• Invicta: Legion People
  • 29 posts
  • Ruler Name:Emperor Hasc
  • Nation Name:Empire of Minho
  • IRC Nick:Hasc
  • Alliance Name:The Legion
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:50 AM

We are currently trying to get another game of supremacy 1914 on the Legion's forums.

You can sign up here: http://www.avelegio....ead.php?t=50291

As a simple explanation: it's risk with an interactive market/military feature. It's time based, very strategic, and very fun.

As a longer explanation: Each player gets control of a nation in the beginning of WWI. The playable nations are balanced (there are small nations controlled by AI), so unless for geography reasons and natural resources, it's indifferent playing with The German Empire or Spain for example.
The available nations are: Great Britain, France, Spain, Morocco, Sweden, Russia, The German Empire, Austrian-Hungary Empire, The Ottoman Empire, Italy.
The game develops quite slow (very slow in the first 3 or 4 days, then people start declaring war on each other), and you can play going to the game 5min in the morning and 5min in the end of the day, unless you are at war. If you are at war, then going to the game more often just to make sure that everything is okay is recommended, but you don't need to spend more than 5min in each time. The point is that it isn't a time consuming game.
The victory conditions are these: there are 2000 points at any time that are distributed along the nations according to their strength. When a nation reaches 1000 points, that nation wins. Having 1000 points means you alone have the same strength of all remaining nations.
You can make alliances, trade, spy and sabotage, make a trade embargo, and try to manipulate price of natural resources on the stock market. I wouldn't recommend having more than one ally (two at the most), since having more than that means that the 2000 points will be divided among a lot of nations which means that it will be difficult to someone to reach the 1000 necessary.

#2 Konkrage

Konkrage

Imperator of The Legion

• 96 posts
  • Ruler Name:Konkrage1
  • Nation Name:Konkrage1
  • IRC Nick:Konkrage
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:59 PM

I highly encourage all that read this to join up. It's an awesome time and it really helps you get to know the people that you play with. It's super competitive, but at the same time a great way to grow a community. 

To give you perspective: the game is round base. Rounds last about 30-40 days. It's not a turn based game, it's a real-time version of risk. So, once the round is over you can pick up another game or drop out. There's no extended commitment like CN.

#3 KiWi

KiWi

To Be Or Not To be, Just Pick One!

• Admin: Assistant Webmaster
  • 6060 posts
  • Ruler Name:King William
  • Nation Name:Royal Nine
  • IRC Nick:KingWilliam
  • Nation Link

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:58 PM

You know what would be interested is a random drawing for 3 man teams.

Maybe not this round, but another. The diplomacy side of things is always part of the fun, but teams can be just as fun.

Member Awards ()

#4 Hasc

Hasc
  • 29 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:01 AM

How would you make it work? We can't have 3 man teams with a total 10 total players and make it fair...

#5 KiWi

KiWi

• 6060 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 16 August 2015 - 01:01 PM

With a exact total of 10? Nah. You could do 9 or 6 or 12 thou (different map :P ).

Member Awards ()

#6 Hasc

Hasc
  • 29 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:56 PM

Seems like 5vs5 would be the only option, but seems to me that would be unfair to some people because some would be the guys in the front line and other stay in the back with pretty much no action...

#7 Jovan Porphyrogenitus

Jovan Porphyrogenitus
  • Foreign Diplomat
  • 19 posts
  • Ruler Name:Jovan
  • Nation Name:The Terran Empire
  • IRC Nick:Jovan
  • Alliance Name:New Pacific Order
  • Nation Link

Posted 31 August 2015 - 02:55 PM

Why only those nations? If it's WWI i think there can be interesting gameplay as a smaller nation. Plus i want to be my country because we actually were a big part of this!

#8 KiWi

KiWi

• 6060 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:24 AM

Seems like 5vs5 would be the only option, but seems to me that would be unfair to some people because some would be the guys in the front line and other stay in the back with pretty much no action...

You can do it without scoring. And do you not want to die for your alliance!

Member Awards ()

#9 Hasc

Hasc
  • 29 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:28 AM

Why only those nations? If it's WWI i think there can be interesting gameplay as a smaller nation. Plus i want to be my country because we actually were a big part of this!

Because those are the nations that are balanced to be played by humans. Each starts with 12 provinces, so each country has more or less the same starting power. All other countries have less than 12 provinces (Serbia has 3 iirc), so playing with those countries is just saying "roll me first pls"...

#10 Jovan Porphyrogenitus

Jovan Porphyrogenitus
  • Foreign Diplomat
  • 19 posts
  • Ruler Name:Jovan
  • Nation Name:The Terran Empire
  • IRC Nick:Jovan
  • Alliance Name:New Pacific Order
  • Nation Link

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:37 PM

Yes! A little difficulty never hurts now does it? Plus even if i lose my provinces my army retreats to defend the Salonika front.

#11 He who posts

He who posts

Intentialy offensive

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1444 posts
  • Gender:Sentient artificial intelligence - identifies as male
  • Nation Name: 
  • IRC Nick: 
  • Alliance Name: 
  • Nation Link

Posted 01 September 2015 - 05:50 PM

Sign me up.