Manoka
  • Internal Affairs: Writer
  • 6520 posts
  • Ruler Name:deadmanszpiper
  • Nation Name:Manoka
  • IRC Nick:Rawrmansz
  • Nation Link

Posted 19 October 2015 - 04:28 PM

WebMD says no one ever overdosed on THC, in fact it is non toxic.
All smoke is bad and potentially lethal, but you can consume THC infused grain alcohol till you pass out then have someone give you more while you're unconscious.

No-one has ever overdosed from Cannibis, but there are THC concentrated medicines that people have overdosed on, although I believe they were also sick, which is probably why they died. Over doses are usually non-fatal in marijuana. [1]

The estimated lethal dose of intravenous dronabinol in humans is 30 mg/kg meaning lethality is unlikely. However, in a 170 pound adult male, or 77 kilos, that's 2.3 grams, which is less than a penny. That's the equivalent of about 6 cups of coffee worth of caffeine. It is objectively more lethal than many other drugs, but it's still relatively safe. 

Member Awards ()

#22 Justavictim82

Justavictim82

Better than you

• Peer
  • 2233 posts
  • Ruler Name:justavictim82
  • Nation Name:AllaboutthePentiums
  • IRC Nick:Justavictim82[Invicta]
  • Alliance Name:Horse love
  • Nation Link

Posted 14 December 2015 - 11:08 PM

Marijuanas

Member Awards ()

#23 Manoka

Manoka
  • Internal Affairs: Writer
  • 6520 posts
  • Ruler Name:deadmanszpiper
  • Nation Name:Manoka
  • IRC Nick:Rawrmansz
  • Nation Link

Posted 14 December 2015 - 11:34 PM

Oh God, not this thread again D:

Marijuana mostly kills by car accidents. 

Some 2,000 a year. And it's mostly other people. 

Member Awards ()

#24 HordeLorde

HordeLorde

Precisely

• Former Member
  • 843 posts
  • Ruler Name:HordeLorde
  • Nation Name:Kamigawa
  • IRC Nick:HordeLorde
  • Nation Link

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:10 AM

bullshiza! robin williams hosted a special(a serious special) where the reaction times of drivers while under the influence of 1of 4 substances were tested.(cocaine, heroin, weed, and alcohol. each driver was first tested sober. then under the influence. The drivers under the influence of heroin and alcohol totally failed. unable to perform pretty much every task. the driver under the influence of cocaine did well enough but had a bit of a lead foot on the gas and a feather foot on the break. The person under the influence of marijuana did better high than sober. thats not to say someone wouldnt get into a car accident while under the influence of cannabis, but the accident would more than likely be caused from something like trying to roll the joint or dropping it and trying to retrieve it rather than being high itself.

furthermore portugal legalized all drugs and you know what happened? less crime, more awareness and education about drugs, less people in prison those found commiting a crime while under the influence are sent to rehab (rather than prison), and most of the youth population in portugal says they dont wanna try drugs....

#25 Haflinger

Haflinger

Flipper

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 10259 posts
  • Ruler Name:Haflinger
  • Nation Name:Llonach
  • IRC Nick:Haflinger
  • Nation Link

Posted 15 December 2015 - 04:48 AM

That sounds a lot like Fish Story.

Member Awards ()

#26 the rebel

the rebel
  • Former Member
  • 1961 posts
  • Ruler Name:the rebel
  • Nation Name:rebellion
  • IRC Nick:TheRebel
  • Nation Link

Posted 15 December 2015 - 07:27 AM

That sounds a lot like Fish Story.

How rude that study was founded by the couch potatoes dope organisation.

Member Awards ()

#27 Justavictim82

Justavictim82

Better than you

• Peer
  • 2233 posts
  • Ruler Name:justavictim82
  • Nation Name:AllaboutthePentiums
  • IRC Nick:Justavictim82[Invicta]
  • Alliance Name:Horse love
  • Nation Link

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:19 AM

In fairness, I could bump this story forever. It isn't a certain member of Legion and his inappropriateness (not giving details here... do your own research if you have the dual membership mask) but it justifies 3 marijuanas

Member Awards ()

#28 Staccs

Staccs
  • Former Member
  • 726 posts
  • Ruler Name:Staccs
  • Nation Name:RaccNation
  • IRC Nick:Staccs
  • Nation Link

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:55 PM

To be fair, the whole, 200 pounds things is actually false, it's more like half a pound, and it also depends heavily on the THC saturation in the marijuana, which most people smoke 50%+ these days. As well, heart disease and heart attacks are the biggest killers.

So, while there have been few nicotine related deaths, there's been a lot of heart disease related deaths from cigarettes. Overdoses are not the only thing to worry about.

50%+??? Get the fuck out. Seriously just get the fuck out. You'll be hard pressed to find any strain of flower over 25% and the highest I've ever smoked was tested at 27%. If you're talking wax, the range goes from 70%-92% and if you're getting anything lower, you're not getting your moneys worth as it is usually a lot more expensive than flower.

#29 HordeLorde

HordeLorde

Precisely

• Former Member
  • 843 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 15 December 2015 - 06:29 PM

my question is why are people who dont smoke it so adamant about keeping it illegal. you let people smoke cogs(albeit outside at east 20 ft away from any building enterance) and you let people drink alcohol and you let people eat doughnuts and you let people buy cough syrup. Why not just deal with this too and just be happy that your not doing. There is tons of credible research all over the place of the benefits of spending a day with mary jane. and as were all aware there are pros and cons to just about everything.there are what 8 billion people on the planet now? so of course youre gonna find cases where people died "from" marijuana (usually through at least 3 degrees of seperation) while also finding people who have used it to do a variety of beneficial things. so why dont people just stay happy and mind their own damn business and stop demonizing others just because they make different choices than you do. this aggression will not stand man.

Edited by HordeLorde, 15 December 2015 - 06:30 PM.

#30 the rebel

the rebel
  • Former Member
  • 1961 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 15 December 2015 - 06:47 PM

Sure let's regulate it too, weed fucking stinks so if you happen to be driving and get pulled over, the police can assume you're driving while on drugs and arrest your arse.

Member Awards ()

#31 HordeLorde

HordeLorde

Precisely

• Former Member
  • 843 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 15 December 2015 - 07:07 PM

good thing i dont drive then

#32 Staccs

Staccs
  • Former Member
  • 726 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 15 December 2015 - 07:07 PM

my question is why are people who dont smoke it so adamant about keeping it illegal. you let people smoke cogs(albeit outside at east 20 ft away from any building enterance) and you let people drink alcohol and you let people eat doughnuts and you let people buy cough syrup. Why not just deal with this too and just be happy that your not doing. There is tons of credible research all over the place of the benefits of spending a day with mary jane. and as were all aware there are pros and cons to just about everything.there are what 8 billion people on the planet now? so of course youre gonna find cases where people died "from" marijuana (usually through at least 3 degrees of seperation) while also finding people who have used it to do a variety of beneficial things. so why dont people just stay happy and mind their own damn business and stop demonizing others just because they make different choices than you do. this aggression will not stand man.

One word: media/television. I was watching a show the other day where the main character said, "I don't know why people need drugs, surgery is such a high." Then she proceeded to DRINK A WHOLE FUCKING BOTTLE OF TEQUILA. Just because something is legal doesn't mean it is good for you, or that consuming it will do you no harm. Perception has a big role to play. This particular show is seen by an average of 9 million people per week WHEN IT AIRS. Everything you see that isn't independent is controlled by a very small number of people. I imagine it's not hard for them to change the way people see certain things.

#33 HordeLorde

HordeLorde

Precisely

• Former Member
  • 843 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 15 December 2015 - 07:09 PM

One word: media/television. I was watching a show the other day where the main character said, "I don't know why people need drugs, surgery is such a high." Then she proceeded to DRINK A WHOLE FUCKING BOTTLE OF TEQUILA. Just because something is legal doesn't mean it is good for you, or that consuming it will do you no harm. Perception has a big role to play. This particular show is seen by an average of 9 million people per week WHEN IT AIRS. Everything you see that isn't independent is controlled by a very small number of people. I imagine it's not hard for them to change the way people see certain things.

figures

#34 HordeLorde

HordeLorde

Precisely

• Former Member
  • 843 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 15 December 2015 - 07:27 PM

Sure let's regulate it too, weed fucking stinks so if you happen to be driving and get pulled over, the police can assume you're driving while on drugs and arrest your arse.

oh and cops "smell weed" whenever they find it most convienient. dont believe me? please watch this video

no drugs were found in the car. and the 17 year old was in the right. In virginia police cant do anything but make you stay put until your parent/guardian arrives if youre under 18. the kid was staying put. still after all that no drugs were found. and they "smelled weed" you can walk by certain types of bushes and itll smell like weed, a dog an eat too much freshly cut grass take a dump 4 hours later and a vaguely weedy smell will hint the air, a skunk can walk by.....look to those who arent fans of pot i get the point....youre not fans. Now im gonna smoke a bowl, you all can go on whining about it and let it ruin your day and cause stress and anxiety, and when were both done well see who is more relaxed and who is more likely to have a heart attack

#35 rotty

rotty

The First 2 time Puppy President

• President Emeritus
  • 13429 posts
  • BJ Points:69696969
  • Ruler Name:rotty
  • Nation Name:Giggle
  • IRC Nick:rotty
  • Alliance Name:~ Invicta ~
  • Nation Link

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:19 PM

Just for the record, in 1995, I tried marijuana for the last time and I slept for 20 hours after 'smoking a bowl'. It wasn't cool at all. 

That's why I advocate alcohol now.  ;)

Member Awards ()

#36 The Dark Empire

The Dark Empire

Lord James

• Peer
  • 3082 posts
  • Ruler Name:Lord James
  • Nation Name:The Dark Empire
  • IRC Nick:TheDarkEmpire
  • Alliance Name:Regnum Invictorum
  • Nation Link

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:32 PM

I smoke when I'm drunk cause it is epic

Member Awards ()

#37 HordeLorde

HordeLorde

Precisely

• Former Member
  • 843 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 15 December 2015 - 11:21 PM

candyflippin wheeee!

#38 Staccs

Staccs
  • Former Member
  • 726 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 16 December 2015 - 12:31 AM

I rarely drink but when I do, I smoke too. Very epic indeed. Funny story, this past Halloween I was at a party about 3 blocks away from my house. The plan was to get fucked up because we could just walk home, after all I had been to this house before and I knew my way home. I ended walking for 2 hours around the neighborhood because I didn't know if I was walking in the right direction so I kept going the opposite way. When I finally made up my mind on which way to go, it turned out to be the wrong direction and I was two miles away from my house. I actually ended up walking by the house that the party was at. XD

#39 Redezra

Redezra

~>:BAMF:<~

• Invicta: Knight
  • 7728 posts
  • Gender:Sentient artificial intelligence - identifies as female
  • Ruler Name:Redezra
  • Nation Name:Jorostopia
  • IRC Nick:Redezra
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:51 AM

oh and cops "smell weed" whenever they find it most convienient. dont believe me? please watch this video

no drugs were found in the car. and the 17 year old was in the right. In virginia police cant do anything but make you stay put until your parent/guardian arrives if youre under 18. the kid was staying put. still after all that no drugs were found. and they "smelled weed" you can walk by certain types of bushes and itll smell like weed, a dog an eat too much freshly cut grass take a dump 4 hours later and a vaguely weedy smell will hint the air, a skunk can walk by.....look to those who arent fans of pot i get the point....youre not fans. Now im gonna smoke a bowl, you all can go on whining about it and let it ruin your day and cause stress and anxiety, and when were both done well see who is more relaxed and who is more likely to have a heart attack

Brutal. In no way do I approve of the actions of the officers. There was no need for that much force. Kid was waiting for his mother, woman was not actively obstructing their operations.

Howeverrrrr.......

Wyne is currently in juvenile detention, charged with assault and battery, obstruction of justice, and possession of marijuana with intent to sell.

So, not exactly innocent either.

Edited by Redezra, 16 December 2015 - 01:51 AM.

#40 the rebel

the rebel
  • Former Member
  • 1961 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:21 AM

I rarely drink but when I do, I smoke too. Very epic indeed. Funny story, this past Halloween I was at a party about 3 blocks away from my house. The plan was to get fucked up because we could just walk home, after all I had been to this house before and I knew my way home. I ended walking for 2 hours around the neighborhood because I didn't know if I was walking in the right direction so I kept going the opposite way. When I finally made up my mind on which way to go, it turned out to be the wrong direction and I was two miles away from my house. I actually ended up walking by the house that the party was at. XD

That was one thing that used to piss me off when I smoked weed, if I did it away from home and knew I had to make my way back later that night.... The dreaded walk of an hour an hour which always felt like a lifetime... Was depressing.

Member Awards ()

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users