not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Ruler Name:Thrash
  • Nation Name:Machas
  • IRC Nick:Thrash[Invicta]
  • Nation Link

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:36 AM

So who's gonna step up now? She's obviously done.

Hopefully someone worth voting for.

Biden? I'd probably vote for him, just for the fact that he'll provide tons of laughs.

Member Awards ()

#2 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

The Invictan Formerly Known as Jorost

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Gender:Household pet that walked across the keyboard - male
  • Ruler Name:Jorost
  • Nation Name:Invicta Crownlands
  • IRC Nick:Jorost
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:20 AM

You're delusional. This is another made-up scandal by people who are terrified of a woman president following a black president. It will go nowhere. Not that I'm a huge Hillary booster, because I think she's a little too friendly to corporate interests. But you get who you get when it comes to nominees. There is no one on the horizon with a hope of defeating her.

Lot's of time left, so it could happen. But I wouldn't bet on it.

Member Awards ()

#3 Justavictim82

Justavictim82

Better than you

• Peer
  • 2233 posts
  • Ruler Name:justavictim82
  • Nation Name:AllaboutthePentiums
  • IRC Nick:Justavictim82[Invicta]
  • Alliance Name:Horse love
  • Nation Link

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:34 AM

I don't understand what the issue is? Is it the personal e-mail in office thing because Colin Powell did the same thing. Is it the 'We desperately need to find anything to justify 2 years of Benghazi' nonsense? Seriously what is it? 

Member Awards ()

#4 The Dark Empire

The Dark Empire

Lord James

• Peer
  • 3082 posts
  • Ruler Name:Lord James
  • Nation Name:The Dark Empire
  • IRC Nick:TheDarkEmpire
  • Alliance Name:Regnum Invictorum
  • Nation Link

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:52 PM

POPULAR

It's scandals like this that lead me to picture politicians as sorority girls gossiping about each other. "Oh my God did you know that Hilary uses her personal email instead of her government issued one." "What a slut." 

Member Awards ()

#5 derohan

derohan
  • Former Member
  • 11 posts
  • Ruler Name:DeRohan
  • Nation Name:United Appalachia
  • Nation Link

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:09 PM

Rand Paul 2016.

#6 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:55 PM

Yeah, I just don't see it. This is a non-issue except on Fox News, and those people aren't voting for her anyway. Besides, it's way too early for this; no one's even announced yet. There is time for this to blow over and two or three others to rise and fall before the first Democratic debate. This is just the first of many attempts by the crazy wing of the Republican party to prevent the first black president from being followed by the first woman president, because that would truly signal the end of their way of life. Well, guess what? The bell tolls for thee.

I'm a pretty experienced and savvy political watcher, and I would be stunned if anything other than Hillary Clinton getting the nomination and then the presidency takes place. I wish Martin O'Malley all the luck in the world — I actually like his politics way better than I like Hilldog's, but I am a realist. She already has the money and the organization locked up. It's shitty, but it's the way big money politics operates. No one will be able to offer her any serious resistance. I expect to see Bernie Sanders and O'Malley and maybe even Elizabeth Warren push Hillary to the left on a lot of issues, even just by standing up on the debate stage and talking about shit no one else talks about on mass market media, and that will be awesome. But in the end it will be her, and there never will have been any serious resistance. O'Malley and maybe Sanders could surge for a while, and end up with enough delegates to be a force at the convention (hint: start practicing saying "Vice President Martin O'Malley"), but 2016 will be the Year of Hillary.

The only question is which whackjob gets the Republican nomination. If I had to bet, I'd say Jeb Bush, but I'm not strong on that. Any one of several maniacs — Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Rick Perry, Mike Huckabee — could conceivably get the nod. Any one of them would be a Goldwater-esque disaster, and give Clinton a lot of room to move left.

And we haven't even talked about the fact that the SCOTUS will in almost all certainty make gay marriage the law of the land by June. The far right is going to go nuts.

Member Awards ()

#7 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:14 PM

Is the State Department part of FOX News?

Member Awards ()

#8 Justavictim82

Justavictim82

Better than you

• Peer
  • 2233 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:04 PM

Is the State Department part of FOX News?

It is the boy who cried wolf syndrome. If we act like Benghazi is a cover up and try to hammer it home for so long then people will think it is true. As I stated earlier, Colin Powell used his private email during his time in office with no issue from either party. This is a purely political move by the Republicans to build any negative publicity against Clinton for her potential run in 2016 and as smart and calculated as it is, it is a non issue that we will spend weeks debating come campaign season instead of platforms and policy.

Member Awards ()

#9 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:22 PM

Did Colin Powell run his own e-mail server? Or did he just use a personal address on like yahoo or the sort?

Member Awards ()

#10 Justavictim82

Justavictim82

Better than you

• Peer
  • 2233 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:18 PM

Did Colin Powell run his own e-mail server? Or did he just use a personal address on like yahoo or the sort?

I am uncertain but here is an article: http://www.politico....l#ixzz3U1P1gH7j

Jeb Bush also uses his personal hosted server as Governor of Florida and George W Bush used his personal email to correspond with Foreign leaders.

http://www.bbc.com/n...canada-31806907

Member Awards ()

#11 Shokkou

Shokkou
  • Banned
  • 1922 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:03 AM

This is just the first of many attempts by the crazy wing of the Republican party to prevent the first black president from being followed by the first woman president, because that would truly signal the end of their way of life. Well, guess what? The bell tolls for thee.

I can't fucking believe it's apparently impossible for people to think she's a piece of shit without it being about her being a woman, just like I couldn't fucking believe people seriously thought no one could possibly be against Obama for any reason other than him being black. Fuck you. Fuck everyone else. Fuck Hillary. Fuck Obama. Fuck all of you in the ass with an unlubricated piece of rusty rebar. Have a nice, refreshing beverage on me:

0004460002452_500X500.jpg

In closing:

g135856397460740283.jpg

tumblr_njsbbcMcXM1rsk695o1_500.jpg

4LcDD4J.gif

#12 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:55 AM

I never said she wasn't a piece of shit, but she's no more so than any other prominent politician, and a lot less so than many. And if you think there isn't a big swath of the far right who are deeply disturbed by the prospect of a woman president, just like they are deeply disturbed by a black president, you haven't been paying attention.

But let me be clear: I'm not necessarily happy about Hillary's inevitability. I'm just realistic. There is no one on the horizon to pose a serious nomination challenge, and the electoral math no longer works in the GOP's favor in a general election.

My hope is that with the Republican party now firmly ensconced on the extreme right, and the Democrats occupying the center right, there will be room for a new, genuinely progressive movement to take hold on the left. Go Bernie. :)

Member Awards ()

#13 Manoka

Manoka
  • Internal Affairs: Writer
  • 6520 posts
  • Ruler Name:deadmanszpiper
  • Nation Name:Manoka
  • IRC Nick:Rawrmansz
  • Nation Link

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:14 AM

Do you have any proof that the Republicans are racist?

I hear this constantly, but as of yet I have yet to see one piece of racist legislation, ever proposed, in the history of ever, by the Republican side. Or racist comments by Mitt Romney or competing candidates. 

Member Awards ()

#14 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:31 AM

Do you have any proof that the Republicans are racist?

I hear this constantly, but as of yet I have yet to see one piece of racist legislation, ever proposed, in the history of ever, by the Republican side. Or racist comments by Mitt Romney or competing candidates. 

Duh, of course they're racist. Even though the Democratic party was the party of keeping minorities down (proven by their voting records, not by just pulling shit out of your ass) until LBJ or whatever, they magically transformed just because of the Civil Rights Act and the Republicans took their place. Maybe it was written into the act and we just haven't noticed it.

I'd have to say the Dems play the game much worse since they're outright condescending.

Member Awards ()

#15 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:57 AM

The Republicans were the socially progressive party, and the Democrats the conservatives, until the New Deal. Up until the 1930s it was still common for African-Americans to vote Republican. The civil rights movement really accelerated this switch in the '50s and beyond. By the '60s the lines were more or less where they are now. But even well into the '80s it was not unusual to find a few holdout conservative Democrats and liberal Republicans.

Member Awards ()

#16 the rebel

the rebel
  • Former Member
  • 1961 posts
  • Ruler Name:the rebel
  • Nation Name:rebellion
  • IRC Nick:TheRebel
  • Nation Link

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:24 AM

I thought the issue wasn't to do with the fact she used a part email for official business, but it was to do with the fact that she is obliged by law to have them all published for record keeping in government which she has not.

Edited by the rebel, 13 March 2015 - 10:24 AM.

Member Awards ()

#17 derohan

derohan
  • Former Member
  • 11 posts
  • Ruler Name:DeRohan
  • Nation Name:United Appalachia
  • Nation Link

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:43 AM

She should have used a secure email when dealing with national security issues. Convience doesn't trump national security. Then she deleted 30,000 emails. She is not allowed to do that. Those emails belong in the national archive. TRANSPARENCY! She didn't accomplish a damn this as sec of state, nor as a senator. And benghazi does matter! She ignored ambassador Stevens request for more security! Are you kidding me?!? He was in a hostle enviroment and Hilldog refused to spend state department cash to send security for our ambassador? She is a joke! A true liberal hack.

#18 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:13 PM

Fortunately the United States has a facility in Utah that archives everyone's emails. :ninja:

Member Awards ()

#19 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:19 PM

You have to admit that you take the typical Dem stance. Claim everything is a non-issue and then attack the other side. If it was a non-issue, why would you need to name call the other side? Oh right, that's the MO.

I'm here merely stating she broke the law, not making broad (see what I did there?) comments about her.

Also, I'm pretty sure the NSA doesn't keep gov't emails because that would make a lot of sense.

Member Awards ()

#20 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:32 PM

I'm really not. I say it's a non-issue because it's a non-issue. I am happy to point out non-issues when the Democrats bring them up, like the thing about Mitt Romney putting his dog on the roof of the car. But Democrats just don't make these kinds of attacks as often, at least not as successfully. That's because, as I've said for years, the Democrats are incompetent. Those are our choices in America today: incompetent or evil.

I'm not pro Hillary Clinton, and in the last several comments I have been pretty openly criticizing the Democrats. But let me be as clear as I can: The Democrats are bad. The Republicans are worse. Hillary Clinton is a meh candidate at best, but she is the overwhelming favorite and, barring some unforeseen development, will almost certainly be the Democratic nominee and the next president. This so-called "scandal" will amount to nothing, just like all the others.

Member Awards ()

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users