Photo

Limited Super Powers

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Limited Super Powers (6 member(s) have cast votes)

Yes?

1. Maybe. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Idk. (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

3. Flight (2 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

4. Super hearing (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Chair (3 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Manoka

Manoka
  • Internal Affairs: Writer
  • 6520 posts
  • Ruler Name:deadmanszpiper
  • Nation Name:Manoka
  • IRC Nick:Rawrmansz
  • Nation Link

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:13 AM

Super Powers

I did something similiar to this earlier where people had super powers, but they were fairly limited. The reasoning behind it was more or less becuase unlimited power makes the game too boring; if I had all the powers of God I would be like, yeah, woot, super powers! Why worry? Laser vision is a pretty weak power compared to immortality. Instead, I figure limited powers provides more of an option and discussion, and is more likely feasible, as well. So yeah!

I was gonna have a poll, but it was too small to fit in the all the ideas.

Eternal Youth

You only age to about 25-40, and you are always in perfect physical shape. You aren't exactly a bodybuilder, but you have a six pack, and are otherwise relativley athletic. You can live to about 100-125, or whatever the hayflick limit is (200 years?) since your heart, kidneys, and the like never get worse. As well, you rarely get sick, unless it's like, smallpox or something, and even then you have an incredible resistant. You're never tired and are energetic every day, but you still have to sleep, eat, and whatnot. Slightly above average height and fitness, but not super strength or anything, unless you excercise a lot and run and stuff.

Eternal Endurance

You never have to sleep, eat, drink, or anything else. There is no maintance; you don't sweat, exhale, lose water, but you don't need to since your metabolism is super efficient and you are constantly healing, and you rarely lose water or food. You can go for basically, forever without it. You're never tired, hungry, or feel weak. You can walk forever, but jogging and sprinting still tire you out, but even so, you can still walk infintely. In other words, you can always be at walking speeds in everything. You can resist tempatures between -80 and 220 degrees farenheit.

Super Strength

Your strength is x 3. You are 3 times average, at least, regardless of your size, or your strength if it's above average. You have a little bit more endurance as a result; if you lift weights and gain strength, it's like, x 3 the gains; so if you can lift 600 pounds, it's 1800, 400, it's 1200, 200 it's 600 etc. Pretty great; you can run slightly faster, but more importantly can jump about 1.75 times higher, due to the issues with square roots and velocity. Running takes some kind of athletic ability, so jumping slightly faster isn't neccesarily better, but running is easier for you. So jogging speed can be maintained for several times the speed, since your muscles can take it, but you don't neccesarily, jump run faster. Unless you can jump run well. How does this work? Idk, like you've got monkey DNA or something so your weight ot strength ratio is high and you have tripple the tendons connecting your bones and twice as many bones and they're connected better which also gives you more blood for the nutrients and energy. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Super Speed

You can run about 3 times as fast, and 3 times as long; so if you can run a 9 minute mile, you can run a 3 minute mile! If you can jog a 9 minute mile 3 times, you can run it at 3 minutes 9 times. So yeah. Also, your reaction time is about 10 times faster than what it is now; if you increase it, it increases it proportionally. Your body is also slightly tougher to take the force, but not super strong or anything. Jumping is slightly better if you have a

Limited Physical Resistance

Your body has the strength of aluminum, all soft tissue, roughly, except for your bones, which are slightly stronger than steel. You can resist falls, hitting the ground, and everything else; you have slightly stronger strength due to the fact that you are harder to break, but you aren't much above your maximum. You also heal 10 times faster, so if you are damaged, you can heal easier, and with less scarring. Also like aluminum, being cold doesn't bother you at all, while you can resist 2000+ degrees of tempature. Other properties, like flexibility too, I guess.

Telekensis

You can pick up objects that are nearly weightless. When you carry around a soft drink, it's not heavy; when you carry around a 12 pack, it is. What makes this so? When you write, you can go on for hours with a pencil without getting a cramp; when you try to carry a thousand pencils, it could easily start to damage your wrist. A base-ball isn't so bad, except when it's thrown at 90 mph, which many base-ball players get terrible injuries from. When does something nigh weightless become a burden?

Idk, exactly. But that's what you can lift. Maybe pinching, doing stuff. You can't get through human skin, but you can be weird. Also a range of about 5-10 feet.

Extreme intelligence

Nigh superhuman. 400 I.Q., a photographic memory, and near perfect recall. You can read a book and never forget it, see something and always remember, every sound, picture, noise, even thoughts or ideas never leave you; great idea in a dream, always there. What might take you a few hours of deliberation or even months comes in minutes. If you actually read the books, you can absorb their knowledge, but not neccesarily their skill. Applying it is easier, and your brain just works at least 10 times faster. You can read at 2000 wpm with perfect comprehension.

What does this grant you? Idk. Easier stuff.

Levititation

You can levitate about, idk, 20-30 feet above the ground, at about 5-10 mph maximum. About it. You can land on stuff and never die from falling I guess?

Super senses

Every sense is too dah max. You can smell as well as a bloodhound, hear as well as 50 animals combined, and see in every spectrum of light from infrared to UV. You have 20 times the vision, 100 times the hearing, can hear between 1 and 150,000 hz, and can see infrared, UV, whatever. In fact, you can see multiple things at the same time. You can smell over 3 million times better, and could pick up less than .1 grams of cocaine bured underground in coffee powder under 4 feet of concrete after 3 years and it rained a lot. You could hear a pin drop in a hurricane or blizzard. You can smell the hurricane coming from the salty air, feel the earthquakes; you always now your way north due to magnetism, and other stuff.

When in water, you can detect any living creature with electric senses like sharkes or electric eels. So yeah. True dat. Also echo location. Your senses can't be overpowered since it's magic.

Precog

You can see into the future, about 3 seconds. It's not annoying, and you see many different potential realities, and, it's not annoying. You are a mild 5th dimensional being so comprehending these extra dimensions isn't impluasible, but it's limited. You see a giant blob of time, in everything that will effect you or a person you're touching. You can maybe see slightly more. But yeah. So yep.

You also get weird visions sometimes about very vague things in the future. Better than nostradamus.

Super Vision

You can see in every spectrum; x-ray, gamma, whatever, and you can see through walls and such. You also get laser vision of approximately 1 megawatt. Why? Cuase your eyes can focus it, and your body has weird crystals in them. Also, it uses your bodily energy so, too much and you pass out from exhuastion. Maximum strength level is not what has to be done. Range is that of a dueterium flouride laser. So yeah. Cool huh?

Thermal, infrared, whatever; you can see down to cells, FUCKING CELLS, and can see their organells, and can see about 10,000 times better.

Shape shifting

You can turn into whatever human shaped thing you want, or dog or other animal. THe differenter it is, the harder it is to maintain; something 3 times your size only lasts about 5 minutes before you need a 10 minute cool down; another human could last for days unless you memorized their appearance and such super well.

You could make your penis about 18 inches long, become 9 foot tall, or appear to be 800 pounds. So yeah! No added strength benefit.

Edited by Manoka, 08 October 2013 - 06:59 PM.

Member Awards ()

#2 Haflinger

Haflinger

Flipper

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 10259 posts
  • Ruler Name:Haflinger
  • Nation Name:Llonach
  • IRC Nick:Haflinger
  • Nation Link

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:55 AM

I'm really lazy at my core. So levitation. B-)

Member Awards ()

#3 KiWi

KiWi

To Be Or Not To be, Just Pick One!

• Admin: Assistant Webmaster
  • 6060 posts
  • Ruler Name:King William
  • Nation Name:Royal Nine
  • IRC Nick:KingWilliam
  • Nation Link

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

All of the above please.

Member Awards ()

#4 PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Prince of all Saiyans

• Peer
  • 3156 posts
  • Ruler Name:Ramelon
  • Nation Name:Jotunheim
  • IRC Nick:PrinceVegeta
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:19 AM

Hmm...it's too hard to pick for me. :/

Most of these powers kinda suck to be honest. I know they're supposed to be limited..but geez. Even if I had one of these I'd be kinda displeased with them. Need more POWER.

Member Awards ()

#5 Zoli84

Zoli84
  • Former Member
  • 65 posts
  • Gender:Household pet that walked across the keyboard - male
  • Ruler Name:Zoli84
  • Nation Name:Gemer
  • Nation Link

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

Eternal youth: THIS

Eternal endurance: no. I eat, drink and sleep for the joy, too. It's a punishment, not a superpower!

Super strength: eternal youth still gives me the options I'd like... this is just too much and useless.

Super speed: it's 2013 dudes! With my eternal youth I will drive my car or take the bus and will laugh at your super speed!  :fan_1:

Limited Physical Resistance: not bad but... useless.

Telekensis: this is just... weird...

Super senses: with such a good senses you will go insane when you listen to all the people in the town while trying to sleep at night...

Precog: 3 seconds? Bah!

Super Vision: why?

Shape shifting: why would I need it with my perfect body of eternal youth?!

Member Awards ()

#6 Octavian

Octavian

Colonel of Everything

• Former Member
  • 1566 posts
  • Ruler Name:Octavian
  • Nation Name:Trimarine Islands
  • IRC Nick:Colonel_Octavian
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

Either eternal youth or extreme intelligence

Member Awards ()

#7 Conquest

Conquest
  • Former Member
  • 60 posts
  • Ruler Name:Conquest
  • Nation Name:Apocalypse
  • IRC Nick:Conquest
  • Nation Link

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

Shape shifting would be epic. Out of all of those I would easily take that. You could shift into an animal to attack someone, or if running away you could turn a corner, shape shift into an ant for 2 minutes then change back once they are like wtf?

Or you could use it to get places faster! Who needs levitation when I can turn into a bird for the 5 minute flight to class? Who needs telekinesis when I can make my arm three times as long to grab the remote when its out of reach. Who needs super senses when I can shift into an animal with great senses if I need?

Shape shifting = the way to go I think!

Time to make my own poll.....I have a good one

Member Awards ()

#8 Manoka

Manoka
  • Internal Affairs: Writer
  • 6520 posts
  • Ruler Name:deadmanszpiper
  • Nation Name:Manoka
  • IRC Nick:Rawrmansz
  • Nation Link

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:14 AM

I guess I would take Eternal Endurance.

All the time I would have if I didn't have to sleep, eat, drink; I mean not having to sleep, like, 8 hours a day are cleared up, but I'm also never tired, meaning that the times I'm usually exhuasted, like when I wake up and go to bed aren't wasted etheir. I'm not tired at all, so I can always work without issues.

I'd have like a crazy night life.

I'd be Batman.

Edited by Manoka, 18 October 2013 - 10:16 AM.

Member Awards ()

#9 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Ruler Name:Thrash
  • Nation Name:Machas
  • IRC Nick:Thrash[Invicta]
  • Nation Link

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:30 AM

Precog or Limited Physical Resistance

Does Eternal Youth mean you have to keep working all your life? If not, then I'd probably go with that. :P

Member Awards ()

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users