Manoka
  • Internal Affairs: Writer
  • 6520 posts
  • Ruler Name:deadmanszpiper
  • Nation Name:Manoka
  • IRC Nick:Rawrmansz
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:50 AM

Yeah, but that's a little too anti-human, and plus if they were so good they wouldn't go around blowing us all up, they'd give us fusion power or something to solve our problems. xP

But our governments would basically take that fusion power and continue to fuck us and our planets up - you know how it works. Gov take power for military benefits...any country would do that. I'm thinking like this. This is an ancient race of alien - call them guardians if you'd like - who have been traveling space/time for who knows how long, doing right by planets and helping the underdogs (humans) out on their way. They give us basic techniques. Wireless electricity for the egyptians/mayans/aztecs, basic skills for crop building, and what have you. Their intention was to allow us to flourish, but with guidelines, spread the "help" they gave us throughout our world in order for us to thrive....but instead that help was demolished and turned to greed. While the alien race must stop at "billions" (lets just say there are billions of planets out there with alien races) to study and help/protect them.....they also have to come back and check on their projects. Maybe they checked on us throughout the years (ufo sightings) and we were "ok" but as of recently with constant war, constant poverty, constant greed of resources...they initiated a plan to take back what is theirs as our race no longer appreciates it...thus wanting to take back control and punish us for what we have become. They are after all the elite race in time/space. 

I mean - considering what types of alien movies they have out there...............this idea really isn't that bad. 

Well... yeah xD

But if they're so futuristic I imagine they can just fix everything, especially 4500 years later with new technology; I mean imagine us in 4500 years. In about 100 years we went from horse drawn carriages to flying to the moon, computers, internet, lights, the first planes, the first jet planes, the first space planes, the first phones, the first wireless phones, the first smart phones and so on. What's the next step? What's 4500 years going to be like when technology is speeding up exponentially?

They'd be so advanced they could just come in and fix everything, why kill us all? And why punish and kill billions of innocent people who had nothing to do with it, especially if it was a government at fault; at worst they'd punish the government. With fusion technology they could produce infinite food, clean water, whatever you want, provided we had enough fuel, which it's hydrogen so, we'd have an unlimited amount. All of that would help out with war as well, so, we'd probably see it doing all that. Why grow crops when we can just create them in a lab?

Also, why not leave some aliens here, or implement them in such a manner to force it to be used as they want?

I mean they'd have great technology n stuff. 

I always wanted to make a show similar to Code Geass except with a lot more realism. All of it is like nanobots and aliens, and the mythology is more into how precusor alien technology goes to the hyper oppressive government which is how they're able to stay in power so long. 

The nanobots give them "super powers" when it's really just alien technology, and they're too stupid to know how to use it. Until your protagonist finds a lot of it, of course. xP

Member Awards ()

#22 The Speaker

The Speaker
  • Foreign Diplomat
  • 105 posts
  • Ruler Name:The Speaker
  • Nation Name:Temple of the One
  • IRC Nick:TheSpeaker
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:06 AM

I mean. 

I"m looking at it as NOW not 4500 years from now. Right now, how the world stands now. 

I would also push to say that this race, although highly intellectual and smart doesn't understand the concept of "governments" they understand the concept of races/species and left this planet knowing that they were instilling power to our race/species...as we progressed that power went to the governments/leaders and was kept from the mass of the world, but in the aliens eyes it is just seen as a human greed, which is why I feel they would work to exterminate their work........or at least rid the world of greed and instill their power and knowledge to the right people. 

Member Awards ()

#23 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:32 AM

But would killing us at random make any sense? Even if they saw things as species instead of governments, they'd surely have to know that the acts of the few don't condemn the many who never participated; in fact, it would be the average person who suffered at the hands of said governments or what have you being greedy in the first place. Why would the punish us, people who are suffering because of the problem, when it isn't our greed and we aren't getting any benefit?

I'm pretty sure, by now, they'd have realized that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the British. 

Or something. xP

Maybe it's a case of mistaken identity; we modeled our pyramids and such after evil gods, and then they mistook us for them. xP

Edited by Manoka, 11 September 2014 - 06:34 AM.

Member Awards ()

#24 The Speaker

The Speaker
  • Foreign Diplomat
  • 105 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:22 AM

I mean its not really random. 

Like I said, they sent "inspectors" to see how our planet and welfare is doing.....and it was reported back negatively to their leaders. Once they showed presence, that is when the world governments decided to go on and attack the aliens (for the typical reason of not understanding what they are) This is taken as an act of some kind of treason/disrespect to the "gods" "aliens" that gave us their knowledge.....which then leads to the global war between aliens and humans. (you gotta connect all the points....they ain't just coming and destroying, they are protecting themselves and the knowledge they passed down to us many many moons ago)

Somewhere in the retaliation a group of humans...humans who believe, humans who are willing to help and show that wonderment that these aliens saw original many moons ago, this group then befriends the aliens and the human race is given a chance yet again. Clearly, by this point the population is significantly small.....oops oh well, I didn't like my family anyway. So....they are given the chance to start again with the powers granted years ago (blamo spamo speed lighting we are in the "future" present day) and would you look at that? Population is growing steadily, self sufficiency is at an all time high, wind/solar power is being used, wireless electricity through each town.....shit is awesome. 

The alien race now realizes they should make frequent stops - but goes one further to create a colony on earth in order to constantly assist the human race to strive in the correct direction and to share knowledge of their lifetime to the humans...knowledge that they have gathered over DECADES AND DECADES (grape ya in the mouth knowledge) 

The movie ends with both species colonies living together in a new world..............

and maybe somewhere at the end another larger race comes into orbit, a race that has been working to destroy the "good" race for much time. :P or some shit. This way we can have a sequel and make more money. 

Member Awards ()

#25 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

The Invictan Formerly Known as Jorost

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Gender:Household pet that walked across the keyboard - male
  • Ruler Name:Jorost
  • Nation Name:Invicta Crownlands
  • IRC Nick:Jorost
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:44 PM

An alien race studying humanity would be like Jane Goodall studying the chimps. In fact not even that close, since humans and chimps share 99% of our DNA.

Member Awards ()

#26 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:47 PM

An alien race studying humanity would be like Jane Goodall studying the chimps. In fact not even that close, since humans and chimps share 99% of our DNA.

That's of course assuming that the difference is all genetic. xP

Member Awards ()

#27 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:54 PM

I don't think solar panels and self sufficiency would be considered that amazing... I mean fusion power means limitless power, Jupiter has 300 earth's masses worth of hydrogen so we'd basically never run out, food could be created nearly instantly in a lab instead of taking the time to grow, and we could have millions of times our current energy, which would make virtually all technological items free (from MRI scanners to computers), and things like graphene would be 200 times stronger than steel at 1/10th the weight, I mean they'd have abilities FAR beyond farming or solar panels. 

So, the humans fight back against aliens who waged genocide against them and then they think "hey, let's team up with those guys!" O.o?

I mean seriously, if the suffering is caused by that which a handful of people due to US why punish us all? You don't go in and murder all the victims to a crime, why would they be too stupid to know that? Wouldn't they have the ability to target just the governments? Maybe if the power went out inadvertently it could kill us all, or maybe even the governments end up killing us/nuking us or what have you in an attempt to fight the aliens. xP

Also, wireless electricity is cool and all, but the air is a horrible way to try to transmit electricity, and would be needlessly wasteful and fairly dangerous. Wires would be much more efficient and fairly easy to pull off, and with future materials, far more efficient than even now. xP

But yeah, it's a pretty good idea, would be better than the whole conqueror thing, at least it's done out of ideology or something rather than resources they don't need. xP

Maybe a slight adjustment in motivation. 

Herm... maybe they don't attack all of humanity, just the military and such? Would be interesting. And in the movie, they avoid killing civilians, or they get beamed up to the ship and people are like "Nuuuu!!!!" but really, they're trying to take them out of the battlefield and give them a temporary shelter during the war lol

Maybe we just think they're invaders and attack them, but really they're peaceful?

Would be interesting as to why they're naked and showed up with no weapons lol

Edited by Manoka, 11 September 2014 - 06:44 PM.

Member Awards ()

#28 The Speaker

The Speaker
  • Foreign Diplomat
  • 105 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:21 PM

You're just not understanding exactly what Im saying.....which is fine. 

Member Awards ()

#29 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 12 September 2014 - 04:26 PM

You're just not understanding exactly what Im saying.....which is fine.

Nah man, I get it, I just don't think an advanced race of aliens would punish an entire species for being victims of their own governments. xP

But who knows, maybe their ancestors made all the technology and they individually aren't smart enough to know how to make it, like a person using an iphone or a burglar driving a get away car; they don't need to know how to make it. xP

You humans, victims of rape and violence, we're going to kill you for being victims! 

"Shouldn't you just, idk, punish the rapists?"

"No fuck you, you're all going to suffer for the crimes of a small percentage of your population!"

Edited by Manoka, 12 September 2014 - 04:27 PM.

Member Awards ()

#30 The Speaker

The Speaker
  • Foreign Diplomat
  • 105 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:24 PM

I mean I thought we were talking MOVIES.................so I took a Hollywood, realistic alien movie approach. More realistic than they have these days.

If we are talking LEGIT REAL LIFE.....I would be an alien, and I would be sitting in my spaceship laughing at humans, no, actually, fuck that..............I wouldn't even think about humans because they are meaningless, worthless, creatures.

Therefore, no movie. :P

oh..edit - my previous post never went through, so it looks like i'm being a huge asshole. My bad. :P I probably waited to long while playing some minecraft. sawwwy

Member Awards ()

#31 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:29 PM

lol xD

Well, aliens might give us great technology n stuff, that might be fun. xP

Member Awards ()

#32 The Speaker

The Speaker
  • Foreign Diplomat
  • 105 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:30 AM

I mean - put yourself in the aliens shoes.

Imagine meeting humanity during its dawn, cities are being built.....people are growing. You give them a piece of your tech, something to help them out and grow even better and you iinstill on them the value of this knowledge....and you trust in them and they trust in your and maybe there is a sex scene, I don't know, but then you leave............thousands of years later you come back and here we are present day. Kinda shitty right?

As an alien...what would you do?

Member Awards ()

#33 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 13 September 2014 - 04:08 AM

Try to help them again?

Also, things are pretty good at the moment. Running water, electricity, lots of food, it's really not that horrible. xP

Member Awards ()

#34 The Speaker

The Speaker
  • Foreign Diplomat
  • 105 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 13 September 2014 - 10:10 PM

I mean from your standpoint things may be good, for you...

I mean, besides my school debt, I'm pretty good.

But there are tons of people starving....dying....ebola outbreak? Over 2k are dead in relation to that.

If you looked into tech, there are various things we can do to better our lifestyles as humans. We have he tech and the means to achieve, but we don't...we don't bc big business makes money.

For example, most police depts. (including mine) have the ability to incorporate GPS to each vehicle/unit and allow us to track them via a giant TV in our police radio room. This GPS is also can be integrated with our CAD system which is where we are connected to DMV/NYSPIN interfaces, we input calls and dispatch from our CAD. Same system is on our officers MDT's . When integrated it will recommend units UPON DISPATCH that are closer to the location police/emergency response needs to go. This would speed up police response times and help end numerous crimes before they happen OR catch suspects quicker before they get away. Why don't we and most police departments do this?

bad decision making.

Just a look at tech we have that we refuse to use.

So the basic understanding of this post is you may have it good, and I may have it good, but others don't........which is a reason the alien race may be pissed, bc they trusted us with the tech they gave.....but we don't help people out.

Member Awards ()

#35 The Speaker

The Speaker
  • Foreign Diplomat
  • 105 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 13 September 2014 - 10:12 PM

This topic is expanding

Member Awards ()

#36 lissa

lissa
  • Invicta: Knight
  • 175 posts
  • Ruler Name:Fantasia
  • Nation Name:Fantasia
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:25 AM

There always seems to be a trend in alien movies, that rather than try to come up with a logical, sensible, or at least practical scenario in which aliens would invade, with a set of rules of what the aliens are and are not capable of, instead of just cherry picking what "sci-fi" ability you want and treating it like magic instead of like there's an establish code of physics. Granted, there are major problems with most alien movies, such as, why are they here in the first place, and why would they invade us? If they can travel across the galaxy they likely have fusion and those no need for our meager resources, since Jupiter would have 300 times our earth's mass worth of hydrogen anyways, and they could probably go to other areas for dark energy or what have you to power a hyper drive and sustain a wormhole.

The question other than "why earth"; "why attack" which are more obvious.

Why are Aliens always naked?
From my experience, aliens in movies always seem to show up naked. You've got these brilliant, super intelligent beings from another planet coming towards us, but they can't quite figure out the hard pressed science of making clothes. I mean, you'd think at least if they're entering another atmosphere or space or something they would have at least considered the benefit of wearing a spacesuit or something similar. Instead nooo, we always get invaded by the nudist colonies. Think about the ramifications of that; is this some kind of weird sick pervy thing among alien conquerors, or do they just not give a shit. "I'll invade their country, risk being killed by nukes and advanced technology that we aren't aware they have, murder billions in genocide, but I'm not gonna do it out of my underwear God damn it!" Is it some kind of big "fuck you" to those being conquered, and if so why?

I think we all know signs suffers significantly from that problem. Although in District 9 and Independence day they do at least have mecha suits (which they're strangely naked inside of) and some clothing, although nothing that would pass for someone other than a stripper. Why do we always get the nudist aliens? &quot;Thank you! No thank you! ...God, how come we get all these people keep coming to our door all the time, and where do they keep coming from? Are they from the same group or what? I think this is illegal...&quot;</p>

They can travel MILLIONS of miles just to get here... But!
They seem to have trouble with pantry doors, being insufficiently advanced aliens. Why is it that aliens can master space travel, but they can't seem to fight humans; and why are the battles over in like a week? The war in Iraq has taken like 26 years, but I'm supposed ot believe that by some magic shit, whether by throwing water at them with bacteriums or what have in them, that they'll just whiter and die? Millions of miles, hyper drives, advanced technology that explodes people into dust, and it's over in like a week or two. What is up with that? Independence day, War of the World's, basically any movie and the aliens seem to be so bad at being the conquerors they supposedly are. Signs is the epitome of this problem.

Like, for them to even be able to get over here, they would require a degree of capabilities that implies the ability to make the said weapons they would use to conquer us; perquisite precursor technology to the next advancements which they apparently have. Like, nuclear power required for spaceflight, or a type of weapon other than something similar to a gun which can be operated by human hands. I mean, just makes it fantasy if you don't want to involve science at all or think about things.

Spoiler

3. How come in all the alien movies, they always end up looking like us?

Not all aliens end up looking like us- ie E.T., Predator, War of Worlds, Knowing, Criiters, Sphere, Doom, Colverfield, Starship Troopers.  I think there are a lot of movies that have aliens that don't look like us. 

As for nakedness-???  Maybe they are all nudists.

Member Awards ()

#37 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:22 PM

There always seems to be a trend in alien movies, that rather than try to come up with a logical, sensible, or at least practical scenario in which aliens would invade, with a set of rules of what the aliens are and are not capable of, instead of just cherry picking what "sci-fi" ability you want and treating it like magic instead of like there's an establish code of physics. Granted, there are major problems with most alien movies, such as, why are they here in the first place, and why would they invade us? If they can travel across the galaxy they likely have fusion and those no need for our meager resources, since Jupiter would have 300 times our earth's mass worth of hydrogen anyways, and they could probably go to other areas for dark energy or what have you to power a hyper drive and sustain a wormhole.

The question other than "why earth"; "why attack" which are more obvious.

Why are Aliens always naked?
From my experience, aliens in movies always seem to show up naked. You've got these brilliant, super intelligent beings from another planet coming towards us, but they can't quite figure out the hard pressed science of making clothes. I mean, you'd think at least if they're entering another atmosphere or space or something they would have at least considered the benefit of wearing a spacesuit or something similar. Instead nooo, we always get invaded by the nudist colonies. Think about the ramifications of that; is this some kind of weird sick pervy thing among alien conquerors, or do they just not give a shit. &quot;I'll invade their country, risk being killed by nukes and advanced technology that we aren't aware they have, murder billions in genocide, but I'm not gonna do it out of my underwear God damn it!&quot; Is it some kind of big &quot;fuck you&quot; to those being conquered, and if so why?

I think we all know signs suffers significantly from that problem. Although in District 9 and Independence day they do at least have mecha suits (which they're strangely naked inside of) and some clothing, although nothing that would pass for someone other than a stripper. Why do we always get the nudist aliens? &quot;Thank you! No thank you! ...God, how come we get all these people keep coming to our door all the time, and where do they keep coming from? Are they from the same group or what? I think this is illegal...&quot;</p>

They can travel MILLIONS of miles just to get here... But!
They seem to have trouble with pantry doors, being insufficiently advanced aliens. Why is it that aliens can master space travel, but they can't seem to fight humans; and why are the battles over in like a week? The war in Iraq has taken like 26 years, but I'm supposed ot believe that by some magic shit, whether by throwing water at them with bacteriums or what have in them, that they'll just whiter and die? Millions of miles, hyper drives, advanced technology that explodes people into dust, and it's over in like a week or two. What is up with that? Independence day, War of the World's, basically any movie and the aliens seem to be so bad at being the conquerors they supposedly are. Signs is the epitome of this problem.

Like, for them to even be able to get over here, they would require a degree of capabilities that implies the ability to make the said weapons they would use to conquer us; perquisite precursor technology to the next advancements which they apparently have. Like, nuclear power required for spaceflight, or a type of weapon other than something similar to a gun which can be operated by human hands. I mean, just makes it fantasy if you don't want to involve science at all or think about things.

Spoiler

3. How come in all the alien movies, they always end up looking like us?

Not all aliens end up looking like us- ie E.T., Predator, War of Worlds, Knowing, Criiters, Sphere, Doom, Colverfield, Starship Troopers.  I think there are a lot of movies that have aliens that don't look like us. 

As for nakedness-???  Maybe they are all nudists.

Well, ET, Predator, War of the Worlds all are human like; in war of the worlds they're basically humanoid, and in predator. Hands, feet, a single head, bipedal, as compared to idk, a squid, or a dolphin, or floating animal of some kind. 4 arms or wings or something. They were always humanish. Dinosaurs are bipedal, but they still have very obvious characteristics that make them a bird or a dinosaur. These individuals are hairless, furless, big eyed humanoid creatures, very similar to humans in almost every way. A short nose, straight forward eyes, and whatnot. 

I never saw cloverfield, but even godzilla is very human like. Doom I'm also not sure about, but Starship troopers is a good point. The slugs are human like in a way, but they are still obviously not humanoid, and they're like most of the bugs. 

Member Awards ()

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users