Precisely

• Former Member
  • 843 posts
  • Ruler Name:HordeLorde
  • Nation Name:Kamigawa
  • IRC Nick:HordeLorde
  • Nation Link

Posted 06 March 2016 - 10:41 PM

I was having a really good day, then I went to checkout at Walmart when I got off work. the cashier was very passively rude to me. Firstly I know that being trans I may have some features that aren't feminine, I know I haven't quite mastered the artform that is being a woman quite yet either. But even so, I do my best to present myself as the woman I feel I am every day. I put a lot of effort into it. though I know that unfortunately some persecution from time to time is part of what I signed up for when I made this decision, but it still hurts when I'm treated like this:

When it was my turn to check out the cashier called me "sir", which caused a few chuckles and smirks from other customers behind me in line. I did my best to shrug it off and politely corrected her. She didn't apologize, her only response was darting a dirty look at me and then rolling her eyes. I needed some quarters so I could get on the bus. so I swiped my card and pressed the button to get $20 cash back and asked the cashier if I could get that in a $10, a $5, three $1's and $2 in quarters. She responded that she didn't have any quarters and I said, "that's ok, I'll wait.". Her shoulders dropped and her head tilted as she let out an aggravated sigh and rolled her eyes again. It was at this moment another cashier came over to relieve her for a break. My cashier said she needed quarters for me(Specifically saying "He wants quarters" in a condescending tone. More chuckles and smirks ensued.) And they both tried to make me wait in another line at the Wetzel's Pretzels(located in the store) to get the quarters. I declined because I didn't have time to wait in another line. My cashier rolled her eyes again and muttered something under her breath and then both cashiers had a little private whisper session. I can only imagine what was said, but afterward, the second cashier went to go get some quarters for me but also gave me a dirty look as she walked away to do so.
It took her 15 minutes to do it, and she stopped and had a casual non-work related conversation with another cashier as she was coming back. Once I got my quarters and my receipt, I told them both I hoped they had a nice evening and walked out as fast as I could trying to hold back my tears. I had barely made it outside when I broke down. The girl scouts were outside selling their cookies and the two Mom's came over and asked me what was wrong. I told them what happened. One went inside to defend my honor and the other gave me a free box of Samoas to cheer me up and told me to try and have a nice night. All the troops gave me a big hug before I left. Which cheered me up some but I stilled cried all the way to the bus stop, waiting for the bus and all the way home. I've never felt so disrespected and humiliated in my life.

A few good things came from this situation, though. It made me love and appreciate the company I work for. A company that has been so gracious, understanding and accepting of me and others and also prides itself on customer service and being sensitive to all walks of life. I also got a free box of Samoas.

#2 Manoka

Manoka
  • Internal Affairs: Writer
  • 6520 posts
  • Ruler Name:deadmanszpiper
  • Nation Name:Manoka
  • IRC Nick:Rawrmansz
  • Nation Link

Posted 07 March 2016 - 01:38 AM

Well, I'm sorry. 

You've just got to try and not let other people get you down. Let it roll off of you, like water off of Matt Hassleback's face. 

Or something. 

You have to try and stay calm and move on with life; some people are going to hate you for being jewish or not having blonde hair or because you killed their associate for crack money, and that's just life. 

And when they come around sometimes you just have to smile, keep on walking, and feel confident in knowing that you have a MAC-10 on full auto you can spray down when they turn the corner right behind you.

Edited by Manoka, 07 March 2016 - 01:38 AM.

Member Awards ()

#3 HordeLorde

HordeLorde

Precisely

• Former Member
  • 843 posts
  • Ruler Name:HordeLorde
  • Nation Name:Kamigawa
  • IRC Nick:HordeLorde
  • Nation Link

Posted 07 March 2016 - 02:19 AM

Well, I'm sorry. 

You've just got to try and not let other people get you down. Let it roll off of you, like water off of Matt Hassleback's face. 

Or something. 

You have to try and stay calm and move on with life; some people are going to hate you for being jewish or not having blonde hair or because you killed their associate for crack money, and that's just life. 

And when they come around sometimes you just have to smile, keep on walking, and feel confident in knowing that you have a MAC-10 on full auto you can spray down when they turn the corner right behind you.

ha ha, Matt Hasselbeck....I thought he was a Quarterback..... hilarious

not to mention these Samoas are fucking delish

what the fuck is a MAC-10?

#4 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 07 March 2016 - 02:59 AM

Oh yeah, Samoas are the best. Like my favorite Girl scout cook evah xD

Glad they defended you, that's pretty sweet :3

71a39cd1469f7eca226930b1d0e92c12.jpg

Member Awards ()

#5 Lord Draculea

Lord Draculea
  • Former Member
  • 1087 posts
  • Ruler Name:Lord Draculea
  • Nation Name:Romania
  • IRC Nick:LordDraculea
  • Nation Link

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:14 AM

Can you fill a formal complaint in a situation like this (I mean, would it seem like a strange request to ask for the manager to show up and ask to make a formal complaint about the way you've been treated as a customer)? If I were in a similar situation (for whatever reason), I know I'd consider that possibility very seriously. Why let them put me down, when there's actually something I can do about it? Plus it would teach them a valuable lesson for the rest of their cashier career. :)

#6 KiWi

KiWi

To Be Or Not To be, Just Pick One!

• Admin: Assistant Webmaster
  • 6060 posts
  • Ruler Name:King William
  • Nation Name:Royal Nine
  • IRC Nick:KingWilliam
  • Nation Link

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:46 AM

I'll bake you cookies even. Sorry to hear. But I know you can stay strong.

Even if the Girl Scouts are evil (capitalist?) I'm glad to hear the moms are at least not assholes :)

Member Awards ()

#7 He who posts

He who posts

Intentialy offensive

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1444 posts
  • Gender:Sentient artificial intelligence - identifies as male
  • Nation Name: 
  • IRC Nick: 
  • Alliance Name: 
  • Nation Link

Posted 07 March 2016 - 09:46 AM

I'll bake you cookies even. Sorry to hear. But I know you can stay strong.

Even if the Girl Scouts are evil (capitalist?) I'm glad to hear the moms are at least not assholes :)

The higher you get the more you have to hail satan.

#8 BlackOut227

BlackOut227

Someone save me

• Minister of War
  • 323 posts
  • Ruler Name:BlackOut227
  • Nation Name:Bloodlust
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 07 March 2016 - 09:47 AM

I'm sorry that happened to you. That really sucks. My friend (f -> m) also went through a very difficult struggle, including with his own family. They eventually came around but during that time he held his head high and went to his friends for support. If he could do it I know you can to (even though I don't really know you, but based on your posts you seem pretty strong headed.). Some day people will stop caring about other people's personal choices. And now I want girl scout cookies...

Member Awards ()

#9 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Ruler Name:Thrash
  • Nation Name:Machas
  • IRC Nick:Thrash[Invicta]
  • Nation Link

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:42 AM

They should be fired. If you call, it will happen. I know corporate takes this seriously.

I killed 2 boxes of girl scout cookies in 2 days (do-si-dos and tag a longs)

Member Awards ()

#10 rotty

rotty

The First 2 time Puppy President

• President Emeritus
  • 13429 posts
  • BJ Points:69696969
  • Ruler Name:rotty
  • Nation Name:Giggle
  • IRC Nick:rotty
  • Alliance Name:~ Invicta ~
  • Nation Link

Posted 07 March 2016 - 03:33 PM

Get this on twitter with store location and names.

(I dont eat cookies, let alone girl scout cookies, so what in the hell are Samoas?)  lol

Member Awards ()

#11 the rebel

the rebel
  • Former Member
  • 1961 posts
  • Ruler Name:the rebel
  • Nation Name:rebellion
  • IRC Nick:TheRebel
  • Nation Link

Posted 10 March 2016 - 04:32 AM

Broke down? Those hormonal treatments must be working well.

As for the situation, that's disgraceful customer service and as Thrash said call/write a letter to the manager/head office and lay what happened on thick... Get them sacked, I would lol.

Member Awards ()

#12 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

The Invictan Formerly Known as Jorost

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Gender:Household pet that walked across the keyboard - male
  • Ruler Name:Jorost
  • Nation Name:Invicta Crownlands
  • IRC Nick:Jorost
  • Nation Link

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:18 AM

Broke down? Those hormonal treatments must be working well.

I assume this is meant as a joke. Because men never cry, right?

I'm very sorry this happened to you, HordeLorde. It is utterly unacceptable, and as Thrash said the company likely takes a dim view of such things. They want their customers treated well so they keep coming back. I realize filing a complaint can be a hassle, and maybe even open you up to more difficult exchanges, but if you've got the strength it's worth it, not just for yourself but for all the other people who this could happen to. Maybe write an email and cc the store manager and the regional manager (I'm sure a little digging could find out where to send such a complaint). Also, if there is a transgender or LGBT rights group in your area, they might be interested in hearing about this.

Don't let assholes ruin your day.

Member Awards ()

#13 the rebel

the rebel
  • Former Member
  • 1961 posts
  • Ruler Name:the rebel
  • Nation Name:rebellion
  • IRC Nick:TheRebel
  • Nation Link

Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:09 PM

I assume this is meant as a joke. Because men never cry, right?

I cried once when I was kicked hard in the balls... But yes.

Edited by the rebel, 10 March 2016 - 05:11 PM.

Member Awards ()

#14 The Dark Empire

The Dark Empire

Lord James

• Peer
  • 3082 posts
  • Ruler Name:Lord James
  • Nation Name:The Dark Empire
  • IRC Nick:TheDarkEmpire
  • Alliance Name:Regnum Invictorum
  • Nation Link

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:03 PM

I cant remember the last time I cried

Member Awards ()

#15 KiWi

KiWi

• 6060 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:48 PM

Like tears running down your face or what.<br /><br />We need a new thread honestly. I don't want to take away from the topic. But I'm greatly interested in knowing where the line is. Esp for when people ask "did you cry during [] movie?". Because I don't cry. But if my eyes get shiny and hot, ehh?

Member Awards ()

#16 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:29 AM

I cry all the time. Most of my nights are just me sitting in a featureless room weeping quietly into my hands until it's time to get up and go to work.

Member Awards ()

#17 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:40 AM

I cry all the time. Most of my nights are just me sitting in a featureless room weeping quietly into my hands until it's time to get up and go to work.

Huh, maybe we have more in common than I thought...

Do you stare at the clock and wall all night wondering where your life has gone and then feel guilty that you stayed up all night and have something to do the next day?

Edited by Manoka, 11 March 2016 - 10:41 AM.

Member Awards ()

#18 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:52 AM

Huh, maybe we have more in common than I thought...

Do you stare at the clock and wall all night wondering where your life has gone and then feel guilty that you stayed up all night and have something to do the next day?

Only on days that end in "y."

Member Awards ()

#19 KiWi

KiWi

• 6060 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 March 2016 - 04:22 PM

Deep.

Member Awards ()

#20 The Dark Empire

The Dark Empire

Lord James

• Peer
  • 3082 posts
  • Ruler Name:Lord James
  • Nation Name:The Dark Empire
  • IRC Nick:TheDarkEmpire
  • Alliance Name:Regnum Invictorum
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 March 2016 - 05:17 PM

This makes me sad. I've never been depressed in my life. Every morning I wake up really happy. I go on adventures. I meet new people every week. I'm always meeting new lady friends. I get trashed on Fridays and I always have someone to smoke with. My career path is one I'm very happy with it and I have an amazing band that I live with currently.

I'm just so happy all the time and I wish I could send you all some of my happiness.

Here is a line to one of my songs that really means a lot to me.

"Your worst day is somebody else's best. Just hope they share their smile."

Find joy in every day guys.

Member Awards ()

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users