not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Ruler Name:Thrash
  • Nation Name:Machas
  • IRC Nick:Thrash[Invicta]
  • Nation Link

Posted 01 August 2016 - 09:58 AM

I see you've gotten REAL quiet as of late. Is it out of shame? Is it because you don't want to admit your party is exactly what the opposite party has been saying all along? I'm taking great glee while the Democratic party shatters while the Republican party is uniting. Are you still voting for the felon? Is it because you thought this country was turning far left and your party won't allow that? This is fucking great..  Trump has broken the Democrats, exposed them for what they are... who would've thought?

Member Awards ()

#2 rotty

rotty

The First 2 time Puppy President

• President Emeritus
  • 13429 posts
  • BJ Points:69696969
  • Ruler Name:rotty
  • Nation Name:Giggle
  • IRC Nick:rotty
  • Alliance Name:~ Invicta ~
  • Nation Link

Posted 01 August 2016 - 02:14 PM

Sadly, I dont think the GOP is uniting at all.

Where are those tax returns? lol  I want to know if the crazy one is lying or he is indeed worth $10 billion.

Member Awards ()

#3 King Biscuit

King Biscuit

Wanna see a dead body?

• President Emeritus
  • 6393 posts
  • Ruler Name:King Biscuit
  • Nation Name:Ovencia
  • IRC Nick:KingBeard
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 01 August 2016 - 07:45 PM

Word on the street is that Jorost is voting for Gary Johnson.

Member Awards ()

#4 Ellis

Ellis
  • Vice-Chancellor
  • 3612 posts
  • Ruler Name:Ellis
  • Nation Name:Straccia
  • IRC Nick:Ellis
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 August 2016 - 07:09 AM

While I can see why you'd hate Clinton, electing Trump seem like absolute insanity. Luckily it's not a choice I actually have to make.

Member Awards ()

#5 rotty

rotty

• President Emeritus
  • 13429 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 August 2016 - 04:09 PM

I think Trump' meds wore out mid speech http://www.foxnews.c...king-noise.html

Member Awards ()

#6 Redezra

Redezra

~>:BAMF:<~

• Invicta: Knight
  • 7728 posts
  • Gender:Sentient artificial intelligence - identifies as female
  • Ruler Name:Redezra
  • Nation Name:Jorostopia
  • IRC Nick:Redezra
  • Nation Link

Posted 02 August 2016 - 05:33 PM

Nah, Jorost is just off in the desert for a while, you know, searching for lost cities and fighting people who insist on wearing suits.

Oh wait no, that's the lead character from Uncharted. Never mind.

Point is he's vanished again, I'm sure he'll be back to tell you how terrible the Republicans are another day.

Personally I think it's glorious how openly corrupt the Democrats are being. In any other election it would make them the clear bad choice, but this one? Hah, they're just taking the piss. I particularly like how they've angled themselves to be the pro constitution, pro freedom party this time. Gotta hand it to Trump, he's the only guy that would walk so far off track that the Republicans would lose those mandates.

Just to be clear, I do not believe in the slightest that the Republicans are any less corrupt than the Democrats, in fact I think they're more corrupt, and very often morally bankrupt to boot. It just so happens this time that they played with an outside factor that they could not stop, could not argue with, could not control, and could not buy out. They still can't to be quite honest, but that doesn't mean it's a good thing. Corruption being defeated by a bigger and more candy corn flavoured corruption does not a clean party make.

#7 Justavictim82

Justavictim82

Better than you

• Peer
  • 2233 posts
  • Ruler Name:justavictim82
  • Nation Name:AllaboutthePentiums
  • IRC Nick:Justavictim82[Invicta]
  • Alliance Name:Horse love
  • Nation Link

Posted 03 August 2016 - 07:26 AM

Isn't this Jorost's super busy time of the year? Usually he has the camp thing going on then in a few weeks, school begins.

Member Awards ()

#8 Shokkou

Shokkou
  • Banned
  • 1922 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:30 AM

I do not believe in the slightest that the Republicans are any less corrupt than the Democrats, in fact I think they're more corrupt, and very often morally bankrupt to boot.

Both parties were faced, this election cycle, with candidates who were massively unpopular with their existing establishment. One party fought tooth and nail but accepted the will of the people when that candidate came out as their clear choice. The other party rigged their election, defrauding their members in the process, in order to force their desired candidate through.

The facts speak for themselves.

#9 Redezra

Redezra

• 7728 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 06 August 2016 - 10:53 PM

One kind act does not a benefactor make

#10 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

The Invictan Formerly Known as Jorost

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Gender:Household pet that walked across the keyboard - male
  • Ruler Name:Jorost
  • Nation Name:Invicta Crownlands
  • IRC Nick:Jorost
  • Nation Link

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:11 PM

Well, dictionary-wise I suppose it does, technically. But something tells me you are making a more general point. Isn't it fun having someone nitpick you about pointless side quibbles? Gawd I love the internet.

Member Awards ()

#11 Shokkou

Shokkou
  • Banned
  • 1922 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 12:06 AM

It's more about the prevailing attitudes that these seemingly singular acts reveal. The individual acts of Trump and Clinton becoming the nominees of their respective parties did not occur in a vacuum. They were the culmination of a series of events that put the character of each party on display. I would argue that both parties stuck to their core values in this case. The Republicans went with the will of the people even if it wasn't what their leaders wanted. The Democrats adopted a "we know best now shut up and toe the line" approach. I know that (undemocratic) approach appeals to some of you. We'll see soon enough whether or not it really appeals to enough of the Democrat voters to mean something.

#12 Redezra

Redezra

• 7728 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 07 August 2016 - 12:57 AM

I think it's more of the sheer political clout of the Clinton name. The Bush family dumped it all on GW against Gore. The Clintons still have (or rather, until very recently had) a lot of power at the top of society.

Nobody in the Republican race had the same kind of vice grip that Clinton has over the Democrat party, so eventually democracy won and the party got behind Trump (and I'm not sure about that entirely, I expect a few more Republicans to jump ship).

I don't think this has anything to do with ideology, or left v right leanings, or anything more than someone who knows exactly how to get a favourable outcome. Hillary, let's face it, stands for nothing but whatever gets her into power. She has tremendously powerful backers. She supports a fair, patriotic, honourable view of the USA at the surface, and whatever anyone wants her to do underneath. Trump has none of these traits, he stands for himself, is backed by himself, and views the USA as... well... his.

What Clinton has, demonstrably, is exceptionally good diplomacy skills, can manipulate people effectively, can identify effective and appropriate allies, and knows how to plan and act calmly and patiently.. These are all good things for foreign affairs, for global diplomacy, etc. Snakes are excellent leaders.

Now obviously a lot of people have problems with that cause it's not "good", or "fair", or whatever, but we all know we don't live in Shokkou's dream world where everyone gets an equal and free shot at life, we live much more closely to my dream world where everyone is micromanaged and doesn't know it.

..... plus being Australian all I really want is a strong outgoing American foreign presence and I don't get any of that shit under Trump.

That's my real reason.

>_>;;;

#13 Shokkou

Shokkou
  • Banned
  • 1922 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 01:58 AM

I would argue that Clinton views the US as hers to a much stronger degree than Trump does. Everything Hillary does exudes an air of "I am owed this" whereas Trump is actually fighting for the presidency. If she were actually good at the things you claim, she wouldn't be in the position she is. People keep saying Hillary is dangerously intelligent or whatever, but is she? A real master manipulator wouldn't have gotten themselves in quite so many major debacles. If she actually was a good planner, she'd know when to fold and let another establishment pawn step in and take the reigns. This hasn't happened though, because she's not actually as clever as the media fueled mystique of her has made her out to be.

I also find it amusing that after so long of other countries groaning about having America tell them what to do you say all you really want is a big, strong, outgoing America to hold you down and give you the D(omestic stability).

CpPKlO-UMAEkoq6.jpg

Edited by Shokkou, 07 August 2016 - 02:02 AM.

#14 Redezra

Redezra

• 7728 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 07 August 2016 - 02:59 AM

Actually, it's to keep the US from doing something stupid like not taking the hits we otherwise would.

#15 rotty

rotty

• President Emeritus
  • 13429 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:07 PM