• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 *Anastasia

*Anastasia

— 孱弱新婦 —

• Governor General
  • 8427 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 12:49 AM

Haha. Trump is a vanity candidate, not a serious contender. He does this every cycle, but he never actually takes the serious steps to run because then his finances and business dealings would be subject to scrutiny, and that's the last thing he wants.

Nah, he's just upping the ante like he does every time. He doesn't want the kind of scrutiny a presidential candidate gets. He's just an attention whore.

It really pisses me off that the media is treating him as a serious candidate. He's not. He's a vanity candidate and everyone knows it. Trump's business dealings over the years have been pretty shady; he's not going to want the kind of scrutiny that a certain level of candidacy would bring. If he were one of the last, say, three Republicans standing in the nomination race, a finalist, he would suddenly find himself under much more of a microscope than he ever imagined. He's an attention whore, no question, but he likes to be in control of the attention. He's not going to like the kind of attention he would get if he were perceived as a legitimate contender. Right now he's just one of, what? Twelve? It's pretty epic. Like Game of Thrones but with vapid guys in suits.

It is difficult to imagine a realistic scenario in which Donald Trump wins the Republican nomination. It is even more difficult to imagine a scenario in which a nominated Trump is elected president. Impossible? No. But so unlikely as to be unworthy of serious consideration at this point.

Honestly, I think he's a joke candidate. 

Trump is a vanity candidate.

http://www.huffingto...4b0896514d0fd66

A Note About Our Coverage Of Donald Trump's 'Campaign'

After watching and listening to Donald Trump since he announced his candidacy for president, we have decided we won't report on Trump's campaign as part of The Huffington Post's political coverage. Instead, we will cover his campaign as part of our Entertainment section. Our reason is simple: Trump's campaign is a sideshow. We won't take the bait. If you are interested in what The Donald has to say, you'll find it next to our stories on the Kardashians and The Bachelorette.

Fox news' coverage will be telling. If they turn on Trump, he's done. I mean, he won't stop running, because he's an egomaniac whose relationship with reality is tangential at best. But his moment in the sun will be over.

I think we're going to see a rehash of the 2012 Republican nomination process, in which each candidate, it seemed, had a turn at frontrunner before the race finally went to the Establishment guy. I think that's going to happen again. But with so many candidates, it has started earlier. Trump was first. Who will be next?

It just keeps getting better. Now he's at war with the Des Moines Register, a paper highly influential in the Iowa caucuses:

Editorial: Trump should pull the plug on his bloviating side show

In the five weeks since he announced his campaign to seek the GOP nomination for president, Trump has been more focused on promoting himself, and his brand, than in addressing the problems facing the nation. If he were merely a self-absorbed, B-list celebrity, his unchecked ego could be tolerated as a source of mild amusement. But he now wants to become president, which means that he aspires to be the leader of the free world and the keeper of our nuclear launch codes.

That is problematic, because Trump, by every indication, seems wholly unqualified to sit in the White House. If he had not already disqualified himself through his attempts to demonize immigrants as rapists and drug dealers, he certainly did so by questioning the war record of John McCain, the Republican senator from Arizona.

And Trump is a joke.

Trump is the punch line....not the joke

A horse walks into a bar,
bartender says "why the long face"
and the horse responds
"Donald Trump"

¿por qué no pueden pollos mexicanos cruzar la frontera ? Donald Trump

In my mind Donald Trump is the greatest asset the GOP have.

He's not going to win the election anyway. He's not even going to be the Republican nominee. The best he can hope for is to be a third party candidate and spoiler.

Ah, the good old days.

Please kill me now.

Member Awards ()

#2 Redezra

Redezra

~>:BAMF:<~

• Invicta: Knight
  • 7728 posts
  • Gender:Sentient artificial intelligence - identifies as female
  • Ruler Name:Redezra
  • Nation Name:Jorostopia
  • IRC Nick:Redezra
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 October 2016 - 08:07 AM

How exactly did this happen again?

#3 He who posts

He who posts

Intentialy offensive

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1444 posts
  • Gender:Sentient artificial intelligence - identifies as male
  • Nation Name: 
  • IRC Nick: 
  • Alliance Name: 
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 October 2016 - 10:38 AM

He who posts says oligopolies.

#4 King Biscuit

King Biscuit

Wanna see a dead body?

• President Emeritus
  • 6393 posts
  • Ruler Name:King Biscuit
  • Nation Name:Ovencia
  • IRC Nick:KingBeard
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 October 2016 - 11:09 AM

Fucking morons.

That's how.

Member Awards ()

#5 KiWi

KiWi

To Be Or Not To be, Just Pick One!

• Admin: Assistant Webmaster
  • 6060 posts
  • Ruler Name:King William
  • Nation Name:Royal Nine
  • IRC Nick:KingWilliam
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 October 2016 - 11:18 AM

Fucking morons.
That's how.

Run away with me Beard.

We'll start our own nation.

A nation of laws.

Member Awards ()

#6 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Ruler Name:Thrash
  • Nation Name:Machas
  • IRC Nick:Thrash[Invicta]
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 October 2016 - 07:32 PM

I dunno, around my town, I'm seeing a lot more Trump signs then Hillary. One guy even has a handwritten sign stuck in a flower pot that says "Basket of Deplorables".

The polls are biased, favoring Dems. Wait till the vote happens. A lot of people are afraid to show support for Trump because they fear they'll get beaten up, so they just stay quiet about it.

Member Awards ()

#7 slimshadyinc

slimshadyinc
  • Former Member
  • 503 posts
  • Ruler Name:slimshadyinc
  • Nation Name:United Freedom State
  • Nation Link

Posted 12 October 2016 - 12:42 AM

I dunno, around my town, I'm seeing a lot more Trump signs then Hillary. One guy even has a handwritten sign stuck in a flower pot that says "Basket of Deplorables".

The polls are biased, favoring Dems. Wait till the vote happens. A lot of people are afraid to show support for Trump because they fear they'll get beaten up, so they just stay quiet about it.

Idk I think you got this opposite. Many people who support Trump have been very open about it, I see signs and stickers everywhere I go. I never see open support for Clinton though, so I'm thinking that a lot of people who support her keep it quiet.

Member Awards ()

#8 *Anastasia

*Anastasia

— 孱弱新婦 —

• Governor General
  • 8427 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 01:17 AM

Idk I think you got this opposite. Many people who support Trump have been very open about it, I see signs and stickers everywhere I go. I never see open support for Clinton though, so I'm thinking that a lot of people who support her keep it quiet.

It's almost as though personal politics lead us to assume more people are like us than like them and our biases color the way we interpret the same sets of information. :P

Member Awards ()

#9 Redezra

Redezra

~>:BAMF:<~

• Invicta: Knight
  • 7728 posts
  • Gender:Sentient artificial intelligence - identifies as female
  • Ruler Name:Redezra
  • Nation Name:Jorostopia
  • IRC Nick:Redezra
  • Nation Link

Posted 12 October 2016 - 02:38 AM

Woah no way, personal bias is a thing?!

#10 Justavictim82

Justavictim82

Better than you

• Peer
  • 2233 posts
  • Ruler Name:justavictim82
  • Nation Name:AllaboutthePentiums
  • IRC Nick:Justavictim82[Invicta]
  • Alliance Name:Horse love
  • Nation Link

Posted 12 October 2016 - 06:04 AM

This is actually quite truthful in my area as well. Granted I expect my county to be red because it has been for 4 of the last 5 elections (2008 was the exception) but given the brash outspokenness of Trump and his supporters I would expect them to be forthcoming in their support hence the proliferation of signs. I am see quite a few Johnson signs in my area as well. It is pretty much 60/30/10 for Trump/Clinton/Johnson but again maybe 10% of home are really broadcasting who they are voting for. I am not and I am most definitely voting Johnson.  

As far as the media bias goes Thrash, show me one poll where Trump is leading, I have yet to see one even on sites where there is a clear Conservative bias.

Member Awards ()

#11 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 12 October 2016 - 06:32 AM

Johnson has signs? He put down the joint long enough and figured out how to design a sign? Does he even know what a sign is? His own running mate has put his weight behind Clinton. Johnson is a laughing stock. It's unfortunate, because he's destroyed the only chance the Libertarian party had to be able to do anything.

Member Awards ()

#12 Learz

Learz

High Government

• Advisor
  • 3459 posts
  • Ruler Name:Learz
  • Nation Name:Eridani Empire
  • IRC Nick:Learz
  • Nation Link

Posted 12 October 2016 - 04:18 PM

This is how it is in my area too. No one ever admits to liking Trump in the open, or even discussing the election. But get 2 or 3 people together on the side and bring up a Trump point, and they'll all nod in agreement. I think Trump has a far better chance at winning than most people give him.

IMO, one of his greatest assets is that people never took him seriously (and still don't). Yet he is one step away from becoming (arguably) the most powerful person in the world.

I'm not saying he's going to win, but it's going to be waaaaay closer than everyone expects.

Member Awards ()

#13 KiWi

KiWi

To Be Or Not To be, Just Pick One!

• Admin: Assistant Webmaster
  • 6060 posts
  • Ruler Name:King William
  • Nation Name:Royal Nine
  • IRC Nick:KingWilliam
  • Nation Link

Posted 12 October 2016 - 08:19 PM

This is how it is in my area too. No one ever admits to liking Trump in the open, or even discussing the election. But get 2 or 3 people together on the side and bring up a Trump point, and they'll all nod in agreement. I think Trump has a far better chance at winning than most people give him.

IMO, one of his greatest assets is that people never took him seriously (and still don't). Yet he is one step away from becoming (arguably) the most powerful person in the world.

I'm not saying he's going to win, but it's going to be waaaaay closer than everyone expects.

I'm scared Dave.

I can't wake up.

Why must it rain today.

Member Awards ()

#14 slimshadyinc

slimshadyinc
  • Former Member
  • 503 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 13 October 2016 - 02:13 AM

I've actually considered openly supporting Clinton but have not for fear of Trump supporters doing something to my house or my car. I actually find it quite entertaining to see that worry flipped for the other side.

Member Awards ()

#15 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:33 AM

Trump supporters don't have time to do something to your sign or car because they're busy working, not driving around looking for things to vandalize.

Member Awards ()

#16 The Dark Empire

The Dark Empire

Lord James

• Peer
  • 3082 posts
  • Ruler Name:Lord James
  • Nation Name:The Dark Empire
  • IRC Nick:TheDarkEmpire
  • Alliance Name:Regnum Invictorum
  • Nation Link

Posted 13 October 2016 - 04:19 PM

It's gotten to the point where I don't talk politics with anyone since everyone is shocked and surprised you aren't voting for their favorite candidate. I had a lady friend over the other night and she asked me who I'm voting for out of nowhere. I told her I don't talk politics with friends. She then pointed out how flaccid I had become. I can't wait till this is over so people will stop shoving their political agenda down my throat.

Member Awards ()

#17 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 13 October 2016 - 05:45 PM

Lady friend? What are you? 90?

Member Awards ()

#18 slimshadyinc

slimshadyinc
  • Former Member
  • 503 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 14 October 2016 - 12:12 AM

Well I do frequent public places, never know when some person who doesn't like your affiliation might key your car or what have you.

Member Awards ()

#19 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 14 October 2016 - 01:36 AM

Nah I think you're good. I hate Hillary with a passion and I'm still able to drive by the signs and see the parked cars and let them be. Adult, it's a thing. The left shoud learn it.

Member Awards ()

#20 The Dark Empire

The Dark Empire

Lord James

• Peer
  • 3082 posts
  • Ruler Name:Lord James
  • Nation Name:The Dark Empire
  • IRC Nick:TheDarkEmpire
  • Alliance Name:Regnum Invictorum
  • Nation Link

Posted 20 October 2016 - 11:12 AM