• 16192 posts
  • Gender:Household pet that walked across the keyboard - male
  • Ruler Name:Jorost
  • Nation Name:Invicta Crownlands
  • IRC Nick:Jorost
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:34 AM

In a three-way race with Trump, my guess is that the Democratic nominee would get about 50% of the popular vote, Trump 30%, and the Republican nominee 20%. Electorally it would be a Democratic landslide.

Trump getting 30%? That sounds pretty ludicrous. Then again, that wouldn't surprise me given the US electorate.

Ross Perot got 20%, and he didn't have nearly the name recognition and popularity of Trump. He is currently at around 40% in general election polls.

If Donald Trump's candidacy marks the end of the two-party hegemony, it will be worth it.

Member Awards ()

#142 Australia

Australia
  • Foreign Diplomat
  • 60 posts
  • Ruler Name:Wu Ming
  • Nation Name:Austrailia
  • Nation Link

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:29 PM

In a three-way race with Trump, my guess is that the Democratic nominee would get about 50% of the popular vote, Trump 30%, and the Republican nominee 20%. Electorally it would be a Democratic landslide.

Trump getting 30%? That sounds pretty ludicrous. Then again, that wouldn't surprise me given the US electorate.

Ross Perot got 20%, and he didn't have nearly the name recognition and popularity of Trump. He is currently at around 40% in general election polls.

If Donald Trump's candidacy marks the end of the two-party hegemony, it will be worth it.

I wasn't around for ross perot's campaign but he's always seemed like a pretty smart dude. I have failed to see Trump say anything substantial policy wise. Ross Perot was a more successful businessman as well.

#143 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

The Invictan Formerly Known as Jorost

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:13 PM

And Trump's not a successful businessman? Since when is it about being able to say something substantial policy-wise? You haven't been paying attention, my friend. American elections are about emotions. Trump — and Sanders — have tapped into something. I bet The Donald dominates tonight.

Member Awards ()

#144 Allant

Allant
  • Former Member
  • 207 posts
  • Ruler Name:Allant I
  • Nation Name:Paxico
  • Alliance Name:The Legion
  • Nation Link

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:53 AM

I was dead-set on having nothing to do with the election till 2 months before voting day because 1) Our elections are absurdly long and exhausting. 2) Candidates could likely kill and eat someone on live t.v. right now and no one would remember it come election day. We are such a short term memory society.

Then Trump came along

It is just so damn hilarious to watch his "fuck you" attitude to everything, I cant resist! 

#145 Manoka

Manoka
  • Internal Affairs: Writer
  • 6520 posts
  • Ruler Name:deadmanszpiper
  • Nation Name:Manoka
  • IRC Nick:Rawrmansz
  • Nation Link

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:58 PM

And Trump's not a successful businessman? Since when is it about being able to say something substantial policy-wise? You haven't been paying attention, my friend. American elections are about emotions. Trump — and Sanders — have tapped into something. I bet The Donald dominates tonight.

Mostly emotion's of hate, even most Republican candidates hate him, especially Jeb Bush.

Member Awards ()

#146 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 08 August 2015 - 06:05 PM

Republican candidates usually hate each other. Read about how the 2012 field got along.

Trump's performance at the debate, and the aftermath, does not appear to have affected his standing in the polls yet.

Member Awards ()

#147 Redezra

Redezra

~>:BAMF:<~

• Invicta: Knight
  • 7728 posts
  • Gender:Sentient artificial intelligence - identifies as female
  • Ruler Name:Redezra
  • Nation Name:Jorostopia
  • IRC Nick:Redezra
  • Nation Link

Posted 08 August 2015 - 09:26 PM

Which is hillarious

#148 Justavictim82

Justavictim82

Better than you

• Peer
  • 2233 posts
  • Ruler Name:justavictim82
  • Nation Name:AllaboutthePentiums
  • IRC Nick:Justavictim82[Invicta]
  • Alliance Name:Horse love
  • Nation Link

Posted 28 August 2015 - 06:44 AM

trump%20for%20nagus_zpslz03oaf0.jpg

Member Awards ()

#149 HordeLorde

HordeLorde

Precisely

• Former Member
  • 843 posts
  • Ruler Name:HordeLorde
  • Nation Name:Kamigawa
  • IRC Nick:HordeLorde
  • Nation Link

Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:14 PM

now introducing trumppool

https://youtu.be/hGp7fe1ZlTQ

Edited by HordeLorde, 28 August 2015 - 03:14 PM.

#150 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 September 2015 - 03:38 PM

I'm very interested in Trump's signing of the Republican pledge not to run as an independent. It's not legally binding, of course, but it would still look bad to break it. You wouldn't think an aspiring third-party candidate would want to start off with a negative like that. But who knows? Maybe Trump could find a way to weasel out of it and place the blame on someone else. Or maybe he seriously thinks he is going to get the Republican nomination. It is very difficult to tell how much is real and how much is theater with Trump.

What is undeniable is that he is popular, especially with a certain nativist base. It is simply impossible to deny that he has a realistic shot at the GOP nomination, at least on paper, at this stage. But we must remember that it is still very, very early. At this point in the 2004 cycle (i.e. Fall 2003) Howard Dean was the hot property. It's still the silly season. I continue to believe that Jeb Bush (yawn) will be the eventual Republican nominee. But, like Hillary Clinton on the other side, he is no longer "inevitable."

I am not 100% sure what Donald Trump is up to. Does he really believe all the things he says, or is he playing a character? Does he really think he can be president, or is this whole thing a self-promoting ego trip? Is there a plan to bow out while still saving face?

Talk about blurring the line between entertainment and politics.

Member Awards ()

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users