Photo

Six great super powers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

Poll: Six great super powers (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Which super power would you want?

1. Arm longer (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Fire from Finger tips (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Never having to sleep (2 votes [22.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

4. Never having to eat (1 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

5. Eternal Youth (4 votes [44.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

6. Limited Telekenesis (2 votes [22.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

More supah powahsz?!

1. Suprah Strength (2 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. Perfect Balance (1 votes [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. High I.Q. (1 votes [12.50%] - View)

4. Limited Invulnerability (1 votes [12.50%] - View)

5. Limited Shapeshifting (2 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

6. Super senses (1 votes [12.50%] - View)

Vote

#1 Manoka

Manoka
  • Internal Affairs: Writer
  • 6520 posts
  • Ruler Name:deadmanszpiper
  • Nation Name:Manoka
  • IRC Nick:Rawrmansz
  • Nation Link

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

Which of the four six 10 12 great, but limited, powers would you want, below!

Arm longer!

Fairly simple, you arms and stuff can stretch 6 times longer; including your fingers and stuff, proportionally or not. Thus, you can make you arm 6  times longer, in a lot of weird bendy ways; also, it would be sort of stretchy and rubbery, but only to a certain degree, like 30-60 degrees or so. You can also sprout two extra arms if you need to.

Fire from your fingertips

Fairly straightforward, you can produce a lighter sized flame from your finger tips. I guess it burns a lot of calories but it's relatively easy to do. Thus, you can start fires! You still need oxygen, though.

Never having to sleep

Imo one of the best, also fairly straight forward. You never have to sleep and you never get sleepy, but you do get tired every now and then. It's not unlimited endurance but your nervous system and body are constantly healing, thus not requiring sleep. Your metabolism is also adjusted to be slightly more efficient, to allow more hours during the day without the need for more food.

Never having to eat

Just magic, you never have to eat, to survive. You consequently never go to the bathroom, either. You still shed skin cells and grow hair but your mass is magically replaced, possibly by stuff from another dimension or the air. 

Eternal Youth

The ability to have youth forever. You live to about 75-100, but you never age much past 28-40. You are always in a prime age, and you generally don't contract diseases or get sick or tired easily. However, you are still vulnerable to diseases, basic injuries, and other such things; you rarely have allergies or get colds, however, but a particularly virulent flu strain might get you. You can choose your ideal age as well; that being said, you have to exercise to be strong, eat right to be fit etc., although you are always somewhat fit. You never suffer from arthritis, Alzheimer, or other issues of aging, even heartburn.

Limited Telekinesis

Telekinesis allowing you to lift objects up to 3 pounds, although with strenuous effort. You can typically move around 8 oz to a pound with relative ease, and can manipulate them however you want about 6-8 feet away from your body. The heavier the object, the harder you have to strain, coupled with the distance away from your body, until you exponentially run out of strength.

Suprah Strength

Not exactly amazing but double the strength of what you would normally be. Thus if you could lift 200 pounds, you could instead lift 400. You have a marginal increase in running speed and jumping height as well, but only about the square root of 2; or 1.4 or so. This applies all over your body, to your fingers, toes, and everything else. If you exercise, get stronger, than the magnified strength increases as well; thus if you end up being able to bench press 400 pounds, you'd be able to do 800 etc.

Perfect Balance

Your balance is near perfect; you may not have the agility of an Olympian, or the skill, but you could balance on a single toe or finger on the end of an ultra thin beam, 1000 feet above teh ground, with no worries. Perfect inner ear and magnetic detection, thus always letting you know which way is up, and which way is north.You also lose a fear of heights, and it's almost impossible to accidentally fall off of things, trip, or other such things. If you practiced to become a gymnast, it would basically come naturally to you, although not the athleticism.

High I.Q.

For what it's worth, you have an I.Q. of about 300. Fairly superhuman but not outside the realms of possibility. Whatever that grants you, you've got. Increased intelligence, learning capacity, maybe fame. You are in general fairly intelligent, but you don't have infinite knowledge.

limited Invulnerability

Your body has the strength of aluminum, pretty much all over. The harder parts of your body, such as bone, are bumped up to a little better than steel, but aren't any more dense. Thus you have roughly the same strength as nanocellulose, on average, or are 8 times stronger than steel, in terms of weight. If hit by something, it would take the damage like aluminum. You still feel pain and stuff, though.

Limited Shapeshifting

You have the ability to change your hair color, eye color, skin color, and general body shape. You can look like an average person, but looking like a celebrity would be hard unless you were within 10 feet of them or really memorized their appearance. You couldn't look super hawt or make your... privates much larger than 7.5 inches, unless you really focused. If you weren't super buff or fit, it would be hard to look that way for longer than a few minutes. However depending on how you look you can look like a general, or average person, even changing gender. You can also shapeshift your clothes and change your voice.

Super Senses

10 times better vision, the night vision of a cat, and a million times better smelling, as good as a dog's. You can hear from 1 Hz to 150,000 hz, and you also have approximately 10 times the hearing of an ordinary human. You don't get damage from overly bright or loud noises, or get overly repulsed by overly strong smells. Your sense of taste is also impeccable, a million times greater than a human, but not to where tastes are overpowering. You have a limited form of echo location, since your hearing is so perfect you can pin point noises around you. You can, as close as 10-20 feet, hear heart beats and lungs pulsing. Your brain has 3 times the operating capacity, and thus can take in all this info without much issue. You can also detect vibrations in the ground, like earthquakes, or hear the talking of elephants and mice (vibrating through the ground). You can also sense thermal or infrared vision with an intelligible organ right below your eye.

Edited by Manoka, 10 April 2013 - 03:08 PM.

Member Awards ()

#2 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

I guess never having to sleep; If I never got tired, there'd be an endless amount of things I can do!

I guess that fits my personality a lot lol xD

MORE HOURS IN THE DAY?!

Yes plz.

Member Awards ()

#3 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

The Invictan Formerly Known as Jorost

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Gender:Household pet that walked across the keyboard - male
  • Ruler Name:Jorost
  • Nation Name:Invicta Crownlands
  • IRC Nick:Jorost
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

Your description of limited telekinesis would be sufficient to allow you to psionically pinch off the carotid artery of anyone in range and murder with impunity.

Member Awards ()

#4 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

For the most part, if you could find people's arteries. xP

Idk if you could get through the skin, but you could pick up a knife or pull the trigger on a gun.

Edited by Manoka, 10 April 2013 - 03:04 PM.

Member Awards ()

#5 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

I had some more cool ideas but idk if to add them or not etc.

I guess you could have any 1 of the two powers, as well.

Herm...

Member Awards ()

#6 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

Low intellect mind control, like bugs, maybe up to bees.

Low level telepathy, tell certain things, when touching someone, idk

Ability to control all bodily functions

Can mimic any action they see, that they're capable of

Flight, from wings? (kind of OP)

Make illusions?

Adequate functions in bed

lol Money

Interface with computer, download data

See and sense entire electromagnetic spectrum

Extendable legs

pssft idk

Edited by Manoka, 10 April 2013 - 03:51 PM.

Member Awards ()

#7 Redezra

Redezra

~>:BAMF:<~

• Invicta: Knight
  • 7728 posts
  • Gender:Sentient artificial intelligence - identifies as female
  • Ruler Name:Redezra
  • Nation Name:Jorostopia
  • IRC Nick:Redezra
  • Nation Link

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

Your description of limited telekinesis would be sufficient to allow you to psionically pinch off the carotid artery of anyone in range and murder with impunity.

I want this power O.O

#8 Haflinger

Haflinger

Flipper

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 10259 posts
  • Ruler Name:Haflinger
  • Nation Name:Llonach
  • IRC Nick:Haflinger
  • Nation Link

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

I probably spend more hours in the day eating than sleeping. Also never having to eat would cut down greatly on my time spent cooking and cleaning. That's all great. I'm going with that one for sure. Sleeping is sorta nice anyway. Eating can be fun but when you just have to keep on doing it it does become a bit tedious.

Enhanced senses means more stuff to think about. Also it means not having to need glasses anymore. Definitely a plus.

Member Awards ()

#9 Arikus

Arikus

xR1's Sex Slave

• Internal Affairs: Recruiter
  • 422 posts
  • Ruler Name:Arikus
  • Nation Name:Arikaan
  • IRC Nick:Arikus
  • Nation Link

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

So I definately picked limited telekenesis, although its not for murdering people (thats a nice plus tho!!) but purely because I'm super lazy.

And I picked shapeshifting because it would be interesting and I wouldn't do much with the other stuffs.

Speaking of which, never sleeping would get really wierd in my opinion. You would be alone for like 1/3 of your life and you would always be doing something.

Member Awards ()

#10 Redezra

Redezra

• 7728 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

Never sleeping would me amazing

You'd never be alone~ it's morning somewhere in the world~

#11 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

The Invictan Formerly Known as Jorost

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Gender:Household pet that walked across the keyboard - male
  • Ruler Name:Jorost
  • Nation Name:Invicta Crownlands
  • IRC Nick:Jorost
  • Nation Link

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

In real life I would probably choose telepathy and hone it until I could move people around like pawns and burn out people's brains at will.  This would also translate into functional immortality, as you could theoretically transfer your consciousness into a new "host" body when your own was close to death.  Of course with my luck I'd gain vast telepathic powers and be attacked by an army of robots.

I like sleeping, I don't think I'd want to give it up.  Same with eating.

Member Awards ()

#12 Redezra

Redezra

• 7728 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

Awww :3

#13 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

In real life I would probably choose telepathy and hone it until I could move people around like pawns and burn out people's brains at will.  This would also translate into functional immortality, as you could theoretically transfer your consciousness into a new "host" body when your own was close to death.  Of course with my luck I'd gain vast telepathic powers and be attacked by an army of robots.

I like sleeping, I don't think I'd want to give it up.  Same with eating.

The problem is that telepathy wouldn't be this advanced. You also couldn't burn out people's brains or transfer your conscious since it would just be reading thoughts.

And maybe not even full thoughts. I mean just reading thoughts would be cool, but that's about it, you can hear or think what other people are thinking; maybe see pictures, idk.

Telepathy also doesn't give mind control, and idk if you could send thoughts, maybe you could, idk, but they'd probs sense it was you or something.

Edited by Manoka, 10 April 2013 - 09:34 PM.

Member Awards ()

#14 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

I wish I didn't have to sleep, that would be a great power; that mixed with eternal youth would be the bomb.

If I never had to sleep I could work like, three jobs, never get tired, it would be great!

I could go home, work on stuff, and do a full day's work, and have 8 hours off.

I could party all night and work all day no consequences.

It's just so useful.

I want telekinesis/fing longer for the ability to pick stuff up that's far away, which is a huge problem, but if I never had to sleep/got tired on a regular basis, I wouldn't mind reaching for stuff, probably.

Member Awards ()

#15 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

I probably spend more hours in the day eating than sleeping. Also never having to eat would cut down greatly on my time spent cooking and cleaning. That's all great. I'm going with that one for sure. Sleeping is sorta nice anyway. Eating can be fun but when you just have to keep on doing it it does become a bit tedious.

Enhanced senses means more stuff to think about. Also it means not having to need glasses anymore. Definitely a plus.

My thoughts exactly, cause I wear glasses and it would be so cool to have like super vision and stuff.

All I'd need is senses, eternal youth, and not having to sleep and I'd be set. Super strength and invulnerability would be nice, for physical stuff.

Eternal youth and not having sleep would be awesome! xP

Edited by Manoka, 10 April 2013 - 09:40 PM.

Member Awards ()

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users