Photo

Zastava M70 N-Pap Ak-47 - Or, my new gun!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Manoka

Manoka
  • Internal Affairs: Writer
  • 6520 posts
  • Ruler Name:deadmanszpiper
  • Nation Name:Manoka
  • IRC Nick:Rawrmansz
  • Nation Link

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:14 PM

Zastava M70 N-Pap Ak-47 - Or, my new gun!

It's finally here folks, I never thought I'd ever get it, but I did! This is kind of wonderful and amazing at the same time, and it hasn't really sunk in how awesome this is until I got it at my home. You might not be able to tell, but this AK is extremely well made, and even with the wooden parts, which I plan on replacing soon, it's absolutely beautiful, and feels really good in my hands. It comes at around 7.5 pounds or so, maybe more fully loaded, and is exceptionally well made and smooth, with so many pieces on it seeming like it was machined from a single block of steel. It has a stamped receiver, but it's incredibly thick, and Ak's were designed to begin with to have stamped receivers, so I don't have much of a problem with it. From everything I've read, it's a pretty smooth, soft shooting gun, second only to various hungarian variants, and that's out of the box, of which you can get a new muzzle break and stock and whatnot, and it will be easier to shoot. 

With the new Zhukov-S stocks and stuff coming out by magpul, it's easier than ever to get new pieces for you AK, so making it tactical, by scrounging up or modifying pieces yourself, is a thing of the past. While I'm okay with anything, the foldable stock produced by magpul should allow all the convenience of a pistol-ak or underfolder, without the same shitty accuracy and controllability that comes with it. So, it should come of make this the best of both worlds! A great platform to operate off of, imo it was a choice between this, the all American made C39v2, and the Hungarian, but since the Serbian one (I.E. the M70) was a little more compatible with various parts and wasn't an underfolder, I chose it. Still haven't shot it yet since I got my wisdom teeth taken out, and any rattling, especially close to my face, would be annoying. 

But anyways, it's pretty awesome! I couldn't get a great picture of it, but here you go. :3

The Zastava comes with a rubber butt pad, and fixed sights, held in by a spring, that means it holds a zero very, very well, unlike most Ak's, which is one of the reason's they're considered inaccurate (I'll be replacing the sight soon, anyways), and the dust cover is really, really solid, held in by pins, which reduces it's wobble. It feels really well made in your hands, since it doesn't wobble much, and it's all machined from like a single block of steel, save for the receiver itself, although the bolt and other pieces are. The safety is really stiff, but most Ak's are, and to make it combat ready I'd even smooth it down or buy another, much better one. There's little to no mag wobble, and it works REALLY  well with tapco mags, which are really the best anyways. Will try a magpul mag, soon. Got two mags with it, and the metal mag is insanely stiff, but they are both snug. So, it's a great Ak, and it's got a lot of good features to it, feels even better in my hands. It feels pretty light weight, but this is mostly due to it's good balance, a good gun to look into, Century Arms has really been stepping up their game. The ammunition is still pretty cheap, it will likely be cheaper in the future, and it's got some power to it, so it makes a great self defense round. Contrary to some common belief, an Ak will make it out to 300 yards with little issue, as long as you use your sights and have some basic training, meaning it's easily competitive with an AR, especially in home defense situations. 

The toilet paper, in the background, is for the bad guys, once they see this bad boy :3

zastava%20M70_zpsfj72nfio.png

Edited by Manoka, 13 March 2015 - 08:20 PM.

Member Awards ()

#2 CeltSoldierKev

CeltSoldierKev

Triple Agent for the Queen

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 405 posts
  • Ruler Name:CeltSoldierKev
  • Nation Name:Dal Riata
  • IRC Nick:CeltSoldierKev
  • Nation Link

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:59 PM

Congrats! That is a fun firearm.

But, a word of advise... don't go changing it up too much. The wood components are part of its beauty.  Plus, folding stocks are retarded. Absolutely worthless.

Member Awards ()

#3 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:02 AM

Congrats! That is a fun firearm.

But, a word of advise... don't go changing it up too much. The wood components are part of its beauty.  Plus, folding stocks are retarded. Absolutely worthless.

Except for use with the new Zhukov stock (and a few others). It's basically got all the quality of a fixed stock, but can fold! Adjustable, raised cheek mount, and it's pretty solid, and doesn't wobble too much.

Also, I want to be able to put on a lot of tactical stuffs, like scopes or foregrips or lasers on it eventually, so I'll need some rails. I'll take off the old wood though, might even swap out the dust cover. Although this dust cover is REALLY good.

Edited by Manoka, 14 March 2015 - 12:04 AM.

Member Awards ()

#4 CeltSoldierKev

CeltSoldierKev

Triple Agent for the Queen

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 405 posts
  • Ruler Name:CeltSoldierKev
  • Nation Name:Dal Riata
  • IRC Nick:CeltSoldierKev
  • Nation Link

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:34 AM

It doesn't wobble too much? You know what doesn't wobble at all? A nice fixed stock.

Plus, what is the point of a folding stock? It gives you absolutely no real advantage. A collapsing stock, that you can adjust to varying lengths for an ideal cheek-to-stock weld, yes.  But all a folding stock does is make it take up slightly less space when storing or transporting it.  If that is your rationale, then make sure you get matching sunglasses and pumps, because you're interested in it for is as a fashion accessory.

Plus, the folding stock simply adds 1 more step to perform before it is ready to use effectively.

Member Awards ()

#5 slimshadyinc

slimshadyinc
  • Former Member
  • 503 posts
  • Ruler Name:slimshadyinc
  • Nation Name:United Freedom State
  • Nation Link

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:32 AM

I like you standing up for the wood stock. To me that's what makes it an AK 47

Member Awards ()

#6 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:11 AM

It doesn't wobble too much? You know what doesn't wobble at all? A nice fixed stock.

Plus, what is the point of a folding stock? It gives you absolutely no real advantage. A collapsing stock, that you can adjust to varying lengths for an ideal cheek-to-stock weld, yes.  But all a folding stock does is make it take up slightly less space when storing or transporting it.  If that is your rationale, then make sure you get matching sunglasses and pumps, because you're interested in it for is as a fashion accessory.

Plus, the folding stock simply adds 1 more step to perform before it is ready to use effectively.

The one from magpul doesn't wobble at all. xP

I mean, anymore than a regular stock. My dad really wants a gun he can take down or store easily, so that's in part what I'm getting it. We're getting like, matching guns. There isn't a better adjustible stock you can really get for an AK in any case, so the folding part of it is just an added bonus. 

Paratroopers and special forces traditionally have had folding stocks on many of their weapons, so outright dismissing the usefulness when they've been used for decades seems a little silly. They're harder to use in general, but since this eliminates virtually all the stock wobble, you don't have those problems.

You get a pistol, a folder, and all the benefits of a fixed stock, for cheaper than what you could pay for like, an arsenal stock, made of a stronger polymer. Pistol ak's and folders are traditionally a novelty, but since you don't lose anything there's no point in not getting it. The gun is more compact, and thus you don't have to have a huge gun rack somewhere in your car, it's easier to fit under a chair or in your trunk.

I store my gun by my bed, and I used to sleep with one under my pillow, so if it's more compact, it stores easier. xP

The great thing about buying accessories is that you get both at the end of the day. So, I can always go back and forwarth and find out what I like. I'm more worried about sights than anything, since I friggin hate stock AK sights, I'm not sure why they keep them on there, other than tradition. 

Member Awards ()

#7 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:18 PM

I like you standing up for the wood stock. To me that's what makes it an AK 47

Yousz got to getsz with the time, man. 

While I think it's pretty, and did buy it that way originally on purpose, in the modern age you have to be willing to accept the utility of newer tactical stuffs. 

Member Awards ()

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users