Precisely

• Former Member
  • 843 posts
  • Ruler Name:HordeLorde
  • Nation Name:Kamigawa
  • IRC Nick:HordeLorde
  • Nation Link

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:31 AM

the war against drugs is just a tool cops use to be extra nosy (and in some cases brutal) and perform in security theater. 

#42 Manoka

Manoka
  • Internal Affairs: Writer
  • 6520 posts
  • Ruler Name:deadmanszpiper
  • Nation Name:Manoka
  • IRC Nick:Rawrmansz
  • Nation Link

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:37 PM

the war against drugs is just a tool cops use to be extra nosy (and in some cases brutal) and perform in security theater. 

Considering that cops don't write the laws and the drugs can actually have negative side effects, I'd say that's at least a bit of an exaggeration.

Member Awards ()

#43 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 16 December 2015 - 04:18 PM

Member Awards ()

#44 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 16 December 2015 - 05:10 PM

To be fair, the whole, 200 pounds things is actually false, it's more like half a pound, and it also depends heavily on the THC saturation in the marijuana, which most people smoke 50%+ these days. As well, heart disease and heart attacks are the biggest killers.

So, while there have been few nicotine related deaths, there's been a lot of heart disease related deaths from cigarettes. Overdoses are not the only thing to worry about.

50%+??? Get the fuck out. Seriously just get the fuck out. You'll be hard pressed to find any strain of flower over 25% and the highest I've ever smoked was tested at 27%. If you're talking wax, the range goes from 70%-92% and if you're getting anything lower, you're not getting your moneys worth as it is usually a lot more expensive than flower.

This post was made so long ago I couldn't even begin to tell you what I was talking about. 

I think it was like, THC concentrate or something, and not marijuana. But I can't be sure on that. 

50% seems high for marijuana though, it's more like 10-25% these days. Still higher than it used to be. It's 50%, in the buds.

Edited by Manoka, 16 December 2015 - 05:10 PM.

Member Awards ()

#45 HordeLorde

HordeLorde

Precisely

• Former Member
  • 843 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 16 December 2015 - 08:52 PM

Considering that cops don't write the laws and the drugs can actually have negative side effects, I'd say that's at least a bit of an exaggeration.

did i say that cops write laws? no i didnt. i said war against drugs is a TOOL that cops use. as in something handy used to achieve a certain task.
a cop will say he smells pot just to give himself a reason to search your car, house or person and then use something like civil forfeiture to take whatever pleases them, saying it was being used to commit a crime even if they have no evidence of pot. Theyll arrest people on the side of the road even if no drugs are found to make passers by think that cops are doing some good and getting the bad guy(security theater)

as far as exaggerating, you accuse me of exaggerating while there has been post after post of people shaming marijuana and marijuana smokers. all of them exaggerating and some flat out lying about affects of marijuana because theyve got a problem with it. WELL NOW ITS MY TURN!

any diabetics in the room? if so your medications side effects can include: Bloating, gas, diarrhea, upset stomach, loss of appetite and in some cases lactic acidosis may occur in people with abnormal kidney or liver function.

how about heart patients: if so your meds side effects can include erection problems in some men, gout, insomnia, breathing problems, frequent urination, depression, heart palpitations

i could go on and on but the point is. EVERY medication has  side effects some relatively harmless others very serious. so to pick on cannabis and then not go to war with every other drug behind and over the pharmacy counter is hypocritical, two faced, full of double standards and honestly pathetic. if each and every one of you had a family member that was dying and in horrible insatiable pain, and a doctor said "hey i got this medicine that can save *insert name here*'s life or at least have them not die in pain" youd all be on board. unless of course the doctor said it was cannabis in which youd all let that family member die, and not give a shit about how much pain they are in because(and here is the kick to your groins) "you dont like it" "it stinks" "it causes whatever fake ass lame excuse i can conjuer up" "my pastor told me not to" And before any of you ask YES i WOULD medicate a child with marijuana if they had a condition in which marijuana would help

when i was diagnosed with epilepsy, my doctors tried a number of different meds. the side effects sucked. i lost some teeth and alot of weight. the meds worked most of the time but i still had seizures every so often. so why even take the meds right? well they finally found one that worked. Nuerontin. i actually stopped having seizures. But at a cost. for 8 months i was pushed around in a wheelchair, not very sure where i was at, had little intellignet conversation if any conversation at all and i could no longer control my own bladder or bowels. i was held back a year of school because of my inability to perform and participate in class or even what i was doing at the moment. 

long story short now im back on one of those other medicines nd supplement that medicine with marijuana. if i skip a dose of the med ill have a seizure. if i go about a day or so without smoking at least 1 bowl ill have a seizure. they work in tandem and neither is enough by itself to solve the problem. 

so to all of you naysayers out there and arty poopers and people who let the most insignificant of actions offend and upset them. Go lay your own path your own life, and stop trying to tell me how i should lay mine and stop voting for people who are trying to lay the path for everybody. this is my journey im not gonna not experience something just because it bothers you. if cannabis was punished worse than how youre punished for murder there would still be people who smoke it. stop trying to mmake others choices and let them decide for themfuckinselves.

Now that i got that out ima go smoke a bowl.

#46 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 18 December 2015 - 12:23 AM

Marijuana has very weak medicinal values that can easily be replaced by far more effective and capable forms of medicine, that also don't make you high all the time. 

Marijuana has more or less been shown to lower I.Q. It permanently changes the brain by decreasing the size of the hippocampus, but that aside there's also increased chance of cancer, particularly of the lung if you smoke it. Like inhaling any smoke does. 

Further, it lowers the reaction time of people, and generally removes them from the situation making them less attentive, which in turn makes them worse drivers, among other things. 

As for studies that tried to show it was safer, objectively, substantially more people die from marijuana related accidents than are chronic users. The test showed people drove half of what the speed limit said to, and then concluded this made them safer. In real world conditions, driving that slow can cause an accident, especially on the highway, and the inability to stop in time by driving the actual speed of traffic means they'd be more likely to cause a car accident or hit somebody. Increased rates of heart disease are also usually present. ]

Car accidents are more common, so that's a chance of death. The chance of a THC overdose is overall pretty low, just like it is with nicotine. In fact, no person has died from a nicotine overdose in over 10 years. However, as anybody can tell you cigarettes are harmful to your health. Not dying of an overdose is not the only way to die, or the only negative impacts. Because dying of old age means heart disease or cancer, the fact it speeds both of those things up basically means they count it as shaving years off your life. As a chronic user you can generally expect to die 10-20 years earlier. 

Now, if we as a society are willing to take the risks, that's a different story all together; after all, plenty of things like say, rat poison are legal. But, these are just some facts to bear in mind. 

Edited by Manoka, 18 December 2015 - 12:28 AM.

Member Awards ()

#47 HordeLorde

HordeLorde

Precisely

• Former Member
  • 843 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 19 December 2015 - 01:17 AM

by jove! youve got a sweltering case of the givetoomuchadamnitis! a bowl a day should clear that up.....doctors orders!

#48 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 19 December 2015 - 12:37 PM

Well, I do murder people a lot. 

But then again I take a lot of PCP so, what would, like marijuana do? Probably make me go on a homicidal rage. But then again it may equalize and we may be on a path to enlightenment. I say we because Mr. Pimberman is here with me too. 

Edited by Manoka, 19 December 2015 - 12:37 PM.

Member Awards ()

#49 He who posts

He who posts

Intentialy offensive

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1444 posts
  • Gender:Sentient artificial intelligence - identifies as male
  • Nation Name: 
  • IRC Nick: 
  • Alliance Name: 
  • Nation Link

Posted 19 December 2015 - 01:19 PM

#50 Redezra

Redezra

~>:BAMF:<~

• Invicta: Knight
  • 7728 posts
  • Gender:Sentient artificial intelligence - identifies as female
  • Ruler Name:Redezra
  • Nation Name:Jorostopia
  • IRC Nick:Redezra
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 20 December 2015 - 06:17 PM

Lol. What.

#51 He who posts

He who posts

Intentialy offensive

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1444 posts
  • Nation Name: 
  • IRC Nick: 
  • Alliance Name: 
  • Nation Link

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:16 AM

Lol. What.

Don't do pot, drink yourself into a coma instead.

This ad was proudly sponsored by the alcoholic industry, for a brighter future drink irresponsible today!

#52 Killman4

Killman4

Formerly known as Junior Senior Gov

• Peer
  • 1433 posts
  • Gender:Household pet that walked across the keyboard - male
  • Ruler Name:killman4
  • Nation Name:Suomessa on vahva
  • IRC Nick:killlman4
  • Nation Link

Posted 21 December 2015 - 02:03 PM

Australian Government is weird

Member Awards ()

#53 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 21 December 2015 - 04:34 PM

He just needs a snickers bar.

Member Awards ()

#54 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

The Invictan Formerly Known as Jorost

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Gender:Household pet that walked across the keyboard - male
  • Ruler Name:Jorost
  • Nation Name:Invicta Crownlands
  • IRC Nick:Jorost
  • Nation Link

Posted 21 December 2015 - 05:16 PM

Anything can kill. A jelly bean can kill if it gets lodged in your throat.

Member Awards ()

#55 He who posts

He who posts

Intentialy offensive

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1444 posts
  • Nation Name: 
  • IRC Nick: 
  • Alliance Name: 
  • Nation Link

Posted 21 December 2015 - 05:54 PM

Water can kill. Too much too little, too pure too filthy. Which makes it silly to even include THC rates only produce in labs. The average shit you will find isn't much more than in the 90's. And the high-end stuff cost way to much at places where it's supposed to be cheap and have stuff going on besides THC (once bought shit that was heavy for my experienced stoner friends while I started tripping).

#56 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 21 December 2015 - 06:04 PM

So that's what happened to that Baby bird! emote.png

Member Awards ()

#57 slimshadyinc

slimshadyinc
  • Former Member
  • 503 posts
  • Ruler Name:slimshadyinc
  • Nation Name:United Freedom State
  • Nation Link

Posted 21 December 2015 - 06:11 PM

I hate when people say bad things about marijuana when they've never tried it themselves. I've heard accusations ranging from it makes you stupid all the way to it puts you in another universe. If you had actually smoked pot before, you would know that's not true.

Member Awards ()

#58 Manoka

Manoka
  • 6520 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 21 December 2015 - 06:50 PM

I hate when people say bad things about marijuana when they've never tried it themselves. I've heard accusations ranging from it makes you stupid all the way to it puts you in another universe. If you had actually smoked pot before, you would know that's not true.

I don't think you need to take it to understand what it does. 

I mean, I've never jumped off a bridge. But I know there's some fish down there.

Eh?

Member Awards ()

#59 Redezra

Redezra

~>:BAMF:<~

• Invicta: Knight
  • 7728 posts
  • Gender:Sentient artificial intelligence - identifies as female
  • Ruler Name:Redezra
  • Nation Name:Jorostopia
  • IRC Nick:Redezra
  • Nation Link

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:15 PM

Australian Government is weird

Best bit is that the State Govt that sanctioned it is like "What the fuck kind of stupid ad is this? Who wrote this?". 

Not even Australians think this was a good idea.

#60 slimshadyinc

slimshadyinc
  • Former Member
  • 503 posts
  • Ruler Name:slimshadyinc
  • Nation Name:United Freedom State
  • Nation Link

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:09 PM

I don't think you need to take it to understand what it does. 

I mean, I've never jumped off a bridge. But I know there's some fish down there.

Eh?

Not exactly the same argument since we're not banning jumping off of bridges. It's a choice.

Member Awards ()

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yandex (1)