not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Ruler Name:Thrash
  • Nation Name:Machas
  • IRC Nick:Thrash[Invicta]
  • Nation Link

Posted 03 May 2016 - 06:49 PM

I know what's gonna happen... they're gonna try to murder Trump. They can't possibly put someone else up who wasn't even part of the primary, so that's what they have left. Who are they going to blame it on though? Probably Muslims, so they can keep their neocon shit going.

Member Awards ()

#22 Haflinger

Haflinger

Flipper

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 10259 posts
  • Ruler Name:Haflinger
  • Nation Name:Llonach
  • IRC Nick:Haflinger
  • Nation Link

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:36 PM

Honestly, it's a serious possibility.

Trump's not electable. There are too many Hispanics and women in America. Now if you just got those two groups wiped out, he could do it.

Member Awards ()

#23 Shokkou

Shokkou
  • Banned
  • 1922 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:43 PM

Cruz was never electable anyway, unless we wanted a Hillary on our side of the ballot as well getting investigated by the FBI:

ChkuNDsUoAI5HJa.jpg

#24 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 May 2016 - 05:45 AM

Honestly, it's a serious possibility.

Trump's not electable. There are too many Hispanics and women in America. Now if you just got those two groups wiped out, he could do it.

Hispanics you may be right about, but with women, you are dead wrong. Just because feminists don't support him doesn't mean women don't.

Member Awards ()

#25 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

The Invictan Formerly Known as Jorost

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Gender:Household pet that walked across the keyboard - male
  • Ruler Name:Jorost
  • Nation Name:Invicta Crownlands
  • IRC Nick:Jorost
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 May 2016 - 07:00 AM

I'm very nervous about Trump. It's all well and good to say he has no chance, but we've been saying that for almost a year now and look where we are. He could absolutely win a general election. The fact that Hillary lost Indiana last night is not heartening.

Member Awards ()

#26 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 May 2016 - 08:44 AM

Hillary is a fucking criminal/fake/liar/panderer/vote buyer, etc, etc, etc and you would still prefer her over someone who speaks their mind and cares more for the country then theirself?

You are the rise of Trump. Congrats.

Member Awards ()

#27 Shokkou

Shokkou
  • Banned
  • 1922 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 08:48 AM

I'll be happy when she wins the Dem nomination only to wind up in prison during the actual election. Watching Trump ascend to office over the defeated remains of his opponents will be almost as glorious as the agonized wailing of the defeated left.

Edited by Shokkou, 04 May 2016 - 08:49 AM.

#28 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 May 2016 - 08:49 AM

Also, why don't you get some people to gather for some more "peaceful" protests, so he can gain even more votes.

People are done with the left and their game of pitting class/race/etc of people against eachother. It's time for someone who wants to do good for EVERYONE. Everyone that is a citizen, that is. Make America Great Again.

Member Awards ()

#29 Shokkou

Shokkou
  • Banned
  • 1922 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 08:53 AM

#30 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 May 2016 - 12:38 PM

Hillary is a fucking criminal/fake/liar/panderer/vote buyer, etc, etc, etc and you would still prefer her over someone who speaks their mind and cares more for the country then theirself?

You are the rise of Trump. Congrats.

Lol. Why in the world would you think Trump cares more about the country than himself? Because he says so? His entire career has been about narcissism. The only thing he has ever cared about is himself. He is the most egocentric, self-obsessed person in the world — and this is coming from me. I know something about being self-obsessed. I recognize another of my kind.

I don't like Hillary Clinton. But I think she's better than Trump. Shit Sandwich or Giant Douche? Take your pick!

Member Awards ()

#31 slimshadyinc

slimshadyinc
  • Former Member
  • 503 posts
  • Ruler Name:slimshadyinc
  • Nation Name:United Freedom State
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 May 2016 - 12:49 PM

Also, why don't you get some people to gather for some more "peaceful" protests, so he can gain even more votes.

People are done with the left and their game of pitting class/race/etc of people against eachother. It's time for someone who wants to do good for EVERYONE. Everyone that is a citizen, that is. Make America Great Again.

Yeah I don't get this. Maybe he's someone who wants to do good for everyone (who is white). But when it comes to his statements about "The Blacks" and the pig headed ways he's talked about women, not to mention the way he's talked about Hispanics and Muslims. I don't really believe he's for everyone, and mostly I think he's just for himself.

Member Awards ()

#32 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 May 2016 - 03:39 PM

He was also the driving force behind the birther movement. He's not a good person. But he's also not a conservative. In fact a lot of conservative voters might be dismayed to see the kinds of policies a Trump administration might put in place. I wonder if that will even matter?

Member Awards ()

#33 Haflinger

Haflinger

Flipper

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 10259 posts
  • Ruler Name:Haflinger
  • Nation Name:Llonach
  • IRC Nick:Haflinger
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 May 2016 - 04:16 PM

Err, Trump's a criminal too; well if you count fraud and assault as crimes anyway.

The Republican Party's best bet honestly was Rubio, but he screwed up. Trump has taken advantage of a party in serious disarray.

Most women don't generally vote for people in favour of assaulting them.

Member Awards ()

#34 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 May 2016 - 06:38 PM

You are charmingly optimistic, Haf. While a majority of women may not vote for Trump, a sizable minority will still do so. I wouldn't want to lay odds on his chances this far out (based on my track record of predicting Trump-related outcomes it would be an exercise in futility anyway), but he could absolutely win. Hillary Clinton is a deeply flawed candidate.

Member Awards ()

#35 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 May 2016 - 06:54 PM

Well gee, the only people voting for Sanders are white males, so what does that say about him?

Sanders wants to do good for the majority just as Trump does, they both just have different ways of obtaining it. Trump wants to give people jobs (all people, black, white, muslim, women) to earn money. Sanders wants to take money from rich people and give it to those who aren't rich (all people, black, white, muslim, women).

I'd rather earn my money then have it handed to me. Working makes you proud. Handouts don't. That's the big difference between voters on the right and voters on the left.

It's not my fault, or Trump's fault that you Democrats were too stupid to see that and want more of the same. More empty promises by someone who thinks they are better than you, but claims to be for you. More basing all their policy decisions on dividing people.

Member Awards ()

#36 Shokkou

Shokkou
  • Banned
  • 1922 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:57 PM

Hillary Clinton is a deeply flawed candidate.

Not only that, but she's a candidate whose flaws actually hurt her. If there's anything we've seen during these past several months, it's that no matter whether you speak about Trump positively or negatively he wins. And now that he's the sole contender for the Republican nomination? No media outlet will have the balls to pass up on the ratings they can get by covering his campaign. It's over.

#37 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 05 May 2016 - 07:43 AM

Ehh... I think you guys are both counting your chickens before they're hatched. I'm not saying Trump won't win, because he absolutely could. But it's hardly a sure thing. At this point it could go either way.

Clinton has gotten over a million more votes than Trump (8.7 million to 7.5 million) in the primaries. But Republicans have gotten more votes than Democrats overall (20 million to 15 million). It is difficult to quantify how much the "Never Trump" factor could affect the general election, but I think it's fair to say it will have an effect. The "Bernie or Bust" factor as well, although probably to a lesser extent (a large proportion of the "Bernie or Bust" types are young people, who historically vote in underwhelming numbers). Neither Trump nor Clinton are very well liked by independents, but Clinton does slightly better. In the most recent CNN/ORC polling, 41% of voters had a favorable opinion of Trump, while 56% had an unfavorable opinion; Clinton's numbers in that same poll were 48% and 49% respectively.

Bernie Sanders has not only gotten male votes. In fact, women under 40 have been voting for him over Hillary Clinton. He has not done as well with African-American and Latino voters, but it should be remembered that the Clintons have long and deep connections with both of these voting blocs; there is no reason to believe they would not vote for Sanders if he were the nominee (which seems highly unlikely). Trump voters, on the other hand, are overwhelmingly white and overwhelmingly male. He will have to broaden those demographics if he hopes to win in November.

Overall, both presumptive nominees are deeply flawed candidates with high negatives and a lot of baggage. In other words, a Shit Sandwich and a Giant Douche.

Member Awards ()

#38 Shokkou

Shokkou
  • Banned
  • 1922 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 07:47 AM

The last stage is acceptance, Jorost.

#39 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:03 AM

The last stage is acceptance, Jorost.

Heh. I came to acceptance a long time ago. In fact, there is part of me that kind of wants to see Trump win just to see what would happen. Maybe we just need to burn the whole damn thing to the ground.

Member Awards ()

#40 Shokkou

Shokkou
  • Banned
  • 1922 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:08 AM

I find it unlikely that would happen even with a Trump presidency, but baby steps. You don't expect a wet log to catch right away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users