Manoka
  • Internal Affairs: Writer
  • 6520 posts
  • Ruler Name:deadmanszpiper
  • Nation Name:Manoka
  • IRC Nick:Rawrmansz
  • Nation Link

Posted 20 November 2015 - 08:05 AM

I could show you barren coastline of the UK and go look proof of piracy if I was using your naïve logic or I could use common sense and realise that a countries coastline is monitored.

Australia has a huge coastline but for some strange reason every little boat with illegals somehow gets stopped hundreds of miles before they get to the coastline.

It isn't magic its technology.

How do you know "every little boat" gets stopped? Maybe we just don't hear about the ones that get through.
The English channel is one of the most monitored waterways in the world, last time I checked the amount of ships going through is 40 an hour every hour. With that amount of traffic obsessive monitoring is needed for safety.

If you could sneak through on a boat to the UK then you wouldn't be bothering trying to sneak on to ferries and/or lorries.

There is a reason why illegals and smugglers try to move with and pretend to be travellers, as its easier than trying to fool the Navy and Coastguard.

Some people just try to sneak in through every way they can. And there's more than one way in to the UK, the less official, the better. 

I guess the IRA wasn't a problem, huh...

Member Awards ()

#62 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

The Invictan Formerly Known as Jorost

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Gender:Household pet that walked across the keyboard - male
  • Ruler Name:Jorost
  • Nation Name:Invicta Crownlands
  • IRC Nick:Jorost
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 20 November 2015 - 08:15 AM

IRA members were Irish citizens, who have had freedom of movement across the UK borders since even before the EU. Irish citizens can also stand for British parliament and bear British titles of nobility. So it's a bit of a special case.

Member Awards ()

#63 Haflinger

Haflinger

Flipper

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 10259 posts
  • Ruler Name:Haflinger
  • Nation Name:Llonach
  • IRC Nick:Haflinger
  • Nation Link

Posted 20 November 2015 - 08:23 AM

It's true, nobody smuggles stuff into the UK using the Channel. Scotland is a lot more popular.

Member Awards ()

#64 the rebel

the rebel
  • Former Member
  • 1961 posts
  • Ruler Name:the rebel
  • Nation Name:rebellion
  • IRC Nick:TheRebel
  • Nation Link

Posted 20 November 2015 - 08:30 AM

I didn't realise there was a ban on Irish citizens from coming into the UK or a ban on buying fuel at the garage they used for the bombs.

Nope, just Manoka being a know it all who knows fuck all.

Member Awards ()

#65 the rebel

the rebel
  • Former Member
  • 1961 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 20 November 2015 - 08:33 AM

It's true, nobody smuggles stuff into the UK using the Channel. Scotland is a lot more popular.

Mhmm, but that's coming through different channels and not by pirates like Manoka seems to think.

Member Awards ()

#66 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 20 November 2015 - 10:13 AM

I didn't realise there was a ban on Irish citizens from coming into the UK or a ban on buying fuel at the garage they used for the bombs.

They smuggled in machine guns and all kinds of explosives. 

The AR-18 was particularly popular. 

https://en.wikipedia..._and_operations

Member Awards ()

#67 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 20 November 2015 - 10:14 AM

IRA members were Irish citizens, who have had freedom of movement across the UK borders since even before the EU. Irish citizens can also stand for British parliament and bear British titles of nobility. So it's a bit of a special case.

If they moved through regular checkpoints, the police would have still found their equipment, is my point. 

Clearly, they didn't go through legal POE's to get in to the country to smuggle in their contraband. And they didn't buy them from gun stores.

Member Awards ()

#68 the rebel

the rebel
  • Former Member
  • 1961 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:27 PM

Did pirates help them? The surrounding coast of Europe is full of pirates according to you.

Been watching pirates of the Caribbean too much lately? :P

Member Awards ()

#69 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:31 PM

Did pirates help them? The surrounding coast of Europe is full of pirates according to you.

They smuggled them in through the water in many cases. So, they were the pirates. And water borne, guys.

Member Awards ()

#70 the rebel

the rebel
  • Former Member
  • 1961 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 20 November 2015 - 07:39 PM

They smuggled them in through the water in many cases. So, they were the pirates. And water borne, guys.

American "pirates" and American guns non the less, some gun controls in the states would of stopped the terrorists killing innocent civilians. ;)

But indeed it is hard to monitor a land border where the IRA used those weapons but not across the Irish Sea, interesting that isn't it... Almost like our coasts are well monitored and they had to resort to oil drums packed into transit vans.

Member Awards ()

#71 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

The Invictan Formerly Known as Jorost

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Gender:Household pet that walked across the keyboard - male
  • Ruler Name:Jorost
  • Nation Name:Invicta Crownlands
  • IRC Nick:Jorost
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 20 November 2015 - 08:57 PM

Borders are porous, and they will remain so until and unless we develop the technology to literally monitor every square inch of the border, including the coastal waters, 24 hours a day. What kind of computing power are we talking for something like that? How many drones? We don't need a wall, we just need armed robot drones linked to detailed, real-time visual information. Maybe two-drone teams, one up high with the cameras, one down low to do the killing. How hard is that? COME ON APPLE.

Member Awards ()

#72 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 21 November 2015 - 06:28 AM

American "pirates" and American guns non the less, some gun controls in the states would of stopped the terrorists killing innocent civilians. ;)

But indeed it is hard to monitor a land border where the IRA used those weapons but not across the Irish Sea, interesting that isn't it... Almost like our coasts are well monitored and they had to resort to oil drums packed into transit vans.

You're joking right?

The AR-18 and Ak-47's weren't even made in the U.S. Nor was the Semtex or any of the other stuff they used. They're illegal in the U.S., have been for a while. It couldn't have been us. 

There's also the fact that they did smuggle in many of their things through water, as I've shown. Sometimes it's easier to get through one coast than it is 20 countries borders. There's also the simple fact that they could have mistaken them for a fishing ship or, could have even been using legitimate fishing trips to try to additionally smuggle weapons. Lots of criminal organizations use front companies to do their business, also helps with money laundering. Do you honestly believe that every shipping boat, every cargo ship, is not only stopped and inspected, but every single inspection would have a 100% success rate of catching contraband? People have found drugs and guns hidden in all guns of things, from people's stomachs to inside of fish to coffee cans and so on. To disguised as little figurines or broken up in to parts. 

It's crazy talk to think they could even do something like that.

Member Awards ()

#73 the rebel

the rebel
  • Former Member
  • 1961 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 21 November 2015 - 10:29 AM

George Harrison an Irish Republican who moved to the US set up a gun running network in the States and was believed to have shipped over 2,500 firearms and over 1 million rounds of ammunition from the US.

His network and others were so rife the FBI had to set up its own special unit to concentrate on the Irish paramilitaries procuring and sending weapons overseas.

------

I know you like to go around pretending to know things out of your league using simple wiki searches as the fountain of your knowledge.

Again I've shown you know fuck all about the topic like usual, so stick to your comic books.

Member Awards ()

#74 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:40 AM

George Harrison an Irish Republican who moved to the US set up a gun running network in the States and was believed to have shipped over 2,500 firearms and over 1 million rounds of ammunition from the US.

His network and others were so rife the FBI had to set up its own special unit to concentrate on the Irish paramilitaries procuring and sending weapons overseas.

------

I know you like to go around pretending to know things out of your league using simple wiki searches as the fountain of your knowledge.

Again I've shown you know fuck all about the topic like usual, so stick to your comic books.

I didn't say no weapons, I said  the weapons I showed you, such as the AR-18's and Ak-47's. Those didn't come from America. 

They obviously couldn't have all come from the U.S.

Member Awards ()

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users