• 7728 posts
  • Gender:Sentient artificial intelligence - identifies as female
  • Ruler Name:Redezra
  • Nation Name:Jorostopia
  • IRC Nick:Redezra
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:17 PM

Oni was good, Marathon (I, II, Inf) was excellent, Destiny is a ton of fun...

Myth? Myth was shit.

Fuck Myth.

#22 BlackOut227

BlackOut227

Someone save me

• Minister of War
  • 323 posts
  • Ruler Name:BlackOut227
  • Nation Name:Bloodlust
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:25 PM

Destiny is great, only if you're playing with friends. It can be fun, the same way Lost Planet was, jumping around and using abilities. But it comes with a lot of grinding and after you hit Level 20 you just hope to ifnd better armor to level up. I have not seen one person reach level 30, the highest I saw I believe was 27 or 28.

The story line is garbage and honestly was hoping for something better. I get that they're trying to make it like Halo where the story can be played out over a decade. But they made absolutely no effort in even making a base for a story line. Which is what this game should have focused on. There are already tons of MMO shooters out there, and plenty of them F2P (and not even pay to win). So what I was hoping for with their excellent advertisements was a game that would be able to bring that same experience of a shooter MMO with a great, even a good story line would have made me happy. But you guys get it.

A gamer should not have to get DLC to get a story line, which is what it is looking like it will be with their expansion pass. I honestly had more fun, for a longer time, with every Halo game I played than this. EDIT: I wasn't a huge fan of Halo unless I was playing with friends as well, but they had a story line I could at least follow and want to beat.

I returned the game after a week and got some Steam credit instead.

Edited by BlackOut227, 03 October 2014 - 09:23 AM.

Member Awards ()

#23 Justavictim82

Justavictim82

Better than you

• Peer
  • 2233 posts
  • Ruler Name:justavictim82
  • Nation Name:AllaboutthePentiums
  • IRC Nick:Justavictim82[Invicta]
  • Alliance Name:Horse love
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 October 2014 - 10:35 PM

Destiny is great, only if you're playing with friends. It can be fun, the same way Lost Planet was, jumping around and using abilities. But it comes with a lot of grinding and after you hit Level 20 you just hope to ifnd better armor to level up. I have not seen one person reach level 30, the highest I saw I believe was 27 or 28.

The story line is garbage and honestly was hoping for something better. I get that they're trying to make it like Halo where the story can be played out over a decade. But they made absolutely no effort in even making a base for a story line. Which is what this game should have focused on. There are already tons of MMO shooters out there, and plenty of them F2P (and not even pay to win). So what I was hoping for with their excellent advertisements was a game that would be able to bring that same experience of a shooter MMO with a great, even a good story line would have made me happy. But you guys get it.

A gamer should not have to get DLC to get a story line, which is what it is looking like it will be with their expansion pass. I honestly had more fun, for a longer time, with every Halo game I played than this.

I returned the game after a week and got some Steam credit instead.

I had heard some conflicting reviews about Destiny the week it came out. I was contemplating either getting it for PC or getting a PS4 to play it. I am glad I didn't. What you have described is EXACTLY what everyone I have talked to has said is the biggest negative of the game. I have burned majorly in the past on a new release getting major hype only to be majorly disappointed (GTA:IV comes foremost to mind) about how bad the main story line is.  I do not understand most MMO games. They lack in content but expect you to buy up a game just because it looks pretty and you can play with your friends? Honestly I would rather play a game like Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition single player than be forced into mediocrity by playing online with friends.

Member Awards ()

#24 Shokkou

Shokkou
  • Banned
  • 1922 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:16 AM

A lot of the things I had been hearing had started to set up red flags in my head, and it just seems like another instance in which my skepticism has proven right once again.

I'll continue to wait patiently for Heat Signature.

#25 Redezra

Redezra

~>:BAMF:<~

• Invicta: Knight
  • 7728 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 October 2014 - 02:11 AM

There's so much rage for Destiny~~~ I don't see what the problem is, it's one of my favorite console games~ It's replayable, it's not too challenging, it's like riding a bicycle.

Plus it's Bungie, and the story, which is there, and quite clever, is a bunch of fun. It's also amazingly beautiful, and unlike MMOs, feels like you're playing a single player game.

Shokkou, you're missing out on the lovecraftian AI robot horde from beyond time. Also playing with meeeee~ :P

#26 Haflinger

Haflinger

Flipper

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 10259 posts
  • Ruler Name:Haflinger
  • Nation Name:Llonach
  • IRC Nick:Haflinger
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:58 PM

it's not too challenging

Here is the problem with games nowadays. They're too fucking easy. It's the problem with Skyrim, which in many ways is the best game ever published. But when you get over level 40 or so it gets too damn easy.

One of the things I liked about Mass Effect was that it was occasionally really damn hard. Yeah, mostly just in DLCs, but at least some of the time you had a real feeling of accomplishment when you beat a mission. There's far too much simple grinding in games nowadays in general.

The reason I like Myth better incidentally is because it makes you think. You have to solve the problems posed in each battle, not just click as fast as you can until everything dies. Which is boring.

Member Awards ()

#27 Redezra

Redezra

• 7728 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 October 2014 - 09:14 PM

it's not too challenging

Here is the problem with games nowadays. They're too fucking easy. It's the problem with Skyrim, which in many ways is the best game ever published. But when you get over level 40 or so it gets too damn easy.

One of the things I liked about Mass Effect was that it was occasionally really damn hard. Yeah, mostly just in DLCs, but at least some of the time you had a real feeling of accomplishment when you beat a mission. There's far too much simple grinding in games nowadays in general.

The reason I like Myth better incidentally is because it makes you think. You have to solve the problems posed in each battle, not just click as fast as you can until everything dies. Which is boring.

I always hated games that were ludicrously difficult. I play games as an escape, to chill out. Why do I want to make that insanely nervewracking and challenging? I just want to have fun.

#28 Haflinger

Haflinger

Flipper

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 10259 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 October 2014 - 09:54 PM

The fun comes when you beat the challenge. If you just want something easy, well there's always masturbation. B-)

Member Awards ()

#29 Redezra

Redezra

• 7728 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 October 2014 - 10:53 PM

I like doing something that does not require too much effort to overcome, not no effort at all. Pff.... I'll never understand you people, spending so much time trying to win... whatever you try to win.

#30 Daniel P

Daniel P

Can Grant Wishes

• Minister of Internal Affairs
  • 1715 posts
  • Ruler Name:Daniel Chrono
  • Nation Name:Neutrality Force
  • IRC Nick:DanielChrono[INVICTA]
  • Nation Link

Posted 04 October 2014 - 11:18 PM

I like doing something that does not require too much effort to overcome, not no effort at all. Pff.... I'll never understand you people, spending so much time trying to win... whatever you try to win.

Because people like a good challenge. I like my games that it get progressively harder.

Member Awards ()

#31 Redezra

Redezra

• 7728 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 05 October 2014 - 09:53 AM

Clearly not everyone~

#32 Shokkou

Shokkou
  • Banned
  • 1922 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 11:53 AM

There's so much rage for Destiny~~~ I don't see what the problem is, it's one of my favorite console games~ It's replayable, it's not too challenging, it's like riding a bicycle.

Plus it's Bungie, and the story, which is there, and quite clever, is a bunch of fun. It's also amazingly beautiful, and unlike MMOs, feels like you're playing a single player game.

Shokkou, you're missing out on the lovecraftian AI robot horde from beyond time. Also playing with meeeee~ :P

I will never own a PS4 or pay for either XBL or PSN, so it is unlikely we would ever play together anyway. :v

#33 Justavictim82

Justavictim82

Better than you

• Peer
  • 2233 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 05 October 2014 - 07:01 PM

If you are under 10, this statement applies. If games are made without challenge/difficulty, why bother making them? If you want endless shoot-um-up, play CoD. Otherwise leave gaming to people who give a shit.

Member Awards ()

#34 Redezra

Redezra

• 7728 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 06 October 2014 - 01:53 AM

But corra dooty has no story~

Destiny has a story. I like stories. I like games for their artistic merit~

#35 Redezra

Redezra

• 7728 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 06 October 2014 - 01:54 AM

I will never own a PS4 or pay for either XBL or PSN, so it is unlikely we would ever play together anyway. :v

;_;

#36 Shokkou

Shokkou
  • Banned
  • 1922 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 02:33 PM

But corra dooty has no story~

Destiny has a story. I like stories. I like games for their artistic merit~

Play Gunpoint. It even lets you choose whether you want to react to the cyberpunk dystopian world in a very serious and straight-faced manner, or if you want to be all subversive and make fun of the plot the whole way.

;_;

I have an internet connection though. There's nothing stopping us from playing PC games together, which is clearly the superior experience anyway. :P

3786980-1717440142-4.png.png

#37 Redezra

Redezra

• 7728 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 06 October 2014 - 06:59 PM

Well I would, if  Destiny was on PC, it's what I'm playing atm sooooooooo....... Bungie is awesome, so I need to go where the party is. That'll come to a screeching halt when I get my collector's ed Shadow of Mordor on thursday :3

Don't worry, I play pretty much everything else on PC, it's only the console exclusives I need the PS4 for. Also the Sony Badge of Fangirling.

#38 Haflinger

Haflinger

Flipper

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 10259 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:04 PM

That's the thing, most of these games strike me as being in the "no effort at all" category.

Member Awards ()

#39 Justavictim82

Justavictim82

Better than you

• Peer
  • 2233 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:07 PM

That's the thing, most of these games strike me as being in the "no effort at all" category.

This. Again if a 10 year old can get through a game with 0 difficulty, then the game requires no effort to complete. I want something inherently difficult so that I get a sense of accomplishment from beating the game. If the game is all story and no difficulty, it might as well be a book.

Member Awards ()

#40 Redezra

Redezra

• 7728 posts
  • Nation Link