• President Emeritus
  • 6393 posts
  • Ruler Name:King Biscuit
  • Nation Name:Ovencia
  • IRC Nick:KingBeard
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 10 November 2016 - 12:26 PM

'Meanwhile, a person who spoke to the Trump campaign told POLITICO that the aides have also discussed tapping Sarah Palin for Interior secretary.'

:rainbowdash8: Oh happy day!  :rainbowdash8:

... and Jamie Dimon for Sec. of The Treasury.

So much for draining the swamp, eh?

Member Awards ()

#22 *Anastasia

*Anastasia

— 孱弱新婦 —

• Governor General
  • 8427 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 03:22 PM

Collection of Twitter posts highlighting the backlash people of color are already facing.

More details.

:(

Member Awards ()

#23 *Anastasia

*Anastasia

— 孱弱新婦 —

• Governor General
  • 8427 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 05:13 PM

Looks like Oregon may be getting a ballot initiative on secession in 2018. Where do I apply for citizenship?

Member Awards ()

#24 Shotgun Willy

Shotgun Willy

Rat Bastard

• Advisor
  • 2333 posts
  • Ruler Name:ShotgunWilly
  • Nation Name:Klein Republic
  • IRC Nick:ShotgunWilly
  • Nation Link

Posted 10 November 2016 - 05:31 PM

Funny enough, there's a CalExit movement too.

I doubt it would ever be allowed to go through though.

As for my two cents, it happened. Its over. The sun rose yesterday morning, it rose again this morning and will continue to rise for a great many more*. Trump was not the president I voted for, but he is the one the states chose** and so he is my president.

I won't lie, as a guy who works for directly for Uncle Sam under the DoD, I'm a tad worried about what exactly he's going to do to my job and such, what with his talks of hiring freezes and downsizing and likely a cutback on things like cost of living adjustments (small, but usually yearly raises to try keep up with inflation. They haven't, really), but its not worth freaking out about right now.

Same goes for the vast majority of "promises" he's made. I mean, c'mon, how many presidents have actually kept all of their campaign promises? Especially ones as ridiculous as he's made...

One thing's for sure, this is going to be a very interesting 4 years. Currently, I'm past the despondent stage and have begun to transition to something close to very, very cautiously optimistic. But, we'll see.

*Well, I certainly hope it does. If the world ends before the Star Wars movies get done, I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

**and despite popular belief, even though we all vote, it is the states that that choose. We more get to vote on what our state's votes will be. The USA is a republic, not a democracy. There's a difference. The reason it is like that is so that 3 or 4 relatively small portions of the USA (California. New England, NY, etc) don't completely overpower the entire rest of the nation in the presidential election.

Edited by Shotgun Willy, 10 November 2016 - 05:52 PM.
I hate my phone sometimes

Member Awards ()

#25 *Anastasia

*Anastasia

— 孱弱新婦 —

• Governor General
  • 8427 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 05:34 PM

America could use another civil war. :mellow:

Member Awards ()

#26 Shotgun Willy

Shotgun Willy

Rat Bastard

• Advisor
  • 2333 posts
  • Ruler Name:ShotgunWilly
  • Nation Name:Klein Republic
  • IRC Nick:ShotgunWilly
  • Nation Link

Posted 10 November 2016 - 05:51 PM

I would probably be absolutely fucked if that happened. No thanks.  Lol

Member Awards ()

#27 King Biscuit

King Biscuit

Wanna see a dead body?

• President Emeritus
  • 6393 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 10 November 2016 - 07:02 PM

It's already underway.

Boomers vs Millennials 

Member Awards ()

#28 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Ruler Name:Thrash
  • Nation Name:Machas
  • IRC Nick:Thrash[Invicta]
  • Nation Link

Posted 10 November 2016 - 08:00 PM

How will millenials fight? Drowning their enemy in their tears? Smashing store windows? Burning flags? Getting the most tweets? Soros can't fund a war.

Member Awards ()

#29 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 10 November 2016 - 08:10 PM

Collection of Twitter posts highlighting the backlash people of color are already facing.

More details.

:(

You do realize that people can say whatever they want on Twitter right? I could go right now and make a tweet that I got called a cracker and beat up. I could also put a fuck whitey sign on my house and take a picture of it. The fact that someone would go on Twitter instead of calling the police just shows how much bullshit it is. If someone fires a gun at you, you don't go on twitter to try to get the most views, you call the fuckin cops.

Let's take a look at a white person dragged out of their car and beaten (with video/audio proof). You'll probably find a way to justify this, so I don't know why I bother.

https://www.facebook...hc_ref=NEWSFEED

Member Awards ()

#30 Learz

Learz

High Government

• Advisor
  • 3459 posts
  • Ruler Name:Learz
  • Nation Name:Eridani Empire
  • IRC Nick:Learz
  • Nation Link

Posted 10 November 2016 - 09:59 PM

How will millenials fight? Drowning their enemy in their tears? Smashing store windows? Burning flags? Getting the most tweets? Soros can't fund a war.

Hey now, as a millennial, I can reach out and touch you at 300 yards. And I don't mean with my safe space.

Member Awards ()

#31 King Biscuit

King Biscuit

Wanna see a dead body?

• President Emeritus
  • 6393 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 10 November 2016 - 10:14 PM

How will millennials fight? Drowning their enemy in their tears? Smashing store windows? Burning flags? Getting the most tweets? Soros can't fund a war.

I find it funny, that as soon as the M word gets dropped, it's right to the stereotype.

That's just more of the same us v them BS.

We aren't all like that.

You confuse SJWs with actual people who are equally as pissed and overlooked as you are.

We have more in common than you'd think.

Also, love the equating of riots and protests.

I know you didn't make the connection, it's just something I see happen all the time.

Member Awards ()

#32 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 10 November 2016 - 10:37 PM

I hardly lump you in with those out there "not my president" people. But they are the ones who are front and center now, have been front and center before the election, and so on. They WANT to be front and center but they don't want people to call them out when they see lawbreaking going on. On the news last night at one of the protests, a reporter asked why they were protesting and they said because Hillary's healthcare plan is going away and followed up with some vulgar "grab Trump by the pussy" thing. This is disgusting. This is what people see. Uneducated people (it never was Hillary's plan) spewing filth to get views on social media. Maybe it's because I'm old and the youth of my age didn't act like this, or maybe they did, but I just didn't know about it because of the lack of technology to spread all things immediately, but I fear these people running the country one day. There is no respect for elders, no respect for different opinions, no respect for anything anymore. It's all about me me me. They fucking canceled classes because people were upset!!!! I'm sure there were plenty of people who wanted to go to class and now they couldn't have that. You cant blame me for saying there's a bunch of crybabies, when that's all that's in the news and people are bending over backwards for them. No one wants to stand up for themselves, no one wants to try to change things in the proper way.

I respect anyone's right to protest (PEACEFULLY), and I respect freedom of speech, but you can't be for freedom of speech just for your views and then not for the other side. As much as people thought this shit would happen when Obama was elected, it didn't happen. We are not a nation of racists and intolerables. It's time for people to stop using that as a way to get their videos posted and justify their violence.

Member Awards ()

#33 Redezra

Redezra

~>:BAMF:<~

• Invicta: Knight
  • 7728 posts
  • Gender:Sentient artificial intelligence - identifies as female
  • Ruler Name:Redezra
  • Nation Name:Jorostopia
  • IRC Nick:Redezra
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:37 AM

and despite popular belief, even though we all vote, it is the states that that choose. We more get to vote on what our state's votes will be. The USA is a republic, not a democracy. There's a difference. The reason it is like that is so that 3 or 4 relatively small portions of the USA (California. New England, NY, etc) don't completely overpower the entire rest of the nation in the presidential election.

False.

Republic is a governing construct. Democracy is a decision method. You are a Constitutional Democratic Republic. Sorry this is a pet peeve that I will stamp on any time I see it.

#34 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 November 2016 - 04:20 AM

Grubhub faces backlash after CEO's anti-Trump email to employees

Member Awards ()

#35 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 November 2016 - 07:08 AM

U. of Michigan Gives Students Play-Doh, Coloring Books to Cope With Trump

Member Awards ()

#36 voidoid

voidoid
  • Former Member
  • 105 posts
  • Ruler Name:voidoid
  • Nation Name:Quantia
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 November 2016 - 07:53 AM

Looks like Oregon may be getting a ballot initiative on secession in 2018. Where do I apply for citizenship?

My little sister lives in WA and told me that the Cascadia movement went from semi-joke to fairly serious in 24 hours.  My niece and nephew (pre-teens) were very emotionally upset Tuesday night and asked her where they were going to have to move to.

"Posted Today, 07:08 AM

oh, ffs.  @Thrash:  who is PJ Media and are they anything other than a trolling, click-bait factory?

#37 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 November 2016 - 07:59 AM

"Posted Today, 07:08 AM

oh, ffs.  @Thrash:  who is PJ Media and are they anything other than a trolling, click-bait factory?

Is the Wall Street Journal better, since that was the original source?

http://blogs.wsj.com...-trump-victory/

Dozens of students at Cornell University gathered on a major campus thoroughfare for a “cry-in” to mourn the results of the 2016 presidential election Wednesday, with school staff providing tissues and hot chocolate. At Tufts University, arts and crafts were on offer. 

Member Awards ()

#38 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 November 2016 - 08:09 AM

Oh and I seem to recall Texas wanting to secede a few years back and liberals mocking it and calling names because of it.

Member Awards ()

#39 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 November 2016 - 08:10 AM

'Meanwhile, a person who spoke to the Trump campaign told POLITICO that the aides have also discussed tapping Sarah Palin for Interior secretary.'

:rainbowdash8: Oh happy day!  :rainbowdash8:

You sexist!

See, I can play that game too.

Member Awards ()

#40 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 November 2016 - 08:29 AM

fake, but funny and oh so true. Police Calm Millennial Protesters By Handing Out Participation Trophies

Member Awards ()

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users