Precisely

• Former Member
  • 843 posts
  • Ruler Name:HordeLorde
  • Nation Name:Kamigawa
  • IRC Nick:HordeLorde
  • Nation Link

Posted 08 April 2016 - 02:05 AM

Hi all. So a few states have introduced bathroom bills that discriminate against the transgender community. Obviously this is egregious and downright disrespectful. The Human Rights Campaign fights for LGBT causes, and I wanted to raise some money that could be donated to that. I've also been looking for ways to supplement my income to help pay for expenses related to my transition. So I designed a simple shirt on this website. https://www.bonfiref...mdiscrimination

(the back says "Reject Restroom Discrimination")

Comes in Men's and Women's sizes.
they are $14.99 + shipping and handling
I HAVE TO SELL 15 BEFORE ANY ARE PRINTED! And I have 21 days to sell as many as I can after that (I have a goal of 100)! 50% of the profits I will donate to the Human Rights Campaign. The other 50% I will use to help pay for expenses related to my transition

#2 slimshadyinc

slimshadyinc
  • Former Member
  • 503 posts
  • Ruler Name:slimshadyinc
  • Nation Name:United Freedom State
  • Nation Link

Posted 08 April 2016 - 07:23 PM

I'll help by not voting for Republicans for at least the next decade.

Member Awards ()

#3 CeltSoldierKev

CeltSoldierKev

Triple Agent for the Queen

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 405 posts
  • Ruler Name:CeltSoldierKev
  • Nation Name:Dal Riata
  • IRC Nick:CeltSoldierKev
  • Nation Link

Posted 10 April 2016 - 11:42 PM

http://www.king5.com...r-rule/65533111

Kinda makes those laws look not so "egregious and downright disrespectful" if you ask me.  More like common sense.

Member Awards ()

#4 King Biscuit

King Biscuit

Wanna see a dead body?

• President Emeritus
  • 6393 posts
  • Ruler Name:King Biscuit
  • Nation Name:Ovencia
  • IRC Nick:KingBeard
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 April 2016 - 08:16 AM

Make all bathrooms unisex.

Problems solved.

Member Awards ()

#5 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

The Invictan Formerly Known as Jorost

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Gender:Household pet that walked across the keyboard - male
  • Ruler Name:Jorost
  • Nation Name:Invicta Crownlands
  • IRC Nick:Jorost
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 May 2016 - 07:14 AM

Our obsession with the bathroom only proves what an immature country we really are.

Gah. Too late to buy a t-shirt. 

Member Awards ()

#6 HordeLorde

HordeLorde

Precisely

• Former Member
  • 843 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 27 May 2016 - 12:56 AM

<3 @Jorost

#7 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 29 May 2016 - 02:12 PM

What kills me is that a certain subset of conservatives, let's call them "rubes," cannot get around the idea that this is "men in the women's bathroom." I don't know what it is that pisses me off so much about it. Is it the underlying assumption that any bathroom-related legislation would naturally be used for prurient interests? People have a tendency to accuse others of that which they themselves are guilty — sexual repression much, Middle America? Or is it the underlying assumption that sex and gender are the same thing, and that it is simply a matter of genetics. You're one thing or the other, and that's all you are. Very black and white. Rubes like things simple.

But the world is not that simple, and human sexuality/gender identity has a whole range of expression. It is not a case of some pervert deciding that he would "identify as a woman" so he can watch little girls pee (by the way, don't women's restrooms generally have stalls?). But interesting that that's where their minds immediately take these people.

That said, I do believe that there is a potentially legitimate possibility that some pervert might attempt to use transgender-access laws to shield himself (and let's face it, it's gonna be a dude) from punishment, but my guess is that people who are truly transgendered have an established and well-documented history as such. They are not just someone who decided on the spur of the moment to dress like a woman and use the lady's room. And besides, if you really were doing something lewd or illegal in the bathroom you would still be in trouble even if you were legitimately transgendered.

The fact is that most transgendered people would probably never even be recognized in the bathroom, and likely make an effort to keep a low profile. And it's not like women's rooms have urinals. What, do people think that women get naked out by the sinks when they're washing their hands? Maybe under the hand dryer? As far as I know, women's rooms have stalls. I have never heard of one that did not have private stalls. In fact I have never heard of any public restroom that did not have private stalls. So what exactly is everyone worried that all these fake-transgendered sex predators are going to see?

Member Awards ()

#8 Redezra

Redezra

~>:BAMF:<~

• Invicta: Knight
  • 7728 posts
  • Gender:Sentient artificial intelligence - identifies as female
  • Ruler Name:Redezra
  • Nation Name:Jorostopia
  • IRC Nick:Redezra
  • Nation Link

Posted 30 May 2016 - 01:09 AM

The worst bit is that they are specifically worried about trans-women. Not so trans-men.

People that once had a vag and now hang out in guys toilets aren't a threat, cause guys are tough and aggressive right? It's the women who are unable to defend themselves from guys.

So what this suggests to me is that this is the product of a few completely idiotic concepts:

• Gender bias believing that women are inherently weak and that guys are inherently strong
  • Individualistic bias believing that everyone is fighting everyone else for every scrap of everything, and if it wasn't for the laws that hold us apart we'd all murder eachother for whatever we could get
  • Religio-conservative ethic bias that suggests there is a right and proper way of things, that is immutable and cannot be changed.

So basically the usual triple threat that defines the overarching American Delusion. None of these things are true, there is significant evidence to suggest that they're not true, but hey let's not let that get in the way of a good bandwagoning.

I cannot wait for posthuman society. Gender means nothing when you can shift bodies at will.

#9 The Dark Empire

The Dark Empire

Lord James

• Peer
  • 3082 posts
  • Ruler Name:Lord James
  • Nation Name:The Dark Empire
  • IRC Nick:TheDarkEmpire
  • Alliance Name:Regnum Invictorum
  • Nation Link

Posted 30 May 2016 - 09:06 AM

The worst bit is that they are specifically worried about trans-women. Not so trans-men.
People that once had a vag and now hang out in guys toilets aren't a threat, cause guys are tough and aggressive right? It's the women who are unable to defend themselves from guys.

So what this suggests to me is that this is the product of a few completely idiotic concepts:

• Gender bias believing that women are inherently weak and that guys are inherently strong
  • Individualistic bias believing that everyone is fighting everyone else for every scrap of everything, and if it wasn't for the laws that hold us apart we'd all murder eachother for whatever we could get
  • Religio-conservative ethic bias that suggests there is a right and proper way of things, that is immutable and cannot be changed.
So basically the usual triple threat that defines the overarching American Delusion. None of these things are true, there is significant evidence to suggest that they're not true, but hey let's not let that get in the way of a good bandwagoning.

I cannot wait for posthuman society. Gender means nothing when you can shift bodies at will.
Well said. What it comes down to is that people are afraid of change and making accommodations for others.

Member Awards ()

#10 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 June 2016 - 09:50 AM

The thing that bothers me the most about this issue is that, for the first time, the haters are basing their objection not on what people do (e.g. gay sex), but who they are. It's troubling.

Member Awards ()

#11 HordeLorde

HordeLorde

Precisely

• Former Member
  • 843 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 06 June 2016 - 07:35 PM

It certainly isn't the first time. Blacks had to use separate restrooms because of the color of their skin. 

This whole idea is being pushed by "rubes"(as put earlier) in order to create the same kind of panic that's been created for so many other groups of Americans throughout history. (though for different reasons and using different tactics) Blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, peoples of various Asian descent, homosexuals...and yes even women have all gone through various forms of persecution. The idea is that trans people will give up and stay at home because that's where the closets are.

I do highly agree with Red on the notion that gender bias plays a role in this. Another thing I think contributes to it is the silly idea that laws solve problems, when they actually don't. I mean we have laws against all kinds of things, from running a red light to murder....and people still do all of those things. What laws really do is create consequences for those who break them. 

The following article destroys the entire argument.

The Straight Poop about Trans-women in washrooms

#12 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:32 AM

I guess I should have said "for the first time in a long time." It seemed like haters were getting more advanced and focusing their ire on things people do, with the argument that it's a matter of "choice," etc.

Bottom line: People are always looking for the group that it's okay to mistreat. Today it's transgendered people, and tomorrow...?

Member Awards ()

#13 King Biscuit

King Biscuit

Wanna see a dead body?

• President Emeritus
  • 6393 posts
  • Ruler Name:King Biscuit
  • Nation Name:Ovencia
  • IRC Nick:KingBeard
  • Nation Link

Posted 07 June 2016 - 01:41 PM

I guess I should have said "for the first time in a long time." It seemed like haters were getting more advanced and focusing their ire on things people do, with the argument that it's a matter of "choice," etc.

Bottom line: People are always looking for the group that it's okay to mistreat. Today it's transgendered people, and tomorrow...?

Bearded men in fedoras.
HIDE YO KIDS!

Member Awards ()

#14 Redezra

Redezra

~>:BAMF:<~

• Invicta: Knight
  • 7728 posts
  • Gender:Sentient artificial intelligence - identifies as female
  • Ruler Name:Redezra
  • Nation Name:Jorostopia
  • IRC Nick:Redezra
  • Nation Link

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:10 PM

Maybe we'll take a jaunt back through history and target the jews again?

#15 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:36 PM

Not far enough. Everything went to shit when Cro-Magnons took over. Neanderthals FTW!

Member Awards ()

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users