Manoka
  • Internal Affairs: Writer
  • 6520 posts
  • Ruler Name:deadmanszpiper
  • Nation Name:Manoka
  • IRC Nick:Rawrmansz
  • Nation Link

Posted 12 November 2016 - 03:15 AM

Is it possible to get PTSD from watching youtube videos? Because I feel like I've just got it in spades. That or super AID's (but, I can't, or at least, shouldn't be able to get aids through a video... or can I...? :puke: ). Like, obviously if you watch something horrific like a person getting their arms chopped off or dying like that, it can traumatize you, right? And what about actors in horror movies where it goes too far?

Did you know that in some horror movies, it's rumored they used real dead bodies or skeletons? It's pretty horrific and disgusting, but don't you think that the actors, could have gotten PTSD or, something similar from their trauma?

With the world of internet videos, you can watch videos over and over again of people dying on youtube if you feel like it, and stupid kids who eat that s**t up might be damaging their brains and halting their developments. Can watching something traumatic damage a kid, be it by desensitization or other wise? What about adults?

Even if it's fake, for instance like a horror movie, can it feel real enough to effect you? Obviously a bungee cord or ferris wheel or roller coaster is unlikely to kill you, but you still experience real terror on it; there's no reason to believe that movies or video games which, are verifiabley more immersive, couldn't invoke the same kind of terror and therefore the same long-lasting effects.

For instance, tell me what you think of this video, and tell me if you got PTSD from it. It's the very end that's the problem. Bear in mind, Patrice Wilson is a pedophile known for making the song Friday, and all the others you don't even want to KNOW about.

Member Awards ()

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users