• Chancellor
  • 16005 posts
  • BJ Points:168
  • Ruler Name:President Gunn
  • Nation Name:Acturea
  • IRC Nick:Nascar8FanGA
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:40 PM

America considers the world theirs. Earth and space.

Member Awards ()

#22 lennybronx

lennybronx
  • Advisor
  • 260 posts
  • Ruler Name:lennybronx
  • Nation Name:Dominica Isle
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:46 PM

If we let Russia keep getting away with stuff they'll try more and more and it won't end here; besides, these are some major human rights violations, and with most of the world backing us up at a clear political loss it'll probably be seen as justified. 

"if we let".

we are not the fuckin world police

^ THIS

Dont get me wrong, we can't let RUssia keep getting away with things like this.... again... WE can't let them get away with this. We are not the police of the world, and the only way Russia can be dealt with is through a coalition of numerous countries. Not just us. And when such a coalition is formed, 70% of the troops, vehicles, etc. can't be from the U.S.

Member Awards ()

#23 Svojtot

Svojtot
  • Former Member
  • 147 posts
  • Ruler Name:Svojtot
  • Nation Name:Nordic Confederation
  • IRC Nick:Svojtot/Necromaniac
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:52 PM

If we let Russia keep getting away with stuff they'll try more and more and it won't end here; besides, these are some major human rights violations, and with most of the world backing us up at a clear political loss it'll probably be seen as justified. 

"if we let".

^ THIS

Dont get me wrong, we can't let RUssia keep getting away with things like this.... again... WE can't let them get away with this. We are not the police of the world, and the only way Russia can be dealt with is through a coalition of numerous countries. Not just us. And when such a coalition is formed, 70% of the troops, vehicles, etc. can't be from the U.S.

And that's not even mentioning the fact that a war between Russia and the US would more than likely involve nuclear weapons, and when that happens we're all fucked.

It's not war we need, It's the world showing Russia to calm their tits and preferably force them to bury Putin in a deep underground bunker.

Member Awards ()

#24 Manoka

Manoka
  • Internal Affairs: Writer
  • 6520 posts
  • Ruler Name:deadmanszpiper
  • Nation Name:Manoka
  • IRC Nick:Rawrmansz
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:23 PM

"if we let".

^ THIS

The sad reality is that we are like the world's police biggest contributor D:

Everyone always harps on us for having like 50% of the world's military spending and such and how evil that makes us but then fails to mention that this only means their contributions are meager. 

Member Awards ()

#25 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Ruler Name:Thrash
  • Nation Name:Machas
  • IRC Nick:Thrash[Invicta]
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:34 PM

"if we let".

^ THIS

Everyone always harps on us for having like 50% of the world's military spending and such and how evil that makes us but then fails to mention that this only means their contributions are meager. 

Because there's no fucking reason to be butting our face in other affairs. You call that meager, I call it wise.

gtfo neo-con

Member Awards ()

#26 King Biscuit

King Biscuit

Wanna see a dead body?

• President Emeritus
  • 6393 posts
  • Ruler Name:King Biscuit
  • Nation Name:Ovencia
  • IRC Nick:KingBeard
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:02 PM

Can we have WW3 already?

PLEASE!?

Lets just lose to Russia and China, and hand over the Big Dog title to someone else.

Member Awards ()

#27 *Anastasia

*Anastasia

— 孱弱新婦 —

• Governor General
  • 8427 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:02 PM

Good. Reinstate the rightful government and get rid of the fascist occupiers.

Member Awards ()

#28 the rebel

the rebel
  • Former Member
  • 1961 posts
  • Ruler Name:the rebel
  • Nation Name:rebellion
  • IRC Nick:TheRebel
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:31 PM

You mean to say that Russia have had troops all over the Crimean Peninsula since the fall of the Soviet Union? I was under the impression that the Crimean Peninsula was part of Ukraine, but maybe that was just an elaborate rouse.

For example, the US have military bases all around the world, but I doubt they consider all land hundreds of kilometers around them their own.

And I'm sure that the troops that where surrounding a Ukrainian military base earlier today where there because it was really their military base.

No, but the treaty they have with Ukraine means they already had 25k troops in Crimea, the troops that went securing installations were already there, they didn't invade from Russia.

Member Awards ()

#29 Svojtot

Svojtot
  • Former Member
  • 147 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:15 PM

You mean to say that Russia have had troops all over the Crimean Peninsula since the fall of the Soviet Union? I was under the impression that the Crimean Peninsula was part of Ukraine, but maybe that was just an elaborate rouse.

For example, the US have military bases all around the world, but I doubt they consider all land hundreds of kilometers around them their own.

And I'm sure that the troops that where surrounding a Ukrainian military base earlier today where there because it was really their military base.

No, but the treaty they have with Ukraine means they already had 25k troops in Crimea, the troops that went securing installations were already there, they didn't invade from Russia.

Yeah, they secured the hell out of that Ukrainian military base. And it became an invasion the moment they started taking control over installations that they weren't supposed to control.

And I'm pretty sure that treaty was for a naval base, not the entire Crimean Peninsula. 

Member Awards ()

#30 the rebel

the rebel
  • Former Member
  • 1961 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:19 PM

Yeah, they secured the hell out of that Ukrainian military base. And it became an invasion the moment they started taking control over installations that they weren't supposed to control.

And I'm pretty sure that treaty was for a naval base, not the entire Crimean Peninsula. 

The Crimean government asked Russia for help and they got it....

Member Awards ()

#31 Svojtot

Svojtot
  • Former Member
  • 147 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:36 PM

So let me present an example here (quite far fetched, but still roughly the same thing):

The native Americans, which in some tribes are recognized as domestic dependent nations by the us government. Say some of them

decided that they wanted to be completely self governed, get their own governments, military, the works. And they asked Canada, Russia or whoever

for help in doing this.

You would be totally fine with this then, because in essence, it's their land. And you know, they have the right for it.

Or Scotland decided they have had enough and wanted to split from the rest of England and go back to be a nation in their own right.

Or Wales, or a united Ireland, you would think that that was all good and proper?

As mentioned it's silly notion but you get the idea.

The Crimean Peninsula may be self governed, but they are still part of Ukraine, and as far as I've heard, the Ukrainian government hasn't been doing

any sort of horrible deeds to the population, I would have had no problem with Russia if all they would have done was secure their Naval base. But occupying

the entire Crimean Peninsula is going to far. And let's not forget, even if the majority of the population is Russian, not everyone is.

Member Awards ()

#32 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:37 PM

"if we let".

^ THIS

Because there's no fucking reason to be butting our face in other affairs. You call that meager, I call it wise.

gtfo neo-con

You don't call Russian invasion and hostile take over of other countries a reason?

Or perhaps giving Syria weapons as they slaughter hundreds of thousands of innocent people?

Even assuming that doesn't concern us, when Hitler invaded belgium and poland, he didn't stop. When Saddam invaded Kuwait, it wasn't over afterwords. 

When Stalin took over half of Germany, Japan was next. Ukraine provides no sensible or major economic value to Russia, so it's all more or less a struggle for power; these types don't tend to just stop when people let them roll over everybody, and they only build strength and momentum. 

Edited by Manoka, 02 March 2014 - 06:38 PM.

Member Awards ()

#33 the rebel

the rebel
  • Former Member
  • 1961 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:43 PM

So let me present an example here (quite far fetched, but still roughly the same thing):

The native Americans, which in some tribes are recognized as domestic dependent nations by the us government. Say some of them

decided that they wanted to be completely self governed, get their own governments, military, the works. And they asked Canada, Russia or whoever

for help in doing this.

You would be totally fine with this then, because in essence, it's their land. And you know, they have the right for it.

Or Scotland decided they have had enough and wanted to split from the rest of England and go back to be a nation in their own right.

Or Wales, or a united Ireland, you would think that that was all good and proper?

Anyone can ask anything till blue in the face, whether it happens or not is another story.

Scotland / Wales / N.Ireland are free to leave the Union, no one is holding them at gun point.

The Crimean Peninsula may be self governed, but they are still part of Ukraine, and as far as I've heard, the Ukrainian government hasn't been doing

any sort of horrible deeds to the population, I would have had no problem with Russia if all they would have done was secure their Naval base. But occupying

the entire Crimean Peninsula is going to far. And let's not forget, even if the majority of the population is Russian, not everyone is.

Regardless they still asked and Russia complied with the pretext of protecting the 60% Russian ethnic population in Crimea. Whether its right or wrong is meaningless since it isn't going to make Russia go "my bad, sorry"

Member Awards ()

#34 Svojtot

Svojtot
  • Former Member
  • 147 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:55 PM

Regardless they still asked and Russia complied with the pretext of protecting the 60% Russian ethnic population in Crimea. Whether its right or wrong is meaningless since it isn't going to make Russia go "my bad, sorry"

Russia isn't there to protect shit. They are jackasses that still think they should control all of the former Soviet Union.

This is like Israel "protecting" themselves by occupying all of Palestine all over again.

And the attitude that people are having about the illegal occupation of Crimea is horrible.

But nah sure: "It's fine if a country we trade shit with does it. I mean, we wouldn't want the trade to die out, that would harm our people

as well, not just the people they are invading."

But I've had enough of this, either you are the biggest troll I've meet on this forum or you have no empathy and morals.

Member Awards ()

#35 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:58 PM

I say, we invade Russia, send in special forces, to secretly set ablaze their vodka and potato plants. 

Then we'll see what happens. 

Member Awards ()

#36 Svojtot

Svojtot
  • Former Member
  • 147 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:02 PM

I say, we invade Russia, send in special forces, to secretly set ablaze their vodka and potato plants. 

+1

Also, we should secretly train their trained bears to attack truck and car tires, just because.

Member Awards ()

#37 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:09 PM

+1

Also, we should secretly train their trained bears to attack truck and car tires, just because.

FUCK. YES.

Putin will be like crapping his pants. xP

Just for spite, the bear should use an Ak-47. 

Edited by Manoka, 02 March 2014 - 07:15 PM.

Member Awards ()

#38 Daniel P

Daniel P

Can Grant Wishes

• Minister of Internal Affairs
  • 1715 posts
  • Ruler Name:Daniel Chrono
  • Nation Name:Neutrality Force
  • IRC Nick:DanielChrono[INVICTA]
  • Nation Link

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:50 AM

Look like China agrees with USSR Russia.

http://news.sky.com/...nt-over-ukraine

Member Awards ()

#39 King Biscuit

King Biscuit

Wanna see a dead body?

• President Emeritus
  • 6393 posts
  • Ruler Name:King Biscuit
  • Nation Name:Ovencia
  • IRC Nick:KingBeard
  • Nation Link

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:05 AM

Russia isn't there to protect shit. They are jackasses that still think they should control all of the former Soviet Union.

This is like Israel "protecting" themselves by occupying all of Palestine all over again.

And the attitude that people are having about the illegal occupation of Crimea is horrible.

But nah sure: "It's fine if a country we trade shit with does it. I mean, we wouldn't want the trade to die out, that would harm our people

But I've had enough of this, either you are the biggest troll I've meet on this forum or you have no empathy and morals.

Actually, Manoka is the biggest troll here. The Rebel just dares to think for himself. :D

Member Awards ()

#40 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:04 PM

Actually, Manoka is the biggest troll here. The Rebel just dares to think for himself. :D

Yep, that's how these people really think, sadly D:

Member Awards ()

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users