• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#41 *Anastasia

*Anastasia

— 孱弱新婦 —

• Governor General
  • 8427 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 08:39 AM

This topic got really fucking stupid when Thrash started playing games no one else was playing. Grow up, Thrash. I thought you were better than this.

Member Awards ()

#42 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Ruler Name:Thrash
  • Nation Name:Machas
  • IRC Nick:Thrash[Invicta]
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 November 2016 - 08:53 AM

This topic got really fucking stupid when Thrash started playing games no one else was playing. Grow up, Thrash. I thought you were better than this.

It's not my fault I'm the only one who's on my side here. Yes, you outnumber me, doesn't mean I can't state my point of view. Telling me to grow up when I point out that others need to grow up, that's rich. But, in the interest of the community, of which I am a minority, I'll shut up now. Feel free to smack a ban hammer on me, it would be fitting. Don't feed the fire if you can't take the heat.

Member Awards ()

#43 King Biscuit

King Biscuit

Wanna see a dead body?

• President Emeritus
  • 6393 posts
  • Ruler Name:King Biscuit
  • Nation Name:Ovencia
  • IRC Nick:KingBeard
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:04 AM

But, in the interest of the community, of which I am a minority, I'll shut up now.

No. Keep talking.

Member Awards ()

#44 *Anastasia

*Anastasia

— 孱弱新婦 —

• Governor General
  • 8427 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:16 AM

If you feel the need to defend people who spray-paint swastikas on buildings, who yell racial slurs at minorities, who choke Muslim women with their hijabs, who smash beer bottles over the heads of gay men, all in the name of defending yourself, that says more about you than I'm comfortable with, to be frank.

For the record, if you looked at the collection I posted, you'll find lots of photos and videos. You'll find even more here, complimented by news articles and—surprise, surprise—police reports. If you really think people are making this stuff up, you're being willfully blind and willfully ignorant. If you think that going to the police should be the only action, that people shouldn't take to the internet and the media to report what's going on, then you're willfully enabling that violence.

Stop acting like the people who are being attacked, who are fearing for their lives, should just shut up and take their lumps. What's happening across America is not acceptable. I'm not being overdramatic when I say that this is how genocides start, this is how pogroms start. Speaking out against it is not only the responsible thing to do, it's the necessary thing to do. Keeping quiet and keeping your head down is only going to provide more oxygen for the fire.

If that's not what you want, stop trying to silence the people speaking out. If it is, own that fucking bigotry rather than trying to hide behind this sham pretence that none of this has anything to do with the man you voted for.

That's all I have to say on the matter. If we're to live in Thrash's world now, I'm checking out.

Member Awards ()

#45 He who posts

He who posts

Intentialy offensive

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1444 posts
  • Gender:Sentient artificial intelligence - identifies as male
  • Nation Name: 
  • IRC Nick: 
  • Alliance Name: 
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:27 AM

Funny enough, there's a CalExit movement too.

Should just focus on creating a coalition of states that want to fix shit like getting rid of the electoral college.

#46 The Dark Empire

The Dark Empire

Lord James

• Peer
  • 3082 posts
  • Ruler Name:Lord James
  • Nation Name:The Dark Empire
  • IRC Nick:TheDarkEmpire
  • Alliance Name:Regnum Invictorum
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:40 AM

This is how democracy works. It's ok that people are scared and freaking out about this. However, it won't change the outcome, Trump won fair and square. I didn't like Trump, I didn't like Hilary. I voted for Hilary because she was the only one who could beat Trump. But the nation chose Trump and we just have to accept that. Things aren't going to be perfect but I think Trump has the potential with a Republican majority to do some really good things. It might not all be great but overall I believe in the checks and balances system put in place. Trump is not going to be a dictator, he can't do whatever he wants. Things will be undone but I am optimistic that overall good change will out weigh the bad. I am a cis white male so my perspective is obviously very different from those who are fearful of Trump. It is true that I will probably benefit more than others. However, I believe that the progress we have made as a society will not be unwritten. Enough people will stand up when rights start getting taken away. I know I will stand against it and I believe even Thrash will stand against it. We are not animals. We will not be taking steps backwards.

Member Awards ()

#47 Imperial Sparta

Imperial Sparta

God of War

• President Emeritus
  • 910 posts
  • Ruler Name:Psych21
  • Nation Name:Imperial Sparta
  • IRC Nick:Imperial_Sparta
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:52 AM

Oh for fuck sake people, we're all on the same side at the end of the day. Whether you like it or not, Trump is going to be the President of the US in January. It's ok to not agree with everything people say, but just because they're not your own personal views, doesn't make them wrong. Everyone can learn something from one another. And that goes for both sides. Ultimately, I voted for Johnson because he was mostly conservative on policies where I wanted him to be and he was mostly liberal on other policies where I wanted him to be. We live in this world now where people vote one way or the other for one particular policy they like the most and ignore all of the other ones, regardless of how shitty that policy is. That's what happens when you don't live in a perfect world. Trump won because he appealed to the middle class and poor more than any other candidate in recent history, and honestly, that's something that needed to be addressed just as much as the other people in the country. They've been forgotten and ignored for a pretty long time in comparison to other groups.

I sincerely hope that he turns out to be a great president, because for better or worse, that's who we have for at least 4 years unless he does something to get himself removed from office. So until one of those days happen, the best thing we can do from this point is to work together toward a common goal. Listen to each other and not just stick our heads in the ground and only listen to our own personal beliefs because you're not always going to be right. We are human after all. What made America so goddamn great in the first place was because of our ability to work together toward a common goal. Sometime along the way we forgot about that and started only focusing on our own situations and stopped giving a shit about everyone else unless they got in our way. If that doesn't change, then this country is truly fucked. Not because Trump is president but because we as a group can't fucking get over ourselves and work together for a change. The founding fathers found a way to work together on a common goal despite their differences and we need to return the favor if this country is going to have a chance at being here for another 240 years.

Imperial Sparta

#48 Shotgun Willy

Shotgun Willy

Rat Bastard

• Advisor
  • 2333 posts
  • Ruler Name:ShotgunWilly
  • Nation Name:Klein Republic
  • IRC Nick:ShotgunWilly
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:26 PM

and despite popular belief, even though we all vote, it is the states that that choose. We more get to vote on what our state's votes will be. The USA is a republic, not a democracy. There's a difference. The reason it is like that is so that 3 or 4 relatively small portions of the USA (California. New England, NY, etc) don't completely overpower the entire rest of the nation in the presidential election.

False.

Republic is a governing construct. Democracy is a decision method. You are a Constitutional Democratic Republic. Sorry this is a pet peeve that I will stamp on any time I see it.

Sooo.... we're a type of republic. Gotcha. :P

Member Awards ()

#49 voidoid

voidoid
  • Former Member
  • 105 posts
  • Ruler Name:voidoid
  • Nation Name:Quantia
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 November 2016 - 03:10 PM

Is the Wall Street Journal better, since that was the original source?

http://blogs.wsj.com...-trump-victory/

Dozens of students at Cornell University gathered on a major campus thoroughfare for a “cry-in” to mourn the results of the 2016 presidential election Wednesday, with school staff providing tissues and hot chocolate. At Tufts University, arts and crafts were on offer. 

Yes.  Now that is a citation I can put more trust in.  With a different target in mind, again I say, oh ffs.

#50 He who posts

He who posts

Intentialy offensive

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1444 posts
  • Nation Name: 
  • IRC Nick: 
  • Alliance Name: 
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 November 2016 - 03:19 PM

blogs.wsj.com

Blogs make invalid sources, beep boop.

#51 voidoid

voidoid
  • Former Member
  • 105 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 November 2016 - 03:25 PM

A major national newspaper makes a credible source, no matter how trendy they try to market it.  I used to live in DC and read Pravda on the Potomac regularly.  I might not always agree with their op/ed slant, but I trust them to get the facts straight.

#52 He who posts

He who posts

Intentialy offensive

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1444 posts
  • Nation Name: 
  • IRC Nick: 
  • Alliance Name: 
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 November 2016 - 03:27 PM

The blogs section is still a blog.

#53 Redezra

Redezra

~>:BAMF:<~

• Invicta: Knight
  • 7728 posts
  • Gender:Sentient artificial intelligence - identifies as female
  • Ruler Name:Redezra
  • Nation Name:Jorostopia
  • IRC Nick:Redezra
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 November 2016 - 07:49 PM

Imperial Sparta got it right :D

Also, Thrash, you gotta caaaalm the fuck down. Millennials aren't this homogenous mass of crybabies just like Trump voters aren't this homogenous mass of sexist troglodytes.

But, there is a point in all of this. You feel that you have won, and there is support in you espousing your view cause it's the dominant one, right? Well there are people with faaaaaaar worse views than any of us that feel the same way. Das not good.

#54 Molagbal

Molagbal

AWESOME

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 217 posts
  • Ruler Name:XxHouseArrestXx
  • Nation Name:Poland
  • IRC Nick:Molagbal
  • Alliance Name:North Atlantic Defense Coalition
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:00 PM

This thread devolved into some fucking dumb ass shit, chillax all of you.  Civility is a glorious thing.  Some trump supporters are fucking terrible people and those happen to be the most vocal people, not everyone who voted for Trump is a racist.  People are tired of Washington and its inability to do absolutely nothing.  We're not gonna revert to medieval times in terms of social standards, the presidency has so many checks and balances and its only four years.  Whats also stupid is people rioting in the street and causing destruction and chaos.  Turn that anger and disappointment into political action, contact your state and federal officials, get involved, don't riot and destroy property you're doing the exact opposite in what you are hoping to achieve.  Trump won fair and square and as Clinton said, Trump deserves a chance to lead.  You don't know what a Trump  presidency will be like, it can be good or it can be bad...he can turn out completely different from some of his rhetoric.  If he doesn't, in two years you'll have a chance to elect a democratic congress to keep him in check.  Stop crying and complaining and turn it into action (directed at everyone)  Rant over

Looks like Oregon may be getting a ballot initiative on secession in 2018. Where do I apply for citizenship?

My little sister lives in WA and told me that the Cascadia movement went from semi-joke to fairly serious in 24 hours.  My niece and nephew (pre-teens) were very emotionally upset Tuesday night and asked her where they were going to have to move to.

I doubt that is going to happen.  California, Oregon, and Washington will not be able to survive on their own without drastically changing the way of life for their citizens.  

I just want to point out something I find funny, people were criticizing Trump and co for refusing to concede the election if they lost yet the democrats are doing the same thing right now. lul 

I'm just gonna end with a plea for civility, we can talk about these things without overreacting like children, we're better than this, come on everyone. 

Edited by Molagbal, 11 November 2016 - 09:01 PM.

#55 Molagbal

Molagbal

AWESOME

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 217 posts
  • Ruler Name:XxHouseArrestXx
  • Nation Name:Poland
  • IRC Nick:Molagbal
  • Alliance Name:North Atlantic Defense Coalition
  • Nation Link

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:09 PM

Pretty interesting read: 

https://www.washingt...ampaign=buffer 

#56 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 12 November 2016 - 09:07 AM

Oh for fuck sake people, we're all on the same side at the end of the day. Whether you like it or not, Trump is going to be the President of the US in January. It's ok to not agree with everything people say, but just because they're not your own personal views, doesn't make them wrong. Everyone can learn something from one another. And that goes for both sides. Ultimately, I voted for Johnson because he was mostly conservative on policies where I wanted him to be and he was mostly liberal on other policies where I wanted him to be. We live in this world now where people vote one way or the other for one particular policy they like the most and ignore all of the other ones, regardless of how shitty that policy is. That's what happens when you don't live in a perfect world. Trump won because he appealed to the middle class and poor more than any other candidate in recent history, and honestly, that's something that needed to be addressed just as much as the other people in the country. They've been forgotten and ignored for a pretty long time in comparison to other groups.

I sincerely hope that he turns out to be a great president, because for better or worse, that's who we have for at least 4 years unless he does something to get himself removed from office. So until one of those days happen, the best thing we can do from this point is to work together toward a common goal. Listen to each other and not just stick our heads in the ground and only listen to our own personal beliefs because you're not always going to be right. We are human after all. What made America so goddamn great in the first place was because of our ability to work together toward a common goal. Sometime along the way we forgot about that and started only focusing on our own situations and stopped giving a shit about everyone else unless they got in our way. If that doesn't change, then this country is truly fucked. Not because Trump is president but because we as a group can't fucking get over ourselves and work together for a change. The founding fathers found a way to work together on a common goal despite their differences and we need to return the favor if this country is going to have a chance at being here for another 240 years.

Imperial Sparta

I'd have taken this much more seriously if you had it combined with a Hitler video. :)

Member Awards ()

#57 Imperial Sparta

Imperial Sparta

God of War

• President Emeritus
  • 910 posts
  • Ruler Name:Psych21
  • Nation Name:Imperial Sparta
  • IRC Nick:Imperial_Sparta
  • Nation Link

Posted 12 November 2016 - 04:53 PM

I'd have taken this much more seriously if you had it combined with a Hitler video. :)

It's been a minute since I last made one of those lol. This one is still my favorite

Imperial Sparta

#58 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 14 November 2016 - 08:18 AM

love the "they said your warchest isnt good enough to fight"

Member Awards ()

#59 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 14 November 2016 - 08:32 AM

some more on the college cry babies and links to show that these schools really did hold cry-ins, give puppies and provide play doh.

Tolerant educators exile Trump voters from campus: Glenn Reynolds

Member Awards ()

#60 voidoid

voidoid
  • Former Member
  • 105 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:33 PM

Looks like Oregon may be getting a ballot initiative on secession in 2018. Where do I apply for citizenship?

My little sister lives in WA and told me that the Cascadia movement went from semi-joke to fairly serious in 24 hours.  My niece and nephew (pre-teens) were very emotionally upset Tuesday night and asked her where they were going to have to move to.

I doubt that is going to happen.  California, Oregon, and Washington will not be able to survive on their own without drastically changing the way of life for their citizens. 

I never said they would succeed, just that the movement jumped in popularity overnight.  The issue of seccession from the Union was settled about 150 years ago.

Edited by voidoid, 14 November 2016 - 03:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users