• Internal Affairs: Writer
  • 6520 posts
  • Ruler Name:deadmanszpiper
  • Nation Name:Manoka
  • IRC Nick:Rawrmansz
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 November 2015 - 01:01 PM

Official Animu Thread [For all your Anime related needs!]

So now for a second thread, which is your favorite Animu's! We all know that KiWi loves Lucky Star and Haruhi, but what are your guys favorite animes?! Being internet dwellers, it's almost certain that all of us have watched and liked certain animu's before in our lives. Me personally, I find some anime to be absolutely amazing and incredible, a genre you can't find anywhere else, and then some things to be lackluster or... well, down right creepy. You can't blame the Japanese for being so fucked up though, I mean, if you were stuck on an Island, what would you do? Although, you can blame them for the fetishization of highschoolers and having an age of consent of 13. Highschool of the dead. Half of all MOE animes. Come on. You know it's true.

Anyways! I love some animu's, and like to talk about them, especially since I've gotten interested in them more recently. I generally dislike MOE animu's, if only because, I don't like shows about kids. They're fucking shows about kids and you want to put them in adult situations. Wai. WAI?! Go for college if you really want a school setting.

My favorite action Anime's have to be ghost in the shell, Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing and Trigun. Baccano, Code Geass, and Samurai Champloo were all really good and well done. In my opinion, some of the best animated work, in the world, has been mae in Anime, and Ghost in the Shell despite being about 20 years old, as well as Cowboy Bebop, holds it's own against some of the greatest movies of all time, be it Titanic or what have you. The scope, the size, they exploited animation to it's finest, giving us worlds, environments and action scenes that would have been impossible to do in real-life, conventional recording movies. Be it space battles or simply jumping over places, they stand off as animation in their own right, and also as TV shows equivalent to almost any movie. 

Then you have fan service fodder, like gurren lagann or kill la kill. Yeah, I know they do it somewhat jokingly, but still, dafuq? What is this shit? An 8 year old boy repeatedly fondles the breasts of a (I have no idea how old) woman who wears a bikini EVERYWHERE that shows off her underboob. I wonder what market this is for? Sword Art online is a 16 year old power fantasy that doesn't even make sense. He's not even more powerful for any reason. Then you've got the fucking crazy shit, like Naruto, or One Piece, Just, what even are these?

From tentacle rape to power fantasies to excessive gore to the festishization of teenagers, you also have greats, like Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the shell, with a little bit of everything good. So, what are your favorite animu's, and why?

Member Awards ()

#2 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 November 2015 - 01:08 PM

Favorite Animu's

Action

-Cowboy Bebop

-Ghost in the sell

-Hellsing

-Trigun

-Baccano

-Code Geass

-Samurai Champloo

-Escaflowne

General

-Digmon

-Sakura

-Pokemon

-princess mononoke

MOE

-Crimartie Highschool (Parody)

-Chuunibyou

-Sakura Trick

-(Maybe Nichijou)

Member Awards ()

#3 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 November 2015 - 01:13 PM

Chuunibyou has got to be my favorite, right now. I'm usually not a fan of MOE anime, but damn, it's amazing. And the random fight scenes, the crazyness? It's great. Randomly break in to fights or start going off on tangents about terrorism. 

I love it. 

Baccano and Code Geasse surprised me with how good they were, Code Geasse being a little disappointing, but still great nonetheless. Baccano was really ,really good, and I liked the action scenes and even the plot. 

Digimon is my all time favorite kid show, next to Sakura. Sakura trick is surprinsgly one of the few MOE anime's I could stand watching. Despite it's somewhat excessive fan service (although admittingly, there's not much shown outside of like, clothed action) it's probably one of the best love stories I have ever seen. Flawed, but lovable characters who start their romance with a kiss, not end it like in Disney movies, and carry it through showing the trials and tribulations of being in a relationship, the jealousy, the weird attitudes, and the general fun of it. You can really see the love between them as well, even though they're like, fake cartoons. It's almost 90% fluff, and it's biggest drawback is that it tries to appeal to, to wide an audience, imo, and that it's sort of poorly produced. Still, for a MOE anime, it's great! 

Member Awards ()

#4 KiWi

KiWi

To Be Or Not To be, Just Pick One!

• Admin: Assistant Webmaster
  • 6060 posts
  • Ruler Name:King William
  • Nation Name:Royal Nine
  • IRC Nick:KingWilliam
  • Nation Link

Posted 05 November 2015 - 01:46 AM

We just have way too different of tastes to come together.

I love Nichijou. Could we come together there. Could we move it up to "solid". And maybe "comedy" over "MOE". At least try Nichibros then? That's less MOE. More Comedy.

Or Spice & Wolf. That's *the* Invicta introduction anime. And if you call it MOE, we might have an issue. Go watch that next chance you get. (Or read it if you're cool. w/e)

Oh, also anything Studio Ghibli is good. So just watch those if you want more stuff Manoka.

No other comments at this time. Thank you.

Member Awards ()

#5 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:21 AM

*le gasp*

Nah, that's what I expected. 

But just because I don't love it, doesn't mean you can't talk about it. 

I want to hear your opinion! 

Member Awards ()

#6 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 21 November 2015 - 07:51 AM

Member Awards ()