• Foreign Diplomat
  • 317 posts
  • Ruler Name:Hi,
  • Nation Name:how
  • IRC Nick:are
  • Alliance Name:you?
  • Nation Link

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:53 PM

Last weekend I had some of the most fun I've ever had. I played a game hosted by the Megagame Society called Watch the Skies. The premise is that player groups representing countries, corporations, and newspapers in a near future scenario deal with Aliens visiting Earth. Of course some of the players will be the mysterious aliens with their own agendas. The Earth players are trying to achieve their own goals while making sure the world doesn't destroy itself by paranoia or possible alien invasion. While there are some board game elements the game is very heavy on the role playing side.

My friends and I were given Japan as our country which was awesome since we all got Gundam hats to identify each other. Our national goals were to not war with China, and have the highest PR score. We achieved the first goal easily as the eastern countries became allied in the first half of the game. The second we also achieved through my efforts in the UN, and our leader doing a good job investing in activities that boosted PR. Course this would have meant nothing if the aliens wiped us out. Thankfully one of the corporations had built a giant laser that was critical in the defense of Earth. We were victorious, but did sustain heavy damage especially in the African continent.

If you like role playing I highly recommend playing in a city near you.

#2 Redezra

Redezra

~>:BAMF:<~

• Invicta: Knight
  • 7728 posts
  • Gender:Sentient artificial intelligence - identifies as female
  • Ruler Name:Redezra
  • Nation Name:Jorostopia
  • IRC Nick:Redezra
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 15 March 2016 - 01:16 AM

I do lots of roleplaying cause I tend to be a GM-for-hire.

I also love "mafia" style games where some of the players are working to their own malicious ends... mostly cause I can see through people like they're nothing and am extremely good at fostering distrust and disunity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users