#22 slimshadyinc

slimshadyinc
  • Former Member
  • 503 posts
  • Ruler Name:slimshadyinc
  • Nation Name:United Freedom State
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 October 2015 - 05:59 PM

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: popcorn all around!

Member Awards ()

#23 Manoka

Manoka
  • Internal Affairs: Writer
  • 6520 posts
  • Ruler Name:deadmanszpiper
  • Nation Name:Manoka
  • IRC Nick:Rawrmansz
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 October 2015 - 06:09 PM

Popcorn anyone?

Actually, I don't like popcorn. Emo_zpsspxl6m7c.gif

Member Awards ()

#24 KiWi

KiWi

To Be Or Not To be, Just Pick One!

• Admin: Assistant Webmaster
  • 6060 posts
  • Ruler Name:King William
  • Nation Name:Royal Nine
  • IRC Nick:KingWilliam
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 October 2015 - 10:40 PM

Popcorn anyone?

I just can't be bothered.

As an aside; I generally come off, or rather, start conversations with the vast majority of people in a "PC" manner, and only when I'm annoyed or am being more fluid (honest) with my words will I really be non-politically correct.

Spoiler

Member Awards ()

#25 the rebel

the rebel
  • Former Member
  • 1961 posts
  • Ruler Name:the rebel
  • Nation Name:rebellion
  • IRC Nick:TheRebel
  • Nation Link

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:14 AM

The clown in all his wisdom has spoken again. People who mainly die from drugs are the users is the same as people taking their guns and killing other people.

Maybe more people do die from drugs than guns, but that is a self inflicted cause of death. Someone being a victim of a gun shooting isn't a self inflicted death.

So non comparable.

Next on the news; but more people die from infections than guns so its the bigger issue.
s2bl0.jpg

Member Awards ()

#26 Lord Draculea

Lord Draculea
  • Former Member
  • 1087 posts
  • Ruler Name:Lord Draculea
  • Nation Name:Romania
  • IRC Nick:LordDraculea
  • Nation Link

Posted 05 October 2015 - 04:54 AM

Popcorn, the rebel? Slimshadyinc has brought plenty for all.

#27 the rebel

the rebel
  • Former Member
  • 1961 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 05 October 2015 - 05:15 AM

Popcorn, the rebel? Slimshadyinc has brought plenty for all.

Don't mind if I do, will add it to my supply of popcorn that I bring to debates :P

Member Awards ()

#28 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 05 October 2015 - 07:51 AM

Except for all the car accidents caused by taking drugs, that kill other people, right? Or people who go crazy and kill others, right? Not like there's an association with violent crime and drugs, or anything

And it's okay for corporations to sell addictive poison, but a gun well, that's just pushing the line! 

Which assumes in the very first place that, despite the hundreds of millions of guns already in circulations new gun laws will get rid of the problem, that no other weapon could possibly be used (such as explosives, which I've shown kill 20 times as many people as mass shootings in SINGLE attacks), or that you couldn't kill someone else with another type of weapon. 

And even that gun control would work at any level. 

The anti-government guy wants us to hand over all our guns to the government.

Yeah no, seems legit. What are you a Russian FSB internet troll or something? I don't even. I mean it fits given how much you support Russia even though it's plain as day how evil they are... 

Member Awards ()

#29 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 05 October 2015 - 07:54 AM

Also, any asshole who posts pictures of dead kids is a pyschopathic asshole. No literally. 

If I started posting pictures of kids killed by vaccinations, would you want to get rid of vaccinations? Uh, no, because vaccinations do more good than harm. 

I think guns do more good than harm, so what do you think posting a picture of a dead kid would do?

You act as if it's a substitute for logic or facts. 

All it comes down to is that you lack empathy and have a unnatural affiliation for dead people. That you feel nothing to just casually drop this shit in the middle of a conversation. 

I mean, if I started posting pictures of aborted fetus's, would you suddenly turn against Abortions? No, it would just be disturbing. So fuck you. 

Member Awards ()

#30 the rebel

the rebel
  • Former Member
  • 1961 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:00 AM

The class clown first started talking about illegal drugs and then posts a downloadable PDF which stats are predominantly made up from the use of alcohol and/or drugs. Drug abusers end up dead sooner or later and most drugs don't turn you into a stone cold killer either. Stop being melodramatic like a drama queen.

Your only argument is other things kill people so why target guns and its been answered by many people on this forum, but you dismiss it time and time again, always deflecting to irrelevant shit.

What is relevant is the most popular and common method used in mass murders, when it becomes meth heads with knifes, spoons and forks killing dozens. Then you can talk about that, till then its guns. Stop deflecting.

Also what does supporting gun control got to do with Russians and trolling? Oh wait I know nothing just the class clown deflecting from the issue with irrelevance. :)

Member Awards ()

#31 α—…α—Ία—·α—…

α—…α—Ία—·α—…

The Invictan Formerly Known as Jorost

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Gender:Household pet that walked across the keyboard - male
  • Ruler Name:Jorost
  • Nation Name:Invicta Crownlands
  • IRC Nick:Jorost
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:18 AM

Lordy.

I didn't post this thread to get into another gun debate/flame war. More to lament another tragedy and talk about whatever it is about American culture that thinks these kinds of things are okay. Because as much as we say it bothers us, it obviously doesn't bother us enough or something would have been done. Anything. Just TRY something. You say tougher gun laws won't work? They seem to be effective in some states. Let's at least try it and see. Because what we've been doing up to now obviously isn't working.

Member Awards ()

#32 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:34 AM

Lordy.

I didn't post this thread to get into another gun debate/flame war. More to lament another tragedy and talk about whatever it is about American culture that thinks these kinds of things are okay. Because as much as we say it bothers us, it obviously doesn't bother us enough or something would have been done. Anything. Just TRY something. You say tougher gun laws won't work? Let's try and find out. Because what we've been doing up to now obviously isn't working.

It depends on what you mean by "hasn't worked", since violent crime, and specifically violent crime with guns, has been going down for two decades. In 1993, there were 1,222,701 violent crimes with firearms, in 2011 there were 414,562. That's about 3 times less in 20 years, so, violent crime is falling. We had 24,530 murders in 1993, but only 14,249 in 2014, which is a 40% drop, nearly cut in half. 

I'm not arguing do nothing, I've argued focus on psychological issues, medical health, focus on the person, even to arm and train the average person. The simple response is that my opinion is to focus on people, and to prepare for events. Rather than try to control the whole world to my liking, which isn't even possible to do, I will try to prepare myself and other for an event. In addition, I'll try to stop the problem at it's core. 

Nothing stops a murderer from using alternative methods, such as explosives or knives, which at least I've hopefully demonstrated that bombing attacks can do more damage than all the mass shootings combined so, if someone gets it in their head to blow up the Chrysler building, the Twin towers, there's no way that removing a single tool, be it a crossbow, bow and arrow, knife, sword, axe, gun, bomb etc. will stop them. There's more than 1000 ways to die you know, in fact there's an infinite number of ways. We have to get at the core of what these people are thinking. Does that mean mandatory psychological checks for everyone in America? Does it mean mandatory EMT training so that way we can control the damage from potential attacks? Does it mean passing out guns and body armor, on top of training? It really depends.

The assault weapon's ban was already present in this country between 1994 and 2004, and it didn't lower murders or stop mass attacks at all. 

We can't just do something and hope it works. Our response might do more damage than it helps, or it might consume huge resources without helping anyone. The idea that we should simply do "something" and not care what this is rather ridiculous. By that same token, we could argue legalizing machine guns or rocket launchers could be the solution, after all, we haven't tried doing that in the last 70 years. It's just a horrible idea to not think about what you're doing.

Member Awards ()

#33 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:45 AM

The class clown first started talking about illegal drugs and then posts a downloadable PDF which stats are predominantly made up from the use of alcohol and/or drugs. Drug abusers end up dead sooner or later and most drugs don't turn you into a stone cold killer either. Stop being melodramatic like a drama queen.

Your only argument is other things kill people so why target guns and its been answered by many people on this forum, but you dismiss it time and time again, always deflecting to irrelevant shit.

What is relevant is the most popular and common method used in mass murders, when it becomes meth heads with knifes, spoons and forks killing dozens. Then you can talk about that, till then its guns. Stop deflecting.

Also what does supporting gun control got to do with Russians and trolling? Oh wait I know nothing just the class clown deflecting from the issue with irrelevance. :)

What does it matter if it's by alcohol? If you support alcohol completely recreation even though you know it kills people, why would you ban something that could potentially be used in self defense? That kills less people?

And no, you've never mentioned why you think guns should be banned over other things that kill innocent people in larger amounts. 

The total casualties of guns in mass shootings is less than other means, such as say, explosives. 

There have been approximately 78 shootings from 1983-2012. (Page 11). In these, 547 died, and 1023 were casualties, total. That comes down to about 18 deaths per year, or 34 casualties. Comparatively, more people are struck and killed by lightning, about 40-50 are killed and 500 are struck, in the U.S. You're more likely to win the lottery. 

The Oklahoma city bombing killed and injured nearly 680 people, which is about 2/3rds of all the shootings in the last 30 years, in a single attack. The 9/11 attacks killed and injured 6000 people, which is about 6 times more than that of all the mass shootings combined. Those guys used box cutters. You can buy solid ammonium nitrate, which is an explosive in and of itself, as fertilizer. Acetone peroxide can be made just by mixing two chemicals together, no bunson burners or anything. Hydrogen peroxide is like ammonium nitrate in this respect. You can't really ban these things, and they kill more people. So, focusing on the weapon won't stop the act, since someone can make a weapon from household chemicals. All you can do is try to stop the person. 

Member Awards ()

#34 the rebel

the rebel
  • Former Member
  • 1961 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:29 PM

Since when is gun control banning full stop, I could go out tomorrow in good old England and apply for a firearms licence if I so wished. You're at it again drama queen.

When you can debate in good faith and not like a child going "but but but" I will buy you a lollipop.

Member Awards ()

#35 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:31 PM

Since when is gun control banning full stop, I could go out tomorrow in good old England and apply for a firearms licence if I so wished. You're at it again drama queen.

When you can debate in good faith and not like a child going "but but but" I will buy you a lollipop.

wat. 

When did I even mention the level of firearms control?

I never once said all gun control is completely taking away firearms. 

You just love strawmans, don't you? xP

Member Awards ()

#36 the rebel

the rebel
  • Former Member
  • 1961 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:35 PM

Let's at least try it and see. Because what we've been doing up to now obviously isn't working.

Well according to numb nuts, no need in trying as lightening kills more than guns, with idiotic irrelevant arguments like that. Who needs to debate as know it all who knows fuck all Manoka speaks gospel.

Well let's hope non of his family ever get gunned down, maybe the retard would then understand guns do not make you safer, only fool you into a false sense of security.

Member Awards ()

#37 the rebel

the rebel
  • Former Member
  • 1961 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:37 PM

wat.

You said in the previous post I was all for banning guns, which is categorically false, I will add a blantant liar to your long list of negative personality traits and unable to read and follow a conversation as well.

Member Awards ()

#38 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:42 PM

Let's at least try it and see. Because what we've been doing up to now obviously isn't working.

Well according to numb nuts, no need in trying as lightening kills more than guns, with idiotic irrelevant arguments like that. Who needs to debate as know it all who knows fuck all Manoka speaks gospel.

Well let's hope non of his family ever get gunned down, maybe the retard would then understand guns do not make you safer, only fool you into a false sense of security.

You're not going to advocate putting lightning rods on everyone's houses or banning people from being allowed to go out during thunder storms, yes?

But it would save more lives if you did, yes? And what's the reason for that?

That's assuming gun control would even work to stop these events. Things such as explosives kill far more, if they used explosives instead of guns ,would that be better?

Member Awards ()

#39 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:43 PM

wat.

You said in the previous post I was all for banning guns, which is categorically false, I will add a blantant liar to your long list of negative personality traits and unable to read and follow a conversation as well.

I never once said that, could you quote it?

I said you wanted us to hand over our guns to the government. I'm just saying. 

I have no problem with things like background checks, which are already the law, disallowing felons to own guns etc., but much of the gun control laws recommended are crap, such as the assault weapon's, or making already mandatory background checks, mandatory.

Member Awards ()

#40 the rebel

the rebel
  • Former Member
  • 1961 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:53 PM

As an electrical design and build technician, earthing rods aren't required on normal houses and only required on large buildings and even then they are only used to stop damage to the building and/or electrical supply.

So instead of silly excuses why don't you tell us all why you're against gun restrictions and a proper answer non of this changing the subject away from guns.

Member Awards ()

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users