Rat Bastard

• Advisor
  • 2333 posts
  • Ruler Name:ShotgunWilly
  • Nation Name:Klein Republic
  • IRC Nick:ShotgunWilly
  • Nation Link

Posted 10 November 2016 - 06:05 PM

As Learz, sharing this article here not because I agree with the arguments it presents, but because I feel it's relevant to the post-mortem thread: I’m a Muslim, a woman and an immigrant. I voted for Trump.

The only comment I'll make is that this might be the first time I've ever heard Donald Trump described as 'subtle.'

99% certain over here that that was a bit of textual sarcasm on her part, lol.

Interesting though. 

Member Awards ()

#22 Shotgun Willy

Shotgun Willy

Rat Bastard

• Advisor
  • 2333 posts
  • Ruler Name:ShotgunWilly
  • Nation Name:Klein Republic
  • IRC Nick:ShotgunWilly
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:05 PM

https://www.facebook...44777035645189/

I think this video makes some good points. Good to watch. Quite a bit of language though, if you  mind that sort of thing.

Won't lie though, I spent at least half the video focusing more on that inception TV screen behind him.... lol

Member Awards ()

#23 Learz

Learz

High Government

• Advisor
  • 3459 posts
  • Ruler Name:Learz
  • Nation Name:Eridani Empire
  • IRC Nick:Learz
  • Nation Link

Posted 12 November 2016 - 01:10 AM

You know the drill :P

Member Awards ()

#24 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Ruler Name:Thrash
  • Nation Name:Machas
  • IRC Nick:Thrash[Invicta]
  • Nation Link

Posted 14 November 2016 - 08:29 AM

sorry but felt the need to get back in this as I knew it would only be a matter of time before the truth came out.   There Is No Violent Hate-Crimewave in 'Trump's America'

Sure, it's a blog, but there are plenty of links and proof for you to see.

Member Awards ()

#25 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 14 November 2016 - 11:03 PM

Not saying it doesn't/hasn't happened, I'm sure it has, but there is a prevalent amount of fake stories going around, which discredits the real ones. The one thing that hasn't happened though is fake stories of Trump people being assaulted or discriminated against. Those are all true, so far. How do I know this? Because I look at both sides and don't live in the now famous echo chamber. I'm not here to get SJW points. I'm here to do what's right for everyone. I stand up for anyone who's been wronged, that includes standing up for people based on who they have sex with, the color of their skin or the religion they choose to follow, but I'm sure as shit not going to get involved in some witch-hunt. There's a big difference in seeing reality and defending those who were wronged and just thinking that ALL people who are something "else" are going to be wronged.

I was afraid as hell to admit to anyone at work over the past year I was voting for Trump, sat through all the conversations of "trump people are idiots", watched all the videos they showed me of entertainment people bashing Trump, stayed quiet during all the "trump people are racist" comments, until election night. Then I made it known it was who I voted for. Not to gloat in victory, but to show that I'm just the same as you all. And you know what, no one treats me any different now. I had no reason to be afraid, I didn't need a safe space. Am I surprised? Yes. It just shows that we all care about eachother and any shit that you hear about is few and far between, it's just stupid social media and the MSM that blows it out of proportion. Why? Ratings and money.

If I see a black person being beaten by a white mob, I'm not going to stand there and video it, I'm going to call the cops, or intervene if I have a chance. If a see a woman having her hijab ripped off, you can be sure as shit I'm going to have an issue with it and step in. If people start getting deported for no reason, I'm going to have an issue with it. If Trump overturns the gay marriages (why this is even brought up is beyond me), I will be against that. If Trump overturns Roe V. Wade, I will be against that. I'm on your side more then you think. Stop with the fucking scare tactics is all I ask and let the man do his job.

In the end, all of this is the fault of people like Soros and the Rothschilds pitting us against eachother. That's something we can all agree on. If the Oligarchy is ever to be taken down, now is the best chance. Let's work together and get er done.

Member Awards ()

#26 voidoid

voidoid
  • Former Member
  • 105 posts
  • Ruler Name:voidoid
  • Nation Name:Quantia
  • Nation Link

Posted 15 November 2016 - 01:01 PM

: I’m a Muslim, a woman and an immigrant. I voted for Trump.

Internet_dog.jpg

On our boards, we don't know you as anything other than awesome. 

#27 voidoid

voidoid
  • Former Member
  • 105 posts
  • Ruler Name:voidoid
  • Nation Name:Quantia
  • Nation Link

Posted 15 November 2016 - 01:07 PM

If I see a black person being beaten by a white mob, I'm not going to stand there and video it, I'm going to call the cops, or intervene if I have a chance. If a see a woman having her hijab ripped off, you can be sure as shit I'm going to have an issue with it and step in. If people start getting deported for no reason, I'm going to have an issue with it. If Trump overturns the gay marriages (why this is even brought up is beyond me), I will be against that. If Trump overturns Roe V. Wade, I will be against that. I'm on your side more then you think. Stop with the fucking scare tactics is all I ask and let the man do his job.

This much I agree with you, and my old ass will be along side you in the opposition.  Some German philosopher guy killed in the Holocaust said more or less the same thing.  If they come for them, eventually they will come for me.

#28 Haflinger

Haflinger

Flipper

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 10259 posts
  • Ruler Name:Haflinger
  • Nation Name:Llonach
  • IRC Nick:Haflinger
  • Nation Link

Posted 15 November 2016 - 01:24 PM

It isn't against the law to be trans, it isn't against the law to be a Muslim, it isn't against the law to be gay, etc, etc, etc.

It isn't against the law to be trans, Muslim or gay, currently, although there are a number of laws already on the books in the US that target those three groups. Laws can change. And this guy in particular has argued that the law should change with respect to Muslims in particular.

Abortions won't be made illegal, that will never happen.

Why won't it?

Pro-lifers control all three branches of government, and a number of Supreme Court appointments are coming up. A new Supreme Court can straight-up overturn Roe v. Wade. And Trump has said that he wants to change this particular decision.

How about the terrorist plot, uncovered a month ago by the FBI, to attack an apartment building home to a large Somali immigrant population the day after the election?

Expect the FBI agents responsible for that investigation to be out on the pavement looking for work come January.

Some German philosopher guy killed in the Holocaust said more or less the same thing.  If they come for them, eventually they will come for me.

You're thinking of Martin Niemöller. He wasn't a philosopher, he was a pastor.

Als die Nazis die Kommunisten holten,
habe ich geschwiegen;
ich war ja kein Kommunist.

Als sie die Sozialdemokraten einsperrten,
habe ich geschwiegen;
ich war ja kein Sozialdemokrat.

Als sie die Gewerkschafter holten,
habe ich nicht protestiert;
ich war ja kein Gewerkschafter.

Als sie die Juden holten,
habe ich geschwiegen;
ich war ja kein Jude.

Als sie mich holten,
gab es keinen mehr,
der protestieren konnte

Translation:
When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

He gave different versons of this sermon, but this is probably the original.

More about Martin Niemöller.

Member Awards ()

#29 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 16 November 2016 - 07:22 AM

It isn't against the law to be trans, it isn't against the law to be a Muslim, it isn't against the law to be gay, etc, etc, etc.

It isn't against the law to be trans, Muslim or gay, currently, although there are a number of laws already on the books in the US that target those three groups. Laws can change. And this guy in particular has argued that the law should change with respect to Muslims in particular.

Show me where Trump even remotely said he wants to make it illegal to be a Muslim. Because he wants to vet them before they come here? That's not making them illegal. Also, Trump has never said anything against gays or trans.

Abortions won't be made illegal, that will never happen.

Why won't it?

Pro-lifers control all three branches of government, and a number of Supreme Court appointments are coming up. A new Supreme Court can straight-up overturn Roe v. Wade. And Trump has said that he wants to change this particular decision.

Pro-lifers have controlled all three branches of government plenty of times since Roe V Wade was enacted, it was never overturned, nor even brought up to be overturned. Abortion is only an issue for the far-right, us moderates (who vaulted Trump to the win) don't see abortion as a major issue. I DO want to ban late term abortions though (that is something that may happen). You can't change your mind 8 months into a pregnancy and kill a living thing. Granted, it's living from Day 1, but I'm willing to give some leeway on it. With all the free contraceptions available, people should be using them, so they don't wind up pregnant when they don't want to be. Fuck, steal them from Walmart. I see plenty of empty boxes of condoms hidden on the shelves every week, some people are responsible. 

Member Awards ()

#30 Haflinger

Haflinger

Flipper

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 10259 posts
  • Ruler Name:Haflinger
  • Nation Name:Llonach
  • IRC Nick:Haflinger
  • Nation Link

Posted 16 November 2016 - 03:48 PM

Show me where Trump even remotely said he wants to make it illegal to be a Muslim. Because he wants to vet them before they come here?

He wants to ban immigration from majority-Muslim countries. That's not vetting. He wants to stop it entirely.

That's not making them illegal.

No, but it is the first step to a successful reelection campaign: first exclude people unlikely to vote for you from arriving in the country. Then, remove the ones already here.

Also, Trump has never said anything against gays or trans.

This is true. That would be his vice-president.

Abortion is only an issue for the far-right, us moderates (who vaulted Trump to the win) don't see abortion as a major issue.

Let me be clear: Steve Bannon is going to be in the White House. That's the far right right there.

It doesn't matter who voted for him, what matters is what he's likely to do. You're pretty naive if you think President Trump will be governed by opinion polls. He's going to do what he wants and build prisons - at the very least - for his opposition.

I DO want to ban late term abortions though (that is something that may happen).

Late-term abortions are currently already illegal except when the mother's life is in jeopardy. (I believe the threshold is after six months, not sure of the exact time.) So you're saying that you want to kill mothers then?

With all the free contraceptions available, people should be using them, so they don't wind up pregnant when they don't want to be. Fuck, steal them from Walmart. I see plenty of empty boxes of condoms hidden on the shelves every week, some people are responsible. 

Trummp has suggested he wants to outlaw contraception as well, that's why there's currently a rush on IUDs.

Member Awards ()

#31 Redezra

Redezra

~>:BAMF:<~

• Invicta: Knight
  • 7728 posts
  • Gender:Sentient artificial intelligence - identifies as female
  • Ruler Name:Redezra
  • Nation Name:Jorostopia
  • IRC Nick:Redezra
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 17 November 2016 - 03:20 AM

Outlaw contraception?! Fuck me.

Or... don't actually. That would be bad in such a scenario.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users