• Foreign Diplomat
  • 35 posts
  • Ruler Name:Eye Teeth
  • Nation Name:Land of Pleasure
  • IRC Nick:EyeTeeth[Sparta]
  • Alliance Name:Sparta
  • Nation Link

Posted 06 June 2016 - 06:54 AM

He isn't becoming President for self-interest. He is literally has spent 10's of millions already. 100's more to come. He loves America. If he wanted to make money, he wouldn't run a presidential campaign, but just give money to Clinton.

#22 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

The Invictan Formerly Known as Jorost

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Gender:Household pet that walked across the keyboard - male
  • Ruler Name:Jorost
  • Nation Name:Invicta Crownlands
  • IRC Nick:Jorost
  • Alliance Name:Invicta
  • Nation Link

Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:33 AM

He's running for president for self aggrandizement. His entire life is based on self aggrandizement. He is a complete egomaniac who just happened to fall ass-backwards into the zeitgeist. And trust me, I know a thing or two about egomaniacs. I recognize one of my own. :)

Member Awards ()

#23 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:35 AM

>Clinton is getting rave reviews

>from people who have a vested interest in her winning

And?

Gee, Trump's never been called out for his comments before. Surely this will be the turning point in the presidential race.

If anything the media are much better served by a Trump victory. He's far more interesting and sells a lot more (proverbial) newspapers than Hillary Clinton. This race was all set to be boring until he came along. 

Member Awards ()

#24 Thrash

Thrash

not as gay

• Former Member
  • 9559 posts
  • Ruler Name:Thrash
  • Nation Name:Machas
  • IRC Nick:Thrash[Invicta]
  • Nation Link

Posted 06 June 2016 - 02:32 PM

He's running for president for self aggrandizement. His entire life is based on self aggrandizement. He is a complete egomaniac who just happened to fall ass-backwards into the zeitgeist. And trust me, I know a thing or two about egomaniacs. I recognize one of my own. :)

Sounds like you're talking about Hillary.

Member Awards ()

#25 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 06 June 2016 - 05:35 PM

Meh. Say what you will about Hillary Clinton, at least she earned it. She was born middle class, better off than Bill, who was famously poor as shit, but certainly not rich. She worked her way to the top. Donald Trump was born with a silver spoon jammed up his ass. He has never had a real job in his life.

Don't get me wrong, I admire Trump's bravado and force of personality. Like I said, I kind of want to see him win just to see what will happen. I don't really like Hillary Clinton very much, I just see her as the best of a bad slate of options. As I have said many times before, a Giant Douche or a Shit Sandwich.

Anyway, like I said, I think Trump is going to win.

Member Awards ()

#26 King Biscuit

King Biscuit

Wanna see a dead body?

• President Emeritus
  • 6393 posts
  • Ruler Name:King Biscuit
  • Nation Name:Ovencia
  • IRC Nick:KingBeard
  • Nation Link

Posted 06 June 2016 - 06:36 PM

Anyway, like I said, I think Trump is going to win.

Atomic Fire 2016!

Member Awards ()

#27 Eye Teeth

Eye Teeth
  • Foreign Diplomat
  • 35 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 06 June 2016 - 07:33 PM

There is a thing called Tramps Against Trump. You get nudes if you vote against him....... http://trampsagainst...-involved/c10fk

soooooo tempting..............

#28 HordeLorde

HordeLorde

Precisely

• Former Member
  • 843 posts
  • Ruler Name:HordeLorde
  • Nation Name:Kamigawa
  • IRC Nick:HordeLorde
  • Nation Link

Posted 06 June 2016 - 07:51 PM

If Clinton ends up being the nominee(and i hate to say that as a Bernie supporter) we could be on the precipice of having 2candidates with pending legal trouble on their hands... Trump with his university fraud and Clinton with her damn e-mails.... chew on that for a moment...then swallow and digest if you can.

#29 ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

ᗅᗺᗷᗅ

• Lord Protector
  • 16192 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:44 AM

Trump's legal trouble is civil, not criminal, and he personally is probably insulated from much legal fallout. Ditto Clinton, who apparently broke State Dept. rules (which is kind of strange since, as the head of the State Dept., she set the rules) but apparently not the law. While the FBI case has yet to wrap up, they have given every indication that no legal action will be forthcoming. So mostly these things would be politically damaging. On that score it seems like Trump might have the most to lose, if only because 25 years of Clinton scandals have largely inoculated the public to them. But Trump's whole shtick is based on his being a successful businessman; if he starts to be perceived as a con artist it could damage his brand.

Member Awards ()

#30 Redezra

Redezra

~>:BAMF:<~

• Invicta: Knight
  • 7728 posts
  • Gender:Sentient artificial intelligence - identifies as female
  • Ruler Name:Redezra
  • Nation Name:Jorostopia
  • IRC Nick:Redezra
  • Nation Link

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:15 PM

More importantly, you know what Clinton is capable of, you don't know what Trump is capable of. They're both compulsive liars, Clinton cause she's a professional politician, and Trump cause he's a businessman. And that's where I think my political heuristic comes into it, if you can't guarantee that someone's ideals are legit (which you categorically cannot do with either Clinton or Trump), choose the devil you know over the devil you don't.

#31 Edward Reed

Edward Reed
  • Foreign Diplomat
  • 310 posts
  • Ruler Name:Edward Reed
  • Nation Name:Plutonia
  • IRC Nick:Edward{RnR}
  • Nation Link

Posted 26 June 2016 - 10:15 AM

There is a thing called Tramps Against Trump. You get nudes if you vote against him....... http://trampsagainst...-involved/c10fk

soooooo tempting..............

No one wants to see a bunch of hippie looking fatties.   

Member Awards ()

#32 Shokkou

Shokkou
  • Banned
  • 1922 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 12:36 PM

More importantly, you know what Clinton is capable of, you don't know what Trump is capable of. They're both compulsive liars, Clinton cause she's a professional politician, and Trump cause he's a businessman. And that's where I think my political heuristic comes into it, if you can't guarantee that someone's ideals are legit (which you categorically cannot do with either Clinton or Trump), choose the devil you know over the devil you don't.

And this is completely absurd for many reasons, not the least of which being it takes only the most simplistic view of the situation without taking into account any of the intricacies of the system at hand - understandable since the statement is coming from a non-American, but not inexcusable. We do know what Clinton is capable of but we also do in fact know what Trump is capable of, that being miring the establishment machine and their status quo in a sticky quagmire for four or eight years as he and Congress clash at every opportunity. Some congressmen, rightly judging that public opinion has turned against their well oiled gravy train, might make the wise decision and back Trump on some of his more moderate policies but the idea that he would or could get any manner of apocalyptic event through is quite frankly delusional. As you yourself have stated, the man is a businessman. You can't do business with a country you've nuked.

#33 Redezra

Redezra

• 7728 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 27 June 2016 - 02:12 AM

Yes but he's a very bad businessman.

#34 Shokkou

Shokkou
  • Banned
  • 1922 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 02:38 AM

Clinton is a bad politician as evidenced by the fact that she keeps getting caught in all manner of lies, some of which are completely idiotic lies for her to have even tried to make in the first place. Now if we're approaching this from a purely pragmatic rather than ethical standpoint she's still a bad politician. If not because she lies all the time even when there's no apparent benefit to doing so then because she keeps getting caught.

#35 Eye Teeth

Eye Teeth
  • Foreign Diplomat
  • 35 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 27 June 2016 - 06:27 PM

Vote Trump or I join Invicta.

See how easy it is to get you to vote trump :)

#36 Redezra

Redezra

• 7728 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 27 June 2016 - 08:33 PM

Clinton is a bad politician as evidenced by the fact that she keeps getting caught in all manner of lies, some of which are completely idiotic lies for her to have even tried to make in the first place. Now if we're approaching this from a purely pragmatic rather than ethical standpoint she's still a bad politician. If not because she lies all the time even when there's no apparent benefit to doing so then because she keeps getting caught.

She can still make good deals, she just can't hide those deals for shit.

Trump makes bad deals.

Vote Trump or I join Invicta.

See how easy it is to get you to vote trump :)

Not even if I could, not even if my life depended on it, not even if someone was going to kill every person I know. He's that stupid.

#37 Shokkou

Shokkou
  • Banned
  • 1922 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 01:26 AM

Trump makes bad deals.

All she's accomplished in her career is to let some embassy staff get killed, hand tons of classified data over to the Chinese, and quite possibly intimidate her husband's rape accusers into silence - at least one of which has withstood scrutiny in a way that other prominent false claims like UVA could not. As much as you might want this to be about her "deals" being discovered, this is in fact simply about her own self-interested lies that she keeps getting caught in... because she's a bad politician (and an absolutely abhorrent person). On the matter of Trump, the man's never been a legislator or an executive in Washington so whatever bad political deals you'd like to insinuate he's made are nothing more than a load of fever dream malarkey.

#38 King Biscuit

King Biscuit

Wanna see a dead body?

• President Emeritus
  • 6393 posts
  • Ruler Name:King Biscuit
  • Nation Name:Ovencia
  • IRC Nick:KingBeard
  • Nation Link

Posted 28 June 2016 - 09:28 AM

Trump isn't stupid just like Bush II wasn't stupid.
It's all smoke and mirrors.

Member Awards ()

#39 Redezra

Redezra

• 7728 posts
  • Nation Link

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:11 AM

Trump makes bad deals.

All she's accomplished in her career is to let some embassy staff get killed, hand tons of classified data over to the Chinese, and quite possibly intimidate her husband's rape accusers into silence - at least one of which has withstood scrutiny in a way that other prominent false claims like UVA could not. As much as you might want this to be about her "deals" being discovered, this is in fact simply about her own self-interested lies that she keeps getting caught in... because she's a bad politician (and an absolutely abhorrent person). On the matter of Trump, the man's never been a legislator or an executive in Washington so whatever bad political deals you'd like to insinuate he's made are nothing more than a load of fever dream malarkey.

No he makes bad business deals.

#40 ForSparta

ForSparta
  • Foreign Diplomat
  • 8 posts
  • Ruler Name:ForSparta
  • Nation Name:HxC Sparta
  • IRC Nick:ForSparta
  • Alliance Name:MI6
  • Nation Link

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:28 AM

h-GARY-JOHNSON-960x540.jpg