• Admin: Assistant Webmaster
  • 6060 posts
  • Ruler Name:King William
  • Nation Name:Royal Nine
  • IRC Nick:KingWilliam
  • Nation Link

Posted 01 April 2016 - 10:02 PM

Do your taxes.

And don't be a dumbass. I was, and paid to have them done but... I just wanted them done.

Next year I'm doing it like a grown up, and just paying for a stamp(s).

Member Awards ()

#2 Killman4

Killman4

Formerly known as Junior Senior Gov

• Peer
  • 1433 posts
  • Gender:Household pet that walked across the keyboard - male
  • Ruler Name:killman4
  • Nation Name:Suomessa on vahva
  • IRC Nick:killlman4
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 01 April 2016 - 10:08 PM

Feels good when I don't have to do taxes

Feels bad when school takes up too much time for a job to actually qualify for taxes

Member Awards ()

#3 Allant

Allant
  • Former Member
  • 207 posts
  • Ruler Name:Allant I
  • Nation Name:Paxico
  • Alliance Name:The Legion
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 April 2016 - 12:26 AM

Why did you pay? I made a whole damn thread about how to get the done for free! 

#4 KiWi

KiWi

To Be Or Not To be, Just Pick One!

• Admin: Assistant Webmaster
  • 6060 posts
  • Ruler Name:King William
  • Nation Name:Royal Nine
  • IRC Nick:KingWilliam
  • Nation Link

Posted 03 April 2016 - 06:44 PM

LIKE I READ THAT.

(Well. I did, but I didn't recall/just continually didn't do the reading up myself/set up a printer to print the form or whatever since iirc that's what you gotta do).

So I realized it was already April, and just did it. I don't need to get in trouble for the Pocket change I actually had to pay in taxes (I'm getting ~500$ back).

Member Awards ()

#5 slimshadyinc

slimshadyinc
  • Former Member
  • 503 posts
  • Ruler Name:slimshadyinc
  • Nation Name:United Freedom State
  • Nation Link

Posted 03 April 2016 - 08:03 PM

I'm pretty sure you can do it online and not use snail mail

Member Awards ()

#6 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Ruler Name:Thrash
  • Nation Name:Machas
  • IRC Nick:Thrash[Invicta]
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 April 2016 - 11:33 AM

Anyone can get them done for free if you can file a short form, but most older people have too many other things that require using the long form.

In addition to my multiple W2s, I had 1099-G, 1099-R, 1099-C, 1099-DIV, 1099-INT, 1099-B, 1098, charitable contributions, local taxes.. 

Member Awards ()

#7 Allant

Allant
  • Former Member
  • 207 posts
  • Ruler Name:Allant I
  • Nation Name:Paxico
  • Alliance Name:The Legion
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 April 2016 - 05:26 PM

Anyone can get them done for free if you can file a short form, but most older people have too many other things that require using the long form.

In addition to my multiple W2s, I had 1099-G, 1099-R, 1099-C, 1099-DIV, 1099-INT, 1099-B, 1098, charitable contributions, local taxes.. 

Which can all easily be done free. I've spent the last 2 months doing all of this,

"VITA is geared towards low-moderate income individuals/families. As a general rule if the household's income is $53,000 $55,000 or less we prepare and file for free (seriously don't try to pay us) though we often had $60,000 as the max.Some sites have no limit and If your 60+ there never is a limit. We basically just do the same work as H&R Block but for free. You come in give us your crap and boom, taxes filed. Every year it requires a minimum of 20 hours of training though in practice always more and we work together, at least 2 volunteers will go over your taxes. My fellow volunteers are usually 3x my age and old tax pros. Also the IRS mystery shops us so we are pretty hardcore about rules. 

As far as volunteering, you can either Google "VITA tax" in your state, call 2-1-1 and ask where the nearest year long site is open and ask those guys. Or you can let me know your state and/or city and I will ask my tax sensei"  

Link: http://cn-invicta.co...showtopic=15781

Edited by Allant, 04 April 2016 - 05:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users