• Foreign Diplomat
  • 757 posts
  • Ruler Name:GeniusInc
  • Nation Name:Aurecaelo
  • IRC Nick:GeniusInc
  • Alliance Name:NPO
  • Nation Link

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:14 PM

The whole thing is interesting, but the last minute is the important part.

Member Awards ()

#2 PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Prince of all Saiyans

• Peer
  • 3156 posts
  • Ruler Name:Ramelon
  • Nation Name:Jotunheim
  • IRC Nick:PrinceVegeta
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:02 PM

Oh boy...a religion thread. 

Only thing I really disagree with is the notion that everything had to be created by something, or someone. Who are we, at our level of intelligence able to even make that statement? We all know, this Universe, thing we're in is full of mind blowing stuff, a lot of which we have of yet to discover and comprehend. We can't just make a statement like that without any proof that everything that exists is the product of another existence because we haven't discovered and understood everything that exists.

Things to me would probably move along smoother if we all thought like this. We're not smart enough to say their is a God, and we shouldn't be divided up in stance on the matter, because that causes controversy, which as we can see, causes some bad things to go down. So, let's try this. There isn't a God, until we find evidence of one. If we can all stay on that track then we can come together as one, and as the human race, search for the evidence. If we do find this evidence, and it is tried and true, then we can follow suit as necessary, if not, then we keep searching, but until then, we should keep ourselves together, on one accord, in order to keep moving forward and keep some kind of peace within our people. 

Division is death.

But you know, that's all just a dream. :(

Member Awards ()

#3 Imperial Sparta

Imperial Sparta

God of War

• President Emeritus
  • 910 posts
  • Ruler Name:Psych21
  • Nation Name:Imperial Sparta
  • IRC Nick:Imperial_Sparta
  • Nation Link

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:39 PM

Hey it's Swoozie! Never imagined I would see him on these forums.

Imperial Sparta

#4 Ellis

Ellis
  • Vice-Chancellor
  • 3612 posts
  • Ruler Name:Ellis
  • Nation Name:Straccia
  • IRC Nick:Ellis
  • Nation Link

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:40 PM

tumblr_mpzttwaVU91sp9fcho1_500.gif

Member Awards ()

#5 Ellis

Ellis
  • Vice-Chancellor
  • 3612 posts
  • Ruler Name:Ellis
  • Nation Name:Straccia
  • IRC Nick:Ellis
  • Nation Link

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:45 PM

Only thing I really disagree with is the notion that everything had to be created by something, or someone. Who are we, at our level of intelligence able to even make that statement? We all know, this Universe, thing we're in is full of mind blowing stuff, a lot of which we have of yet to discover and comprehend. We can't just make a statement like that without any proof that everything that exists is the product of another existence because we haven't discovered and understood everything that exists.

Things to me would probably move along smoother if we all thought like this. We're not smart enough to say their is a God, and we shouldn't be divided up in stance on the matter, because that causes controversy, which as we can see, causes some bad things to go down. So, let's try this. There isn't a God, until we find evidence of one. If we can all stay on that track then we can come together as one, and as the human race, search for the evidence. If we do find this evidence, and it is tried and true, then we can follow suit as necessary, if not, then we keep searching, but until then, we should keep ourselves together, on one accord, in order to keep moving forward and keep some kind of peace within our people. 

Division is death.

Dammit, now I gotta respond, too :P

I think you'll find the problem is that in the absence (and probable future absence) of a giant ever-burning sign on the Moon saying 'God was here', people aren't going to agree what constitutes evidence, and what doesn't :nyancat:

Member Awards ()

#6 linkkjm

linkkjm

Nascar is Daddy

• Former Member
  • 739 posts
  • Ruler Name:linkkjm
  • Nation Name:Daft Republic
  • IRC Nick:linkkjm|Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:45 PM

I live a strict Agnostic lifestyle. Therefore, I don't know.

Close the thread.

#7 Jon32492

Jon32492
  • Former Member
  • 4610 posts
  • Ruler Name:Jon32492
  • Nation Name:Acorendra

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:30 AM

Exactly what I thought as soon as I saw the title.

You know what kinda shit storm is about to happen?

Member Awards ()

#8 PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Prince of all Saiyans

• Peer
  • 3156 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:38 AM

Well the thread was locked so I assumed there wouldn't be any shitstorm.

However, someone unlocked it so.

If you need me, I'll be in the underground shelter, waiting out the war. :P

Member Awards ()

#9 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

The Invictan Formerly Known as Jorost

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Gender:Household pet that walked across the keyboard - male
  • Ruler Name:Jorost
  • Nation Name:Invicta Crownlands
  • IRC Nick:Jorost
  • Nation Link

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:28 AM

Haha.  We have had a lot of religion threads on these forums over the years, and they can get heated.  Which is too bad, because it's an inherently interesting subject.  At some point, probably later tonight when I have partaken of some strange and become philosophical, I will likely have a lot more to say about this.  :grin:  But in the meantime I'll leave it with one of my favorite summations of the topic: 

I don't know, and neither do you.

Member Awards ()

#10 Redezra

Redezra

~>:BAMF:<~

• Invicta: Knight
  • 7728 posts
  • Gender:Sentient artificial intelligence - identifies as female
  • Ruler Name:Redezra
  • Nation Name:Jorostopia
  • IRC Nick:Redezra
  • Nation Link

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:17 AM

WARNING!

YOU ARE NOW ENTERING A RELIGION LIVE FIRE ZONE!

REDEZRA WILL NUKE THE FUCK OUT OF YOUR OPINION FROM ORBIT IF YOU CONTINUE.

NOTHING WILL BE HELD SACRED. EXPECT PERSONAL ATTACKS, DERISION, AND ETC. 

THIS IS YOUR ONE AND ONLY WARNING

ABANDON ALL HOPE, YE WHO ENTER HERE

K, so, there's the sign. I would highly suggest you stop now, we all know where this goes.

#11 Manoka

Manoka
  • Internal Affairs: Writer
  • 6520 posts
  • Ruler Name:deadmanszpiper
  • Nation Name:Manoka
  • IRC Nick:Rawrmansz
  • Nation Link

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:25 AM

I don't really exactly believe in a God or not, but.

From nothigness, came everything. With no laws of physics, no rules, no matter, anything can happen; in the void, it is devoid of any type of rules, space, anything, so anything can happen. From chaos, comes anything and everything; given a long enough period of time, everything will happen. And one of those things will be order. By the sheer power of order, once it is in place, it continues to perport order, and thus nothingness does ever return, by the virtue of the order that keeps equiviliant exchange (cannot be created or destroyed), and so on, until the universe reaches stability, the rules inventing themselves until the kink is worked out, so to speak. As soon as this occurs, we get the big bang. 

But, like always, everything happened; everything. And the most powerful entitiy wins out, be this God, the laws of a physics, some form of consciousness, be this 10 or 20 Gods. The most powerful entity places it's rule, and is never replaced once physics are established.

Thus from chaos, came everything, which came order, and potentially God. From there came the laws of physics, preventing a new God from being sprung up by the Chaos. Thus when the first bit of order was established, there was no more nothingness to spawn alternative Gods. We are bound by the laws of physics.

Thus, if the unvierse began as nothing, and randomly turned into something, how could this not be God?

The reality is that God could have been created, the only conscious entity of choice back when there were no laws of physics, choosing and deciding to make things as they are now, or it could have been completely random. Since an entire universe sprang up, maybe many, from this void, so to may have God.

Edited by Manoka, 16 August 2013 - 09:28 AM.

Member Awards ()

#12 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:26 AM

There are plenty of ways to discuss religion without things getting nasty.  We've never managed to find one, but I am assured they do exist!

Member Awards ()

#13 Redezra

Redezra

• 7728 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:30 AM

Yeah but you know how trigger happy I am. Relating to a post about sexuality being a defect, yeah that's the part that considers religious thought a defect. It's very fond of that word. "Defect". And defective.

#14 Manoka

Manoka
  • Internal Affairs: Writer
  • 6520 posts
  • Ruler Name:deadmanszpiper
  • Nation Name:Manoka
  • IRC Nick:Rawrmansz
  • Nation Link

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:34 AM

Yeah but you know how trigger happy I am. Relating to a post about sexuality being a defect, yeah that's the part that considers religious thought a defect. It's very fond of that word. "Defect". And defective.

In effect, they just think they shouldn't marry, due to the sacred bond and all that, not that they're bad or evil; religion isn't calling for their death at all.

Who cares if certain people aren't included in various rituals by some religious custom that by some arbitriary measure states, technically, these two people can't do X but they can love each other and live normally?

Edited by Manoka, 16 August 2013 - 09:36 AM.

Member Awards ()

#15 Redezra

Redezra

• 7728 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:37 AM

The video in the opening post, by the way, was extremely painful to listen to. Like, extremely painful. 

"Nah mans, I couldn't deal with an oversimplified, shit-ass logic reason for god to exist, so here's an oversimplified, shit-ass logic reason for god's existence"

Derpa freaking durr.

#16 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:59 AM

I saw a cartoon recently showing God looking down on Earth and saying, "Seriously?  You're still killing each other in my name?  That's literally the FIRST thing I told you not to do!"

Member Awards ()

#17 Redezra

Redezra

• 7728 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

Yahp :P

#18 PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Prince of all Saiyans

• Peer
  • 3156 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:33 PM

Division is death.

Dammit, now I gotta respond, too :P

I think you'll find the problem is that in the absence (and probable future absence) of a giant ever-burning sign on the Moon saying 'God was here', people aren't going to agree what constitutes evidence, and what doesn't :nyancat:

I forgot to reply. :(

I do sorta agree with you. It will be hard to find out what really makes a God if one were to exist. We'd only be able to go based off of our histories God's, and that's pretty limited when you look at how small we are compared to everything else. However, during the time that we're searching for this God, we're together on it. Regardless of whether we find evidence that could lead to it or not, we're a developing race now, full steam ahead. We're not warring with each other, and as we search, we expand our races influence, while also interacting with other races, whom may also be looking for what we are looking for, or might have some knowledge on the subject that we haven't come across to know of yet, or maybe they don't give a shit, doesn't matter.

So really, the main goal isn't to find some God, it's to unite mankind and progress forward. The looking for God part is kinda just there to satisfy folks who really don't want to discount its existence fully. 

Member Awards ()

#19 Lord Draculea

Lord Draculea
  • Former Member
  • 1087 posts
  • Ruler Name:Lord Draculea
  • Nation Name:Romania
  • IRC Nick:LordDraculea
  • Nation Link

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:11 AM

I've been through the experience of a developing Religion topic before, and yes, things got really nasty. One guy ended up having his warning level raised so badly that he couldn't post anymore (unless his posts were approved by a moderator). Another guy ended up making such nasty insulting posts that he later became so embarrassed by what he said that he stopped posting for weeks. So yeah!  :D

#20 Phate

Phate
  • Admin: Assistant Webmaster
  • 3108 posts
  • Gender:Sentient artificial intelligence - identifies as male
  • BJ Points:Over 9000
  • Ruler Name:phate408
  • Nation Name:Belgrade
  • IRC Nick:Phate
  • Nation Link

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:11 AM

WARNING!

YOU ARE NOW ENTERING A RELIGION LIVE FIRE ZONE!

REDEZRA WILL NUKE THE FUCK OUT OF YOUR OPINION FROM ORBIT IF YOU CONTINUE.

NOTHING WILL BE HELD SACRED. EXPECT PERSONAL ATTACKS, DERISION, AND ETC. 

THIS IS YOUR ONE AND ONLY WARNING

ABANDON ALL HOPE, YE WHO ENTER HERE

K, so, there's the sign. I would highly suggest you stop now, we all know where this goes.

That is a thoroughly awesome sign.

Member Awards ()

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users