• Gender:Household pet that walked across the keyboard - male
  • Ruler Name:Jorost
  • Nation Name:Invicta Crownlands
  • IRC Nick:Jorost
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 21 February 2016 - 12:58 AM

I'll start.

SCENARIO: Donald Trump, Ted Cruz, and Marco Rubio fight out the Republican nomination all Spring with no clear winner. In the end they are split 40-30-30%, and for the first time since 1948 there is a brokered Republican convention. Determined to deny the nomination to Trump, the party is unable to choose between Cruz and Rubio, each with his own fatal flaw. Instead they go with a tried and true brand, giving the nomination to... Mitt Romney.

It makes perfect sense. The convention is in late July, leaving just over three months to ramp up a presidential campaign. Name recognition will be vital. They don't have time to introduce someone new to the American electorate. It has to be a known quantity. So who does that leave?

Other than Romney there's John McCain, but he's 79 years old and not exactly the most popular guy in the party. There's really no one with sufficient stature. It would have to be Romney.

Trump, meanwhile, enraged at being cheated out of the Republican nomination that is rightfully his, vows to run as an independent. Instead of going through the messy and time-consuming process of getting his name on all fifty state ballots, however, Trump stages an unprecedented, media-driven WRITE-IN campaign for president. Given his celebrity and his media savvy, Trump easily polls well enough to muscle his way into the debates. Once there he spends ninety minutes verbally skull-fucking Mitt Romney, poster boy for the Republican establishment. Trump reminds the audience on several occasions how much more money he has than Mitt Romney. He might even say something about the magic underwear.

The popular vote tally is Clinton 50%, Trump 30%, Romney 20%. It is an electoral landslide for Clinton, however, as the three-way race causes her to win certain states, such as Texas, that a Democrat would never normally win. Trump will claim to be the "real" victor, winning more votes as a write-in than the Republican nominee. "Biggest write-in campaign in history. Yuge. YUGE."

Member Awards ()

#2 Molagbal

Molagbal

AWESOME

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 217 posts
  • Ruler Name:XxHouseArrestXx
  • Nation Name:Poland
  • IRC Nick:Molagbal
  • Alliance Name:North Atlantic Defense Coalition
  • Nation Link

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:40 PM

. "Biggest write-in campaign in history. Yuge. YUGE."

This made me laugh haha

The establishment has to know if they cheat Trump out of something he would win "fairly"  then he would most certainly run as an independent and cost the republicans the election.

Edited by Molagbal, 21 February 2016 - 09:13 PM.

#3 rotty

rotty

The First 2 time Puppy President

• President Emeritus
  • 13429 posts
  • BJ Points:69696969
  • Ruler Name:rotty
  • Nation Name:Giggle
  • IRC Nick:rotty
  • Alliance Name:~ Invicta ~
  • Nation Link

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:20 AM

I forgot about the magic underwear. lol

Also, I laughed a little about Texas voting for any Dem. No way is that going to happen. The state never has a Dem on any ticket. Only Repubs are listed.  :P

Member Awards ()

#4 KiWi

KiWi

To Be Or Not To be, Just Pick One!

• Admin: Assistant Webmaster
  • 6060 posts
  • Ruler Name:King William
  • Nation Name:Royal Nine
  • IRC Nick:KingWilliam
  • Nation Link

Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:13 AM

Also, I laughed a little about Texas voting for any Dem. No way is that going to happen. The state never has a Dem on any ticket. Only Repubs are listed.   :P

Want to make a "Safe" bet?

Member Awards ()

#5 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

The Invictan Formerly Known as Jorost

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Gender:Household pet that walked across the keyboard - male
  • Ruler Name:Jorost
  • Nation Name:Invicta Crownlands
  • IRC Nick:Jorost
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:51 AM

Of course Texas has Democrats on the ticket. In 2012 Barack Obama got 3.3 million votes in Texas, or 41%. How did he do that if his name wasn't on the ballot? Texas also has 12 Democrats in the US House of Representatives. I assume what Rotty means is that many races in Texas go uncontested by Democrats, which is undoubtedly true (just as many races in Massachusetts go uncontested by the Republicans). But there are Democrats in Texas, just as there are Republicans in Massachusetts. 41% is hardly a small minority.

If there was a three-way race as described above, with Trump as an independent, a Republican nominee, and a Democratic nominee, the Democrat could easily win Texas. Trump and the Republican nominee (Romney in the scenario above) would split the conservative vote, leaving the Democrat with a plurality and the win. If Trump ran a 3rd party campaign the Democratic nominee would probably win a lot of states that they would never otherwise win.

Member Awards ()

#6 Molagbal

Molagbal

AWESOME

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 217 posts
  • Ruler Name:XxHouseArrestXx
  • Nation Name:Poland
  • IRC Nick:Molagbal
  • Alliance Name:North Atlantic Defense Coalition
  • Nation Link

Posted 22 February 2016 - 03:02 PM

If there was a three-way race as described above, with Trump as an independent, a Republican nominee, and a Democratic nominee, the Democrat could easily win Texas. Trump and the Republican nominee (Romney in the scenario above) would split the conservative vote, leaving the Democrat with a plurality and the win. If Trump ran a 3rd party campaign the Democratic nominee would probably win a lot of states that they would never otherwise win.

Its certainly possible but it would depend on how heavily the independent candidate (trump) campaigns in the state and how strong his appeal is and also because you know there are those people that solely vote along party lines, if you ain't a republican they wont vote for you.

#7 rotty

rotty

The First 2 time Puppy President

• President Emeritus
  • 13429 posts
  • BJ Points:69696969
  • Ruler Name:rotty
  • Nation Name:Giggle
  • IRC Nick:rotty
  • Alliance Name:~ Invicta ~
  • Nation Link

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:53 PM

Also, I laughed a little about Texas voting for any Dem. No way is that going to happen. The state never has a Dem on any ticket. Only Repubs are listed.   :P

Of course Texas has Democrats on the ticket. In 2012 Barack Obama got 3.3 million votes in Texas, or 41%. How did he do that if his name wasn't on the ballot? Texas also has 12 Democrats in the US House of Representatives. I assume what Rotty means is that many races in Texas go uncontested by Democrats, which is undoubtedly true (just as many races in Massachusetts go uncontested by the Republicans). But there are Democrats in Texas, just as there are Republicans in Massachusetts. 41% is hardly a small minority.

Did you guys miss the :P 

I think you did

:D

Member Awards ()

#8 KiWi

KiWi

To Be Or Not To be, Just Pick One!

• Admin: Assistant Webmaster
  • 6060 posts
  • Ruler Name:King William
  • Nation Name:Royal Nine
  • IRC Nick:KingWilliam
  • Nation Link

Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:16 PM

Did you guys miss the :P 
I think you did
:D

My rebuttal was in jest.

Jorost was serious since he brought up numbers, as if he had to convince you. You were obviously joking :P

Member Awards ()

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users