the rebel
  • Former Member
  • 1961 posts
  • Ruler Name:the rebel
  • Nation Name:rebellion
  • IRC Nick:TheRebel
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 November 2015 - 03:08 AM

Why would you need to walk the streets with a knife, you want to chop some vegetables then use your kitchen.

Muggers, other people with knives.

Muggers with knives.
Again unless you're willing to kill and possibly end up doing time for it, then walking around with a knife or a gun is pointless.

I will choose freedom over the microscopic chance of being stabbed/shot.

Member Awards ()

#22 Manoka

Manoka
  • Internal Affairs: Writer
  • 6520 posts
  • Ruler Name:deadmanszpiper
  • Nation Name:Manoka
  • IRC Nick:Rawrmansz
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 November 2015 - 09:22 AM

Why would you need to walk the streets with a knife, you want to chop some vegetables then use your kitchen.

Muggers, other people with knives.

Muggers with knives.
Again unless you're willing to kill and possibly end up doing time for it, then walking around with a knife or a gun is pointless.

I will choose freedom over the microscopic chance of being stabbed/shot.

You won't go to jail in America for defending yourself, even if you kill someone. xP

I realize that's often the case in the UK, though...

Member Awards ()

#23 the rebel

the rebel
  • Former Member
  • 1961 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 November 2015 - 10:26 AM

You won't go to jail in America for defending yourself, even if you kill someone. xP

Go try it you will be in for a shock, because if there is the tiniest hint that lethal force wasn't required, they will throw the book at you.

Before you state the laws I know you're going to state, that won't stop the prosecutor's suggesting from evidence that lethal force wasn't required.

You could also murder someone in the UK as self-defense, proving that is was required is the difficult part.

Member Awards ()

#24 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 November 2015 - 11:31 AM

Go try it you will be in for a shock, because if there is the tiniest hint that lethal force wasn't required, they will throw the book at you.

Before you state the laws I know you're going to state, that won't stop the prosecutor's suggesting from evidence that lethal force wasn't required.

You could also murder someone in the UK as self-defense, proving that is was required is the difficult part.

That's not really how it works in the U.S. 

There's some 300,000 or more cases of defensive gun uses a year, and few of these people end up in prison. A prosecutor can suggest it was unwarranted, but that isn't going to automatically make me go to jail. 

In the UK, carrying a weapon even for the intent of self defense is illegal, so if you got attacked anywhere outside of your home and used a weapon at all, say a pocket knife, you'd already be in pretty deep shit considering you aren't supposed to carry a knife in self defense. Even sharpened pencils in public can be illegal, and if you use it to defend yourself, than you'll be in a world of hurt.

Member Awards ()

#25 wildbillhkhk

wildbillhkhk

The Constant Editor

• Former Member
  • 187 posts
  • Ruler Name:wildbillhkhk
  • Nation Name:Bilee
  • IRC Nick:WB
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 November 2015 - 11:44 AM

In the US outside city limits you can kill a trespasser long as you give him a warning shot and shoot him in the front, even is he's unarmed. Inside city limits the trespasser has to be in your home.
Most people that get arrested for using a gun in self defence are felons and not legaly able to have a gun (which is rediculous).

I've been attacked by loose and stray pittbulls 3 times (and I won). Each time I wish I had brought my 3 in pocket knife. Would have saved me alot of blood.

(I'm trying really REALLY hard not to be derogative here)

Edited by wildbillhkhk, 02 November 2015 - 11:48 AM.

#26 the rebel

the rebel
  • Former Member
  • 1961 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 November 2015 - 11:52 AM

There's some 300,000 or more cases of defensive gun uses a year, and few of these people end up in prison. A prosecutor can suggest it was unwarranted, but that isn't going to automatically make me go to jail.

In the UK, carrying a weapon even for the intent of self defense is illegal, so if you got attacked anywhere outside of your home and used a weapon at all, say a pocket knife, you'd already be in pretty deep shit considering you aren't supposed to carry a knife in self defense. Even sharpened pencils in public can be illegal, and if you use it to defend yourself, than you'll be in a world of hurt.

Wow 300,000 murders in defence each year? No you changing the topic we was talking about murder in defence, reading my friend is a required skill in debates :)

Well if you get charged for it you will be spending a few months in jail till your trials or unless your rich and get a bail :P

Strange I can carry a knife in public and its legal and I'm in the UK, do you always talk out of your arse?

Member Awards ()

#27 wildbillhkhk

wildbillhkhk

The Constant Editor

• Former Member
  • 187 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 November 2015 - 12:21 PM

Wow 300,000 murders in defence each year? No you changing the topic we was talking about murder in defence, reading my friend is a required skill in debates :)

Well if you get charged for it you will be spending a few months in jail till your trials or unless your rich and get a bail :P

Strange I can carry a knife in public and its legal and I'm in the UK, do you always talk out of your arse?
Self defense murder is an oxy moron, and you're just a moron. And since you used "arse" I'm gonna assume you have a degenerate British accent.
The UK is not famous for the intelligence of it's citizens. I mean the most impressive is stephen hawking, but how smart can somebody be when they have a serious genetic malady and still decide to have kids?

Reading IS a required skill in debate, but so is grammar. BAM!

Edited by wildbillhkhk, 02 November 2015 - 12:28 PM.

#28 the rebel

the rebel
  • Former Member
  • 1961 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 November 2015 - 12:32 PM

Self defense murder is an oxy moron, and you're just a moron. And since you used "arse" I'm gonna assume you have a degenerate British accent.
The UK is not famous for the intelligence of it's citizens. I mean the most impressive is stephen hawking, but how smart can somebody be when the have a serious genetic malady and still decide to have kids?

Its been a while since I've had a wannabe something aweful forum poster try and troll me. Sorry in future I will make note to drop some vowels so the resident red neck here doesn't feel all stupid when reading proper English spelling.

Member Awards ()

#29 wildbillhkhk

wildbillhkhk

The Constant Editor

• Former Member
  • 187 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 November 2015 - 12:34 PM

Anyways, I want a 32-20 colt, in case I'm attacked by a dinosaur or something in body armor.
30o6, scoped
AK-103
30-30 Lever action, scoped. 'cause I'm a bonafide cowboy. I've broken many horses, postless.

Edited by wildbillhkhk, 02 November 2015 - 12:35 PM.

#30 the rebel

the rebel
  • Former Member
  • 1961 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 November 2015 - 12:35 PM

Yay! A grammar Nazi. Sorry Cletus I don't have time to educate you on what one is :)

Member Awards ()

#31 wildbillhkhk

wildbillhkhk

The Constant Editor

• Former Member
  • 187 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 November 2015 - 12:38 PM

Yay! A grammar Nazi. Sorry Cletus I don't have time to educate you on what one is :)
no, you won't find me correcting every little mistake, and if you look close enough, you'll find a few of my own. I misuse commas like it was out of style.
You just won't catch me using 'was' in place of 'were' that's just plain stupid, and both American And British English defy their own rules, so thinking that I'm distressed by a few extra vowels is laughable.

Manoka: ever shot an SIG-566? Now thats a sweet rifle, swiss made.

Edited by wildbillhkhk, 02 November 2015 - 12:48 PM.

#32 the rebel

the rebel
  • Former Member
  • 1961 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 November 2015 - 12:40 PM

no, you won't find me correcting every little mistake, and if you look close enough, you'll find a few of my own. I misuse commas like it was out of style.

Its not your fault Cletus.

Member Awards ()

#33 wildbillhkhk

wildbillhkhk

The Constant Editor

• Former Member
  • 187 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 November 2015 - 12:50 PM

Its not your fault Cletus.
Shoot, I wish my name was Cletus
I'm William Joseph James Robert.
Or Billy Joe Jim Bob for short.

And it is my fault, since I do it on purpose... I thought that was clear, but...

Edited by wildbillhkhk, 02 November 2015 - 12:54 PM.

#34 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 November 2015 - 02:46 PM

There's no such thing as "self defense murder". Using a gun doesn't automatically result in the deaths of others, is my point, so no, pulling a gun in self defense won't automatically result in someone suggesting I murdered someone else. In most instances where a gun is used, you won't kill someone. You only have about a 5-15% chance of killing someone even if you hit them with a bullet. 

Carrying a knife is not illegal, carrying a knife for the intent of defense, is. In the UK, you can't carry a knife longer than 3 inches, or a lot of other series of knives. There are a list of "good reasons" to carry a knife, which are "taking knives you use at work to and from work - taking knives to a gallery or museum to be exhibited - the knife is going to be used for theatre, film, television, historical reenactment or religious purposes, eg the kirpan some Sikhs carry", and this doesn't include self defense.

https://en.wikipedia...#United_Kingdom

"an individual must provide evidence to prove that they had a "good reason or lawful authority" for carrying a knife (if this is the case) upon being detained. While this may appear to be a reversal of the usual burden of proof, technically the prosecution has already proven the case (prima facie) by establishing that a knife was being carried in a public place" 

The Knives Act 1997 prohibits the sale of combat knives and restricts the marketing of knives as offensive weapons.

So, you can't legally buy and use a knife meant as an "offensive weapon", which includes self defense. 

In fact, this legal precedence has been established for self defense. 

"This new approach now includes prosecution of citizens who have admitted carrying a knife for the sole purpose of self-defence (in the eyes of the law, this is presently viewed as an admission that the defendant intends to use the knife as an "offensive weapon", albeit in a defensive manner, and in otherwise justifiable circumstances).[60] While the onus lies on the officer to prove offensive intent, prosecutors and courts have in the past taken the appearance and the marketing of a particular brand of knife into account when considering whether an otherwise legal knife was being carried as an offensive weapon. In addition, the Knives Act 1997 now prohibits the sale of combat knives and restricts the marketing of knives as offensive weapons. A knife which is marketed as "tactical", "military", "special ops", etc. could therefore carry an extra liability."

https://www.google.c...m-eju_bRiuXgEvg

http://www.princes-t...eworksheets.doc

"If you carry a knife to protect yourself or make yourself feel safer but don't intendto use it then you are committing a crime."

So it is in fact, illegal to carry a knife in the UK with the intent to use offensively, even in self defense. 

Member Awards ()

#35 the rebel

the rebel
  • Former Member
  • 1961 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 November 2015 - 03:21 PM

Manoka that's a lot of words, you could of simply said "I haven't a clue".

You said its illegal to carry a knife in public in the UK, I said it was wrong and you was.

I speak facts you speak crap. I'm done with this thread and debating with you because you post lies and half truths as facts.

You were wrong but you won't admit because you're a boy and not a man.

Member Awards ()

#36 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 November 2015 - 03:34 PM

Manoka that's a lot of words, you could of simply said "I haven't a clue".

You said its illegal to carry a knife in public in the UK, I said it was wrong and you was.

I speak facts you speak crap. I'm done with this thread and debating with you because you post lies and half truths as facts.

You were wrong but you won't admit because you're a boy and not a man.

"In the UK, carrying a weapon even for the intent of self defense is illegal, so if you got attacked anywhere outside of your home and used a weapon at all, say a pocket knife, you'd already be in pretty deep shit considering you aren't supposed to carry a knife in self defense"

I never said it's illegal to carry a knife in the UK, I said it's illegal to carry one with the intent for self defense. I made that pretty clear. Your reading comprehension is pretty much shit. You're not going to convince me what I said was what you think I said, so that's just crazy. O.o

https://www.google.c...m-eju_bRiuXgEvg

http://www.princes-t...eworksheets.doc

"If you carry a knife to protect yourself or make yourself feel safer but don't intend to use it then you are committing a crime."

Member Awards ()

#37 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:40 PM

Personally, my favorite weapon to potentially buy right now is the H&K USP.

It's like the 1911, but it has a 12 round magazine, a recoil buffer, is lighter weight, and has a lot more accessory support. 

What's not to love?!

Plus it shoots like a dream, having had the opportunity to shoot one, it's one of the best shooting semiautomatic handguns I've ever used.

It's also about the same price on average, but you get very consistent quality, compared to many 1911 companies.

Member Awards ()

#38 Alyster

Alyster

Last Lord of the Admiralty

• Former Member
  • 1584 posts
  • Ruler Name:alyster
  • Nation Name:landeswehr
  • IRC Nick:alyster
  • Alliance Name:The Order of Paradox
  • Nation Link

Posted 03 November 2015 - 04:59 AM

Personally I'd take the Glock over USP for releasing mechanism in double shots. 

I assume you mean the .45 USP. The 9mm is the standard in Europe so I'm more familiar with that. Hint was that you can fit more ammo into standard mag on 9mm :D

But it's a solid platform for tactical equipment you might add. 

Edited by Alyster, 03 November 2015 - 05:21 AM.

#39 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:38 AM

*le gasp*

Personally I like the controls on the USP more, they're bigger and easier to maneuver around. I don't really like tiny controls, but they're not horrible. My preference is the bigger stuff.

Also the USP just feels better in my hand, lines up shots better xD

Member Awards ()

#40 rotty

rotty

The First 2 time Puppy President

• President Emeritus
  • 13429 posts
  • BJ Points:69696969
  • Ruler Name:rotty
  • Nation Name:Giggle
  • IRC Nick:rotty
  • Alliance Name:~ Invicta ~
  • Nation Link

Posted 03 November 2015 - 01:14 PM

yea guns

Some I own and will share......

Glock 23 .40  (trying to trade this for a G42 that my brother owns)

Glock 36 .45  

Springfield XDM .40

Ruger P95 9mm (my first handgun purchased back in '95ish)

A few different hunting rifles and few different shotguns 

Member Awards ()

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users