Photo

High school fights?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: High school fights? (21 member(s) have cast votes)

How violent were you in high school?

1. I walked down the halls punching people left and right (2 votes [9.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

2. I started several fights (1 votes [4.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

3. I was attacked several times (1 votes [4.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

4. I've been in a few fights (5 votes [23.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.81%

5. I was only in one or two fights in high school (4 votes [19.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.05%

6. I've never been in a fight (8 votes [38.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.10%

How successful were you in your fights?

1. N/A, I've never been in a fight (9 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. I always kicked ass (4 votes [19.05%] - View)

3. I won most of my fights (4 votes [19.05%] - View)

4. I won some of my fights (2 votes [9.52%] - View)

5. I always got my ass kicked (2 votes [9.52%] - View)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 The Dark Empire

The Dark Empire

Lord James

• Peer
  • 3082 posts
  • Ruler Name:Lord James
  • Nation Name:The Dark Empire
  • IRC Nick:TheDarkEmpire
  • Alliance Name:Regnum Invictorum
  • Nation Link

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

I'm the only one who's made an extreme statement in here, and alas, I wasn't exaggerating.

People trained in the arts would tell you, that fighting becomes easier the more people you fight at once when its more than 3 as anymore and the rest become useless and get in each others way. It then just becomes a question of stamina.

That's true, up to a point. Actually in some ways fending off five idiots is easier than getting one idiot: all you have to do is pick the weak one, make an example, and usually two of the other idiots are too terrified to do anything but run away at that point.

Fighting a mob is a whole other story though. When you have to clear a whole city block it's not just a question of stamina. (Well it kinda was in my case. I curled up into a ball and waited for about fifteen minutes, while the ringleader pounded on my back. Eventually an adult stopped by and stopped them. It would have been nice if it'd been a teacher, but unfortunately, I didn't go to the kind of school where teachers stopped bullies.)

What even happened to you?

Member Awards ()

#22 Haflinger

Haflinger

Flipper

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 10259 posts
  • Ruler Name:Haflinger
  • Nation Name:Llonach
  • IRC Nick:Haflinger
  • Nation Link

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:17 AM

Well, after the Anonymous Responsible Adult (I never found out who he was, which is a pity, I would have liked to thank him) stopped them, I ran home.

Member Awards ()

#23 the rebel

the rebel
  • Former Member
  • 1961 posts
  • Ruler Name:the rebel
  • Nation Name:rebellion
  • IRC Nick:TheRebel
  • Nation Link

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

Well, after the Anonymous Responsible Adult (I never found out who he was, which is a pity, I would have liked to thank him) stopped them, I ran home.

So was this while at primary school and on your way home from primary school? Since one man stopped a mob of nearly a100 :P

Edited by the rebel, 22 May 2013 - 05:27 PM.

Member Awards ()

#24 Redezra

Redezra

~>:BAMF:<~

• Invicta: Knight
  • 7728 posts
  • Gender:Sentient artificial intelligence - identifies as female
  • Ruler Name:Redezra
  • Nation Name:Jorostopia
  • IRC Nick:Redezra
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:58 PM

But this one man had a tank. Battalion.

#25 Haflinger

Haflinger

Flipper

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 10259 posts
  • Ruler Name:Haflinger
  • Nation Name:Llonach
  • IRC Nick:Haflinger
  • Nation Link

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:55 PM

So was this while at primary school and on your way home from primary school? Since one man stopped a mob of nearly a100 :P

It was junior high. The kids in question were between the ages of about twelve and fifteen I guess. I was thirteen then I think. Him just being an adult gave him a certain amount of authority; they knew that if they attacked him it wasn't going to be just a question of getting teachers to keep quiet about it, it would have been a police matter.

There's no way the mob would have formed in the first place except that it had the tacit approval of a faction of the teachers in the school.

Member Awards ()

#26 Princess xR1

Princess xR1

Total Bitch

• Former Member
  • 1631 posts
  • Ruler Name:xR1 Fatal Instinct
  • Nation Name:Brotherhood of Steel
  • IRC Nick:xR1_Fatal_Instinct
  • Nation Link

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:23 AM

Technically, this poll doesn't have a defensive option~

For example, I've been in one fight, but all I really did was shut them down. Karate does that. 

Ok, spongebob.

I've earned a certain kind of respect where people know not to mess with me. I've been in fights before but sadly I enjoy them. I'm a little messed up that way.

bad-ass_o_135840.jpg

I lost a lot of fights before I was about ten or eleven years old. Then there was a year when I was in a private school, and magically did not come home covered in cuts and bruises each day. Then after that I went back to public school, and well: I didn't precisely start fights but I'm sorta pushy (heh) and I was a realllly skinny kid, so I got targeted a lot.

The last time I lost a fight was against 75-1 odds. After that nobody could get organized for better than 5-1, and I would win those. I was still skinny but when you have an hour or so of hand-to-hand combat training every single day of the week you get good at it. But there are drawbacks.

By the time I was in what Canadians call high school (ours starts at grade 10), I was tracking everyone around me subconsciously to make sure they weren't a potential threat. So yeah, I got tough, but it wasn't really that good for my social life.

tumblr_lhgqjrDC3Z1qgxftxo1_400.jpg

Who would of thought this topic would end up being full of chest thumping and exaggeration lol

lol right?

Really? A fight thread? With men? Not get exaggerated?

shut up, spongebob.

I'm the only one who's made an extreme statement in here, and alas, I wasn't exaggerating.

People trained in the arts would tell you, that fighting becomes easier the more people you fight at once when its more than 3 as anymore and the rest become useless and get in each others way. It then just becomes a question of stamina.

For my blackbelt test I had to fight two vs me for 5 mins as my final sparring requirement. When you fight multiple people you can hold them off as long as you never let one get behind you. It is all about footwork and timing.

28722598.jpg

For me (nothing exaggerated):

Freshman year - kid pissed me off and i punched him in the mouth and busted his lip open and he ran away. (theres a back story, but not really relevant)

Sophomore year - the highschool "gang" wanted to jump me, but it never happened and eventually blew over.. learned police and special forces defensive combat skills..

Junior year - nothing..

Senior year - got shredded. Kid in PE called me a pussy so I got in his face and told him to say it again. As expected he started putting people between me and him and saying he was just joking.

Later on in the year, another one of the hoodrats pissed me off in PE hockey. I was getting the ball we use out of an area it was stuck in and the kid kept pushing me while i was trying to get it out. So I lost my temper, turned around grabbed him by the neck and threw him into another kid. I then nonchalantly got the ball out from where it was stuck turned around and he wanted to fight me. So I got in his face while he was (to the best of my ability to describe) moving his fists up and down acting like he was an mma fighter. That subsequently made me laugh because I had an open line to his entire face and all of the self defense training I did with my uncle was coming back to me. But the PE teacher ended up breaking it up and I didn't see any value rehashing this later so I told him I was cool if he was cool and we went our separate ways.

EDIT: If you don't think that throwing the kid by his neck isn't exaggerated, I have serious anger issues. One year ago, probably almost exact, I got so pissed off that I punched a concrete floor (I was checking my laptop on the ground) as hard as I could and broke my hand. (didn't punch the ground due to checking my laptop -- was RL events prior to that)

EDITEDIT: Dont take anything I've said in this post too seriously. I like screwing with you guys and this thread gave me the perfect opportunity.

Member Awards ()

#27 Imperial Sparta

Imperial Sparta

God of War

• President Emeritus
  • 910 posts
  • Ruler Name:Psych21
  • Nation Name:Imperial Sparta
  • IRC Nick:Imperial_Sparta
  • Nation Link

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:08 AM

Up until middle school, I was a mean little shit. But I was good at playing the innocent card, so I never got in trouble for picking on people. Then everyone outgrew me for a while and I became the one getting targeted. It didn't help that I didn't do anything about it throughout middle school, so I made for an easy target. By the time I got into high school, I started to fight back. I won most of them, primarily because they were shocked I was actually fighting back. Others I lost because of size and number differences. It may be a little stereotypical, but certain people who can't get tans that were from my high school didn't like fighting one on one and would rather start off fighting you alone until they have you distracted and then have all of their friends jump in and blindside you from behind. And they like to use knives and other sharp objects too. Those are never fun. I'll give them points for teamwork though.

Imperial Sparta

#28 The Dark Empire

The Dark Empire

Lord James

• Peer
  • 3082 posts
  • Ruler Name:Lord James
  • Nation Name:The Dark Empire
  • IRC Nick:TheDarkEmpire
  • Alliance Name:Regnum Invictorum
  • Nation Link

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:49 AM

Technically, this poll doesn't have a defensive option~

For example, I've been in one fight, but all I really did was shut them down. Karate does that. 

Ok, spongebob.

>I've earned a certain kind of respect where people know not to mess with me. I've been in fights before but sadly I enjoy them. I'm a little messed up that way.

bad-ass_o_135840.jpg

I lost a lot of fights before I was about ten or eleven years old. Then there was a year when I was in a private school, and magically did not come home covered in cuts and bruises each day. Then after that I went back to public school, and well: I didn't precisely start fights but I'm sorta pushy (heh) and I was a realllly skinny kid, so I got targeted a lot.

The last time I lost a fight was against 75-1 odds. After that nobody could get organized for better than 5-1, and I would win those. I was still skinny but when you have an hour or so of hand-to-hand combat training every single day of the week you get good at it. But there are drawbacks.

By the time I was in what Canadians call high school (ours starts at grade 10), I was tracking everyone around me subconsciously to make sure they weren't a potential threat. So yeah, I got tough, but it wasn't really that good for my social life.

tumblr_lhgqjrDC3Z1qgxftxo1_400.jpg

Who would of thought this topic would end up being full of chest thumping and exaggeration lol

lol right?

Really? A fight thread? With men? Not get exaggerated?

shut up, spongebob.

For my blackbelt test I had to fight two vs me for 5 mins as my final sparring requirement. When you fight multiple people you can hold them off as long as you never let one get behind you. It is all about footwork and timing.

28722598.jpg

For me (nothing exaggerated):

Freshman year - kid pissed me off and i punched him in the mouth and busted his lip open and he ran away. (theres a back story, but not really relevant)

Sophomore year - the highschool "gang" wanted to jump me, but it never happened and eventually blew over.. learned police and special forces defensive combat skills..

Junior year - nothing..

Senior year - got shredded. Kid in PE called me a pussy so I got in his face and told him to say it again. As expected he started putting people between me and him and saying he was just joking.

Later on in the year, another one of the hoodrats pissed me off in PE hockey. I was getting the ball we use out of an area it was stuck in and the kid kept pushing me while i was trying to get it out. So I lost my temper, turned around grabbed him by the neck and threw him into another kid. I then nonchalantly got the ball out from where it was stuck turned around and he wanted to fight me. So I got in his face while he was (to the best of my ability to describe) moving his fists up and down acting like he was an mma fighter. That subsequently made me laugh because I had an open line to his entire face and all of the self defense training I did with my uncle was coming back to me. But the PE teacher ended up breaking it up and I didn't see any value rehashing this later so I told him I was cool if he was cool and we went our separate ways.

EDIT: If you don't think that throwing the kid by his neck isn't exaggerated, I have serious anger issues. One year ago, probably almost exact, I got so pissed off that I punched a concrete floor (I was checking my laptop on the ground) as hard as I could and broke my hand. (didn't punch the ground due to checking my laptop -- was RL events prior to that)

EDITEDIT: Dont take anything I've said in this post too seriously. I like screwing with you guys and this thread gave me the perfect opportunity.

No offense taken I though the pics were funny

Member Awards ()

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users