil agenda is being served here.

Media gets bored, hence why if some new drama happens, everything else gets swept under the carpet... shit in Lybia got ignored because of Syria; shit in Syria got ignored because of Ukraine.... and if it wasn't for that airliner then shit in Ukraine got ignored because of Israel.

Member Awards ()

#7 Learz

Learz

High Government

• Advisor
  • 3459 posts
  • Ruler Name:Learz
  • Nation Name:Eridani Empire
  • IRC Nick:Learz
  • Nation Link

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:32 PM

The media needs negative things to happen to stay in business. If everything was awesome all the time, no one would watch the news. But if an airliner goes down, a country gets invaded, etc, everyone turns to the news. (This is explored somewhat in this movie).

So basically, whenever something bad happens, everyone hears about it. But what about the good things that happen? Almost no one reports on those, because they don't generate lots of viewers.

Like the religious fighting that went on in Egypt. Lots of news coverage of the fighting, no news coverage of Christians protecting Muslims when they prayed, and Muslims protecting Christians when they prayed.

Or the uprising in Iran a few years back. Everyone saw fighting and shooting on the news, but no one showed the protestors and the police protecting each other.

That's really all the examples I have on hand :P But the media generally gives lots of coverage to everything going wrong in the world, and ignores the small victories in life.

So, don't let things get you down :P

Member Awards ()

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users