• 16192 posts
  • Gender:Household pet that walked across the keyboard - male
  • Ruler Name:Jorost
  • Nation Name:Invicta Crownlands
  • IRC Nick:Jorost
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

I have long been a fan of mysterious and unexplained phenomena, i.e. UFO's, ghosts, ESP, etc., etc.  I've spent a lot of time reading and studying the subject, and, more importantly, since at least the age of twelve I have actively sought out supernatural phenomena.  My best friend and I spent an inordinate amount of time in old cemeteries and supposedly haunted sites.  (And also trying to move objects by telekinesis.  But that's a separate story.)  Sadly, all my searching has never turned up anything of note.  A few raised hairs on the back of my neck maybe, but to date nothing that qualified as unexplained or supernatural.

I haven't given up, but I must admit that after over 25 years of casual, part-time effort I am beginning to get disheartened.  I mean, I don't want to be transported to the tenth level of Hell or anything, but a (non-terrifying, non-raping) ghost would be nice for all my trouble (okay maybe a little raping).

Anyone else have better luck?

Member Awards ()

#2 Jon32492

Jon32492
  • Former Member
  • 4610 posts
  • Ruler Name:Jon32492
  • Nation Name:Acorendra

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

My parents both claimed that, on different nights, they've woken up and seen a white figure hovering over their bed. My mom said it looked like an angel.

I also had a dream that my mom died of either a heart attack or cigarette related problems (can't remember which it was) about 2 or 3 months before she really did die of a heart attack. Also dreamed that my cousin's girlfriend was pregnant, then about a month or so later, everyone started saying she looked pregnant. I never told anyone about that dream except her and my cousin. But lots of people started saying it before I talked to them about it. When I did talk to them about it, they just laughed. It's been a few months since then and she hasn't gotten any bigger so I guess she wasn't really pregnant. lol. 

Anyways, I've also always been intrigued by the thought of supernatural activity, but I've never personally experienced anything myself that I believe to be supernatural. But, and I'm not trying to turn this into a religion debate thread so those of you who want to after what I'm about to say can go take a dick, I'm a religious person. I believe in God, I believe in heaven, I believe in angels, and I believe in demons. I believe spirits can visit our world and I believe they can reveal themselves to us. I have no evidence or anything to present to back that up, it's just simply my personal belief. Also, I wont entertain anyone who tries to shatter that belief, cause they can take a dick as well. 

Member Awards ()

#3 Learz

Learz

High Government

• Advisor
  • 3459 posts
  • Ruler Name:Learz
  • Nation Name:Eridani Empire
  • IRC Nick:Learz
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

http://buttersafe.co.../23/the-detour/

Jorost: log into your nation and collect taxes.

Member Awards ()

#4 PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Prince of all Saiyans

• Peer
  • 3156 posts
  • Ruler Name:Ramelon
  • Nation Name:Jotunheim
  • IRC Nick:PrinceVegeta
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

In my opinion, it's all in the brain. The brain takes account of everything we see, hear, smell, feel etc. Sometimes our brains will create things that seem familiar or even unusual. I myself used to think I had seen a ghost or the spirit of my late sister. However after having a few of these experiences, I tried to see if there was something wrong with my health, because at the time, I was very stressed out, still dealing with the loss of a loved one and I didn't know anything about this stuff, save for my father telling me "Gods trying to speak to you". Which I believed for a good while until I decided to look into a bit more. Turns out, stress can cause certain chemical reactions in the brain that can make us see people we've either lost or have been seeing for quite some time. Feel things like chills or someone touching us. Even sounds. And in rare cases, see things that we've never even thought of seeing, which sounds pretty ironic considering it's YOUR brain. Lol

There are other causes as well, not only stress. You could've been pondering over something for a while. You could've seen something on TV that was interesting enough to keep you thinking about it. Current knowledge can effect this as well. 

I would go on, but I'm already not feeling too good about this thread, considering how sensitive this topic can get and the direction of the topic drift. This is all just from what I've derived from research and past experience. I'm not here to stomp on anyone else's way of life.

Member Awards ()

#5 Manoka

Manoka
  • Internal Affairs: Writer
  • 6520 posts
  • Ruler Name:deadmanszpiper
  • Nation Name:Manoka
  • IRC Nick:Rawrmansz
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

I don't partciularly believe in ghosts, but  I think it's more than all in our head.

There's likely something there, we just don't know what it is.

For instance, aliens, there's a high possiblity they exist.

If they're hiding from us, they could just be adventurer's collecting data, or maybe even capturing us for zoos. O_o

They could just be collecting minute amounts of Thorium to power their generators.

Or maybe they're just shy; who knows?

Edited by Manoka, 04 February 2013 - 09:56 PM.

Member Awards ()

#6 PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Prince of all Saiyans

• Peer
  • 3156 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

gltUWRk.jpg

I just had to.

However, I do believe Extra-Terrestrial life does exist. Universe is just too damn big not to have anything else. And what you said, could...be a possibility. Then again, it seems rather odd.

Let the topic drift begin. :awesome:

Member Awards ()

#7 DiscJockey

DiscJockey
  • Former Member
  • 123 posts
  • Ruler Name:DiscJockey
  • Nation Name:KLRJFM
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

Oh, yes. There are Angels and demons. I think the demons are able to alter their shapes to suit their needs; I think we call them UFOs, among other things. They are really pissed because they know there will come a time when they're totally kicked out of the Heavenly realms and will have to inhabit ... whatever it is that is totally separated from God. They are always trying to trick, harm, confuse humans.

#8 King Biscuit

King Biscuit

Wanna see a dead body?

• President Emeritus
  • 6393 posts
  • Ruler Name:King Biscuit
  • Nation Name:Ovencia
  • IRC Nick:KingBeard
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

Aliens: Real

Bigfoot: Not Real

Ghosts: Maybe?

I too have spent plenty of time in graveyards and "haunted" locales.

Best I could come up with was some dust particles and a touch of Matrixing.

I used to have premonitions from time to time, but I don't see that as being Supernatural.

Member Awards ()

#9 Justavictim82

Justavictim82

Better than you

• Peer
  • 2233 posts
  • Ruler Name:justavictim82
  • Nation Name:AllaboutthePentiums
  • IRC Nick:Justavictim82[Invicta]
  • Alliance Name:Horse love
  • Nation Link

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

I have 'seen' a ghost or mysterious presence. My first aparment with my wife was an old converted doctor's office from the 1920's. The doctor commited suicide in the office after he found his wife in bed with another man. Now to those of you who think I exaggerated this......... I was not told this story until AFTER I saw him.

Member Awards ()

#10 Redezra

Redezra

~>:BAMF:<~

• Invicta: Knight
  • 7728 posts
  • Gender:Sentient artificial intelligence - identifies as female
  • Ruler Name:Redezra
  • Nation Name:Jorostopia
  • IRC Nick:Redezra
  • Nation Link

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:39 AM

I was once small and super adorable, and I believed that UFO's existed. How couldn't they? So many people saw them. I also wanted to believe ghosts existed, but my holdup was on the why. Why exactly did they hang around? Why'd they hurt people? If I was dead, I'd get people to do stuff... like write in blood on the mirror "Hey guys, there's this little coffee place down town that's to.... die for.... lol haha. But seriously, it's good coffee."

Then, I heard about a whole bunch of how people think brain wise, and basically learnt that it's derps in your brain's electrochemical working, and people just damn wanting to believe, that causes all of these incidents. And that's why they can be categorized so well, funnily enough. None of it exists.

One little but though. Aliens have to exist, probabilistically. However, they are not visiting our planet. It's too far away, too small, and... yeah there's so many reasons it's not funny. I'll put it this way, space flight is a monumental undertaking, and takes bloody forever to fly long distances. So why would someone fly for thousands of years, to poke our cows and anally probe a couple humans?

Derp derp :P

Anyways, that's my take on this.

#11 Princess xR1

Princess xR1

Total Bitch

• Former Member
  • 1631 posts
  • Ruler Name:xR1 Fatal Instinct
  • Nation Name:Brotherhood of Steel
  • IRC Nick:xR1_Fatal_Instinct
  • Nation Link

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:22 AM

In my last house, I could say that I've seen shadows and white figures walking around at night. While home alone I could hear lamps upstairs clicking on and off, but when I go up there (I was downstairs most of the time) no one was there.

I also always had troubles sleeping downstairs where my room was moved, but it all could be an overactive imagination.

Member Awards ()

#12 Haflinger

Haflinger

Flipper

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 10259 posts
  • Ruler Name:Haflinger
  • Nation Name:Llonach
  • IRC Nick:Haflinger
  • Nation Link

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:44 AM

I used to see things that would happen in the future before they happened. I wouldn't believe them, and then they would happen.

They were invariably depressing things. I don't get those visions anymore. I prefer it this way.

Member Awards ()

#13 Princess xR1

Princess xR1

Total Bitch

• Former Member
  • 1631 posts
  • Ruler Name:xR1 Fatal Instinct
  • Nation Name:Brotherhood of Steel
  • IRC Nick:xR1_Fatal_Instinct
  • Nation Link

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:51 AM

Also, back in that house... A couple hundred dollars ended up just vanishing out of my Dad's desk where he does his billing. This wouldn't be something that someone would just walk in and know where it is. This desk has many drawers, it was in my parents room, and no one was ever in our house alone. I think we ended up attributing it to an unpaid debt to my dead Grandpa.

Also as part of my religion (Lutheran), we don't believe in ghosts per say. We are firm believers that all supernatural activity is from demons. Which offers a reasonable explanation to supernatural experiences. We don't have to believe that souls are stuck in some twilight zone between Heaven and Earth. Instead, these beings are sent from Hell to pray on those to try to convert them away from God. Another interesting thing my religion believes in is that if you believe in God and profess your faith, the demon cannot enter your body or harm you.

Member Awards ()

#14 Ellis

Ellis
  • Vice-Chancellor
  • 3612 posts
  • Ruler Name:Ellis
  • Nation Name:Straccia
  • IRC Nick:Ellis
  • Nation Link

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:27 AM

Yeah, there's aliens out there, no doubt, but most of them will be in the same situation as us, space travel-wise, it's not really happening because the tech isn't there, and for any that can, the Universe is so %$#&ing big the chances of them ending up here are... astronomical :awesome:

Member Awards ()

#15 PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Prince of all Saiyans

• Peer
  • 3156 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:58 AM

I see what you did there Ellis. :awesome:

Member Awards ()

#16 Evil Rudekker

Evil Rudekker
  • 703 posts
  • Ruler Name:Rudekker
  • Nation Name:Riverwest
  • Nation Link

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

I have seen a UFO in Pewaukee, WI, with two other people.  

Couldn't tell you what it was, but it was something spectacularly beautiful.  

My brothers have told me that they've seen different kinds of UFO's too (hearsay, yes, I know, but there you go).

#17 Killman4

Killman4

Formerly known as Junior Senior Gov

• Peer
  • 1433 posts
  • Ruler Name:killman4
  • Nation Name:Suomessa on vahva
  • IRC Nick:killlman4
  • Nation Link

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

Ghosts: Yes

I've been to the Northern State Hospital in Sedro Woolley, WA. I have to say some pretty weird stuff happened when we went. For those of you who don't know, Northern State Hospital is an old mental hospital which is supposed to be the most haunted place in Washington State.

Member Awards ()

#18 Redezra

Redezra

~>:BAMF:<~

• 7728 posts
  • Gender:Sentient artificial intelligence - identifies as female
  • Ruler Name:Redezra
  • Nation Name:Jorostopia
  • IRC Nick:Redezra
  • Nation Link

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

Now, usually, at this point, I'd criticize you all for all being sucked in to mass hysteria.

But I'm not going to. I'm going to giggle, and see where you go with this.

Here I go~

*giggle*

#19 PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Prince of all Saiyans

• Peer
  • 3156 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

Like I said before. Current knowledge, and what you see can cause this stuff.

Killman I'll take your situation for example. You already know it's supposed to be the most haunted place in Washington. And if you accept that as truth, your brain will too, and will create images in order to make real of what you've decided is true. It's how the brain figures things out and understands things. It's also how the brain stores data on these things and keeps the "supernatural" stuff coming at you. 

It's like way back during the archaic ages. People back then weren't where we are, but they were creative. Whenever they saw something that wasn't normal, they believed it was something of the Gods because that's what they knew to begin with. They had no form of scientific reasoning, so they gave it meaning with whatever knowledge they had at that time. They couldn't seek for other reasons because they didn't know how yet. And then by giving it a meaning, it allowed them to be even more creative, expanding the meaning of the concept to make understanding of other things or to broaden out the individual concept into a more larger thing. 

It's not abnormal or anything, it's just being Human. We're creative, we create things. But sometimes our creativity can blind us to what is actually there. If you wanna yell at someone for fucking with your beliefs, don't yell at me, yell at the people who delved into this stuff, because I learned it from them. Don't kill the messenger. lol

Member Awards ()

#20 Killman4

Killman4

Formerly known as Junior Senior Gov

• Peer
  • 1433 posts
  • Ruler Name:killman4
  • Nation Name:Suomessa on vahva
  • IRC Nick:killlman4
  • Nation Link

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

Okay yeah, I do know that my brain was part of it, but you never know, because there is no way to prove it or deny it. Also Redezra, people can believe what they want. So what if you think different?

Member Awards ()

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: supernatural, unexplained, ufos, ghosts, esp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users