Game Over Man, Game Over!

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 Shokkou

Shokkou
  • Banned
  • 1922 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:09 AM

Is Trump running for the Libertarians or the Greens now? I'm not sure how you decided to bring this back around to him when he's not actually what we were discussing here. Maybe he's gotten into your head more than you realize.

#22 KingTopherXXIII

KingTopherXXIII
  • Invicta: Knight
  • 897 posts
  • Ruler Name:Sturm23
  • Nation Name:Sturm
  • IRC Nick:KingTopherXXIII
  • Nation Link

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:10 PM

There is a third option....Gary Johnson!

You're barking up the wrong tree here. Most of these ivory tower lefties don't believe in third options, no matter how much they may be better than the two big ones.

I will continue to bark, maybe it will wake a few people enough to see things a bit clearer.

Member Awards ()

#23 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

The Invictan Formerly Known as Jorost

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Gender:Household pet that walked across the keyboard - male
  • Ruler Name:Jorost
  • Nation Name:Invicta Crownlands
  • IRC Nick:Jorost
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:31 PM

I would love to have a legitimate third option, but Gary Johnson is just a Republican by another name. His term as governor of New Mexico was nothing special. And the same goes for the other side — the left's biggest "third party" option are the Greens, who are just slightly more hippy-dippy liberal Democrats. Their perennial candidate, Jill Stein, is about as exciting as bowl of pudding. They might put a slightly different spin on it, but for the most part the Libertarians and the Greens still adhere to the overall right-left split in this country.

At this point it is difficult to see how the rift could be healed. Another major attack on US soil maybe, but even that would ultimately descend into bickering again, just like after 9/11. Perhaps a truly catastrophic attack. 

*sighs*

It looks like I'm going to have to go all Ozymandias up in this mofo.

Member Awards ()

#24 Shokkou

Shokkou
  • Banned
  • 1922 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:23 PM

It looks like I'm going to have to go all Ozymandias up in this mofo.

Gays upon your works in despair? Or however that line goes?

Edited by Shokkou, 06 May 2016 - 09:23 PM.

#25 Redezra

Redezra

~>:BAMF:<~

• 7728 posts
  • Gender:Sentient artificial intelligence - identifies as female
  • Ruler Name:Redezra
  • Nation Name:Jorostopia
  • IRC Nick:Redezra
  • Nation Link

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:07 AM

Hey man, if nobody is telling people how to live, where's the fun? :P

In figuring it out for yourself.

AKA:

tumblr_inline_ni5quznqvk1r2oeqg.png

Hey, it's not my fault that people are peons. If people can't up and dismantle the establishment by themselves and need someone to tell them to do it for them, and can't figure out right from wrong unless a magical sky father makes that distinction for them, then I am perfectly within my rights as a total bitch to be that person and that sky father and tell them what to do and what is right and wrong. And that's because, in a terrible twist of it all, you're exactly as powerless as me to get people to do the fucking right thing once in a while.

Oh well, let's look at it this way, at least Hannity will get a chance to finish. Judging by the way he talks about Trump on Fox I think he must be preeety close to climaxing by now.

You're barking up the wrong tree here. Most of these ivory tower lefties don't believe in third options, no matter how much they may be better than the two big ones.

I'm sorry, I believe in a third option, which I've mentioned at least three times.

Redezra/Shokkou 2016

#26 Shokkou

Shokkou
  • Banned
  • 1922 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:58 AM

Hey man, if nobody is telling people how to live, where's the fun? :P

In figuring it out for yourself.

AKA:
tumblr_inline_ni5quznqvk1r2oeqg.png

Hey, it's not my fault that people are peons. If people can't up and dismantle the establishment by themselves and need someone to tell them to do it for them, and can't figure out right from wrong unless a magical sky father makes that distinction for them, then I am perfectly within my rights as a total bitch to be that person and that sky father and tell them what to do and what is right and wrong. And that's because, in a terrible twist of it all, you're exactly as powerless as me to get people to do the fucking right thing once in a while.

Oh well, let's look at it this way, at least Hannity will get a chance to finish. Judging by the way he talks about Trump on Fox I think he must be preeety close to climaxing by now.

Every bubble has to burst eventually, even if that bubble is people/society. By creating all these safety nets to protect people who can't survive on their own, we're only leaving a bigger problem behind for whoever has to foot the bill when the bubble finally does burst - to say nothing of the dependency being created on the machine that will inevitably break down.

I'm sorry, I believe in a third option, which I've mentioned at least three times.

Redezra/Shokkou 2016

Neither of us are legal to run. While I shun the "wasted vote" theory in most cases, giving your vote to a candidate who cannot legally hold office is an exception. Also what the fuck cheeky shit are you trying to pull here? Surely you meant to say Shokkou/Redezra. :icon_wink:

#27 Redezra

Redezra

~>:BAMF:<~

• 7728 posts
  • Gender:Sentient artificial intelligence - identifies as female
  • Ruler Name:Redezra
  • Nation Name:Jorostopia
  • IRC Nick:Redezra
  • Nation Link

Posted 09 May 2016 - 10:25 AM

Tbh that would make the most sense. At least you'd sound American.

#28 Justavictim82

Justavictim82

Better than you

• Peer
  • 2233 posts
  • Ruler Name:justavictim82
  • Nation Name:AllaboutthePentiums
  • IRC Nick:Justavictim82[Invicta]
  • Alliance Name:Horse love
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:02 AM

Nope just can't being myself to vote for $hillary or Trump the Ponzi scheme organizer. Gary Johnson again please.

Member Awards ()

#29 Learz

Learz

High Government

• Advisor
  • 3459 posts
  • Ruler Name:Learz
  • Nation Name:Eridani Empire
  • IRC Nick:Learz
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:06 PM

You have to give it to New York though, we tend to have the most entertaining candidates ever.

Member Awards ()

#30 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:19 PM

Nope just can't being myself to vote for $hillary or Trump the Ponzi scheme organizer. Gary Johnson again please.

The trouble with Gary Johnson is that he's just another authoritarian Republican. He was a meh governor who never could have made a presidential run in the GOP. And on the other side, Jill Stein is just an even more unrealistic version of Bernie Sanders. There are no good options. I'm writing myself in.

Member Awards ()

#31 rotty

rotty

The First 2 time Puppy President

• President Emeritus
  • 13429 posts
  • BJ Points:69696969
  • Ruler Name:rotty
  • Nation Name:Giggle
  • IRC Nick:rotty
  • Alliance Name:~ Invicta ~
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:23 PM

my write in is 'none of the above'

Member Awards ()

#32 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:26 PM

Couldn't you just not vote at all and achieve the same result?

Member Awards ()

#33 Shokkou

Shokkou
  • Banned
  • 1922 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:50 PM

No, because if you vote "none of the above" your vote is recorded. If you don't vote you basically don't exist. There is a subtle difference.

#34 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 12 May 2016 - 08:35 PM

I guess I don't see any functional difference. I suppose to send some kind of message, but it's not like there's anyone listening.

Member Awards ()

#35 rotty

rotty

The First 2 time Puppy President

• President Emeritus
  • 13429 posts
  • BJ Points:69696969
  • Ruler Name:rotty
  • Nation Name:Giggle
  • IRC Nick:rotty
  • Alliance Name:~ Invicta ~
  • Nation Link

Posted 12 May 2016 - 10:08 PM

It just makes me happy.  ;)

Member Awards ()

#36 Shokkou

Shokkou
  • Banned
  • 1922 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:43 PM

I guess I don't see any functional difference. I suppose to send some kind of message, but it's not like there's anyone listening.

But by your logic no one should ever vote because their individual vote means next to nothing on the grander scale, and yet people do vote and ultimately their votes decide things. If you don't vote, you're sending the message that you can be safely ignored. If you do vote, even for a candidate who in theory stands no chance of winning you're sending the message that you do vote and you will vote against whomever it is you don't like. If you choose not to vote, you only contribute to an idea that one or more of your demographics doesn't vote and therefore can be disregarded to allow more room to pander to another.

tl;dr if you really think no one's listening, then you stay home and don't vote

#37 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Ruler Name:Thrash
  • Nation Name:Machas
  • IRC Nick:Thrash[Invicta]
  • Nation Link

Posted 13 May 2016 - 04:15 AM

No, because if you vote "none of the above" your vote is recorded. If you don't vote you basically don't exist. There is a subtle difference.

Yeah. Even dead Democrats vote in droves. :P

Member Awards ()

#38 Shokkou

Shokkou
  • Banned
  • 1922 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 10:23 AM

Yeah. Even dead Democrats vote in droves. :P

Democrats don't actually die. Their skin just turns more tan and they forget how to speak English.

#39 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 13 May 2016 - 11:09 AM

But by your logic no one should ever vote because their individual vote means next to nothing on the grander scale, and yet people do vote and ultimately their votes decide things. If you don't vote, you're sending the message that you can be safely ignored. If you do vote, even for a candidate who in theory stands no chance of winning you're sending the message that you do vote and you will vote against whomever it is you don't like. If you choose not to vote, you only contribute to an idea that one or more of your demographics doesn't vote and therefore can be disregarded to allow more room to pander to another.

tl;dr if you really think no one's listening, then you stay home and don't vote

Due to the electoral college many people's votes are effectively meaningless in presidential elections. There is really no point in my voting for president, for example, because I live in Massachusetts, a state which will reliably vote for the Democrat in every circumstance. The same is true for someone who lives in a state like, say, Alabama, which will vote for the Republican in every circumstance.

If you cast a blank ballot, no vote is counted. But they don't know that you, a specific individual, cast a blank ballot. They can look at the overall numbers and see that ten thousand people cast blank ballots, and yes, collectively that might send some kind of message, but the numbers would have to be significant before anyone would start paying attention. I'd kind of like to see it, actually, but I'm not holding my breath.

If anyone was listening we never would have gotten into this situation in the first place, with the two worst candidates in living memory. Like I said, I'm writing myself in.

Member Awards ()

#40 KingTopherXXIII

KingTopherXXIII
  • 897 posts
  • Ruler Name:Sturm23
  • Nation Name:Sturm
  • IRC Nick:KingTopherXXIII
  • Nation Link

Posted 13 May 2016 - 11:31 AM

Johnson......

Edited by KingTopherXXIII, 13 May 2016 - 11:41 AM.

Member Awards ()

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users