• Peer
  • 2233 posts
  • Ruler Name:justavictim82
  • Nation Name:AllaboutthePentiums
  • IRC Nick:Justavictim82[Invicta]
  • Alliance Name:Horse love
  • Nation Link

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:28 PM

As much of a shoe-in as Democratic governors in Massachusetts and Maryland? Remember, 2 years is a long ways a way. A lot can happen before then.

This man speaks the truth. 6 months is a long way out. Just ask John McCain

Member Awards ()

#22 Redezra

Redezra

~>:BAMF:<~

• Invicta: Knight
  • 7728 posts
  • Gender:Sentient artificial intelligence - identifies as female
  • Ruler Name:Redezra
  • Nation Name:Jorostopia
  • IRC Nick:Redezra
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:12 AM

:<

But, but....

Female president :3

#23 CeltSoldierKev

CeltSoldierKev

Triple Agent for the Queen

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 405 posts
  • Ruler Name:CeltSoldierKev
  • Nation Name:Dal Riata
  • IRC Nick:CeltSoldierKev
  • Nation Link

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:19 AM

So by that logic... All male voters should vote for the male candidate? Gender has nothing to do with one's qualifications.

Member Awards ()

#24 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

The Invictan Formerly Known as Jorost

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Gender:Household pet that walked across the keyboard - male
  • Ruler Name:Jorost
  • Nation Name:Invicta Crownlands
  • IRC Nick:Jorost
  • Nation Link

Posted 07 November 2014 - 08:11 AM

Most male voters do vote for the male candidate.

Gender plays a part, just as it plays a part in every aspect of life. Men and women are different — we think differently, we approach problems differently, we prioritize things differently. To pretend otherwise is just silly. Every four-year-old knows there's a difference between boys and girls, and not just physically. It shouldn't be the ONLY consideration, of course, and maybe it's not even the most important one. But there's definitely something to be said for getting more women involved in politics. The population is divided about 50/50 (actually 49.1/50.9 in favor of women according to the 2010 census), so why aren't there 50 female senators and 218 female representatives? Women just aren't as interested in politics, some might say. Others point to the adversarial nature of the process and say that women dislike this aspect more than men. Those things may be true. But other countries, particularly in Scandinavia, have achieved parity in the representation of men and women, so it can be done. I would love to see how much that alone would change the system, probably for the better.

TL;DR: American politics is a sausage fest. MOAR BOOBIEZ.

Member Awards ()

#25 Shokkou

Shokkou
  • Banned
  • 1922 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:58 AM

But, but....

Yeah. Let's all vote for a candidate because they fit a demographic and not, you know, because of their qualifications and political ideology. People who clamor to vote for someone because "omg female president" or "omg black president" disgust me. Ideally gender and ethnicity ought not even be a consideration.

#26 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Ruler Name:Thrash
  • Nation Name:Machas
  • IRC Nick:Thrash[Invicta]
  • Nation Link

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:37 PM

I'm not sure what you think auditing the Fed will accomplish anyway. It would just be a huge political sideshow and waste of taxpayer money. I thought Republicans were supposed to be the fiscally conservative party.

Let me ask you something. Do you find yourself paying a lot more for things nowadays?

They are vicious, angry, trivially moral, small-minded, racist, homophobic, intolerant of change in general. They want, as Matt Taibbi said, to take their ball and go home. The Democrats are no prize, don't get me wrong; but the Republicans in their current iteration are a blight on the American nation.

I'm offended.

But the real power, the Big Money, will continue to wield an iron grip on the American political system until and unless private money is removed from the political process entirely.

This is the only thing in all that you said that I agree with.

Member Awards ()

#27 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 07 November 2014 - 07:07 PM

When I talk about Republicans, I don't mean you, Thrash. Nor most of the voters. I'm talking about the politicians. The people we (well, you) elect. You can't tell me that most of those guys aren't total assholes. Democrats elect pussies, Republicans elect assholes. That's how it works.

As for the Fed, I'm not sure I want to get into whatever inflation conspiracy theory you've bought into. The Fed is not the secret shadow government. That's Wall Street. I am confident that the decision makers at the Fed base their policies on what they genuinely believe will be to the economy's benefit, but economics is a crap shoot. Which is not to say that individuals within the Fed may not be influenced by associations on Wall Street. But that's the nature of the system. People move from regulatory agencies to private industry, and back again, all the time. It's a ridiculous way to do things, and we should get rid of it, but it's not illegal.

I guess all I'm saying is that the Fed is a symptom, not the cause. Launching some witch hunt will do nothing to change the underlying problems, and will only be used as a shield to protect the real power players, i.e. the big banks, corporations, and the billionaires that control them. I like your pitchfork-and-torches attitude, but I think you've set your sights too low. If you want to launch a huge investigation, have open congressional inquiries into what goes on in the high stakes financial sector. Investigate Wall Street.

Member Awards ()

#28 Redezra

Redezra

• 7728 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:29 AM

But, but....

Yeah. Let's all vote for a candidate because they fit a demographic and not, you know, because of their qualifications and political ideology. People who clamor to vote for someone because "omg female president" or "omg black president" disgust me. Ideally gender and ethnicity ought not even be a consideration.

My point is that then you'd be able to say you had one, and the world would think you're a lot cooler.

Plus as far as I'm concerned, she's the lesser evil. I'm just pointing out the nonpolitical reason.

#29 Shokkou

Shokkou
  • Banned
  • 1922 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:23 AM

But, but....

My point is that then you'd be able to say you had one, and the world would think you're a lot cooler.

Plus as far as I'm concerned, she's the lesser evil. I'm just pointing out the nonpolitical reason.

I don't care about being able to say we've had one, I don't care what the world thinks, and I don't think she's the lesser evil.

#30 King Biscuit

King Biscuit

Wanna see a dead body?

• President Emeritus
  • 6393 posts
  • Ruler Name:King Biscuit
  • Nation Name:Ovencia
  • IRC Nick:KingBeard
  • Nation Link

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:17 PM

When I talk about Republicans, I don't mean you, Thrash. Nor most of the voters. I'm talking about the politicians. The people we (well, you) elect. You can't tell me that most of those guys aren't total assholes. Democrats elect pussies, Republicans elect assholes. That's how it works.

And the dicks are Corporate Interests.

Member Awards ()

#31 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 08 November 2014 - 06:28 PM

Yeah that about sums it up.

Member Awards ()

#32 Redezra

Redezra

• 7728 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 09 November 2014 - 07:59 AM

But, but....

I don't care about being able to say we've had one, I don't care what the world thinks, and I don't think she's the lesser evil.

Right so... who's the lesser evil?

The crazy religious nut? The guy willing to sell the entire human race down the river for a profit in their lifetime? Who? Cause it sure as fuck isn't the Greens, as they're never getting in.

Clinton may be on the selling humanity down river bandwagon, but at least she might actually make some changes that may just prolong hopeless doom long enough for us to do something about it.

Edited by Redezra, 09 November 2014 - 08:00 AM.

#33 CeltSoldierKev

CeltSoldierKev

Triple Agent for the Queen

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 405 posts
  • Ruler Name:CeltSoldierKev
  • Nation Name:Dal Riata
  • IRC Nick:CeltSoldierKev
  • Nation Link

Posted 09 November 2014 - 09:38 AM

If you think she is that great, then convince her to move to Australia and run for office there. I mean honestly, why do we give 2 shits about who foreigners think we should elect. And, just as important, why do you care? There are a multitude of reasons why I do not believe she would be good. But in direct response to your question, how can we know who the lesser evil is, when we don't know who the candidates are going to be.

Member Awards ()

#34 Shokkou

Shokkou
  • Banned
  • 1922 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:02 PM

But, but....

Right so... who's the lesser evil?

The crazy religious nut? The guy willing to sell the entire human race down the river for a profit in their lifetime? Who? Cause it sure as fuck isn't the Greens, as they're never getting in.

Clinton may be on the selling humanity down river bandwagon, but at least she might actually make some changes that may just prolong hopeless doom long enough for us to do something about it.

I-dont-believe-you.gif

#35 Redezra

Redezra

• 7728 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 09 November 2014 - 09:07 PM

What part, that she might be vaguely better than anyone else or that in about a hundred years at the present rate earth will suffer a mass extinction event?

#36 Shokkou

Shokkou
  • Banned
  • 1922 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 09:36 PM

I bolded the part I felt you failed to provide sufficient evidence on, but by all means bring fear mongering into this.

#37 Redezra

Redezra

• 7728 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 09 November 2014 - 11:24 PM

What fear mongering? It's like, conclusive by this point :P It's the only reason I care atm.

I mean, I can't be the immortal dictator of mankind if they're all dead

Edited by Redezra, 09 November 2014 - 11:25 PM.

#38 Shokkou

Shokkou
  • Banned
  • 1922 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 11:33 PM

Irrelevant. You made a claim about Hillary's qualifications for the presidency. You then chose to bring up mass extinction rather than give any actual backing to your previous statement.

If one were to speculate on the reason for this, they might come to the conclusion that it is because you have nothing to back up such a claim.

#39 Redezra

Redezra

• 7728 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 10 November 2014 - 12:29 AM

Now hold on a second, the Democrats are not the ones denying science. That in itself makes her the better choice in a two party system.

#40 Shokkou

Shokkou
  • Banned
  • 1922 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 01:35 AM

We're not talking about the Democrats. We're talking about one specific person. Be more specific in supporting your claims.

Also, we only have a two party system as long as people blindly choose to view it as such. If I think there is another candidate who better fits my political ideology, I will vote for them even if they are not one of the "big two."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users